Assuming the season is a train wreck, Give me some way too early head coaching candidates.

31 minutes ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

The Jets head coaching job is going to be an attractive one assuming Gase is gone, Also not completely sold on that. The situation we just saw could rally the team and Gase could be around in 2021 too. If he isn't who would you guys wanna see here? 

· Greg Roman (my personal favorite)

· Eric Bieniemy

· Greg Salah (don't want)

· Matt Eberflus

· David Toub

· Arthur Smith

· Don Martindale

· Jason Garrett (hardest pass ever)

· Byron Leftwich (pass)

· Josh McDaniels (it'll be a cold day in hell the day he comes here)

· Pete Carmichael Jr. (sneaky candidate)

FROM COLLEGE:

· Jim Harbaugh

· Lincoln Reilly (doubt he leaves)

· Matt Campbell (my 2nd choice after Greg Roman)

• Upvote 2

Let’s add P. J Fleck from University of Minnesota.  Similar to Matt Rhule, he is a program builder.   

with Joe Douglass obviously building through the draft with a lot of younger players, we need someone who is a teacher and team builder.  This guy turned Minnesota into a relevant college football team.

What we do not need is a retread coach who will try to win at all cost and thus sacrifice the development of these young players for Jags just to win an extra game.

Darnold is going to be a super star.  Joe is going to build the OL around him.  We are going to need a coach that is going to be able to develop defensive talent without having to 10 straight years of 1st round picks.  A coach that can develop mid round and I drafted players into contributors.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, GreekJet said:

Todd Monken was reportedly the runner up to Gase so keep an eye on him. 

It will be interesting to see how Joe Judge does in NY. I could see a trend of special teams coaches elevated as teams begin to look for the “CEO” type. 

True but that was w/ Mac. Douglas probably had a short list of people he would want as a HC 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

The Jets head coaching job is going to be an attractive one assuming Gase is gone, Also not completely sold on that. The situation we just saw could rally the team and Gase could be around in 2021 too. If he isn't who would you guys wanna see here? 

You have been added to the list. 

SAR I

If this season goes off the rails, the bigger concern will be that we likely need a new QB.  Replacing Gase wouldn't be as big of a question as replacing the QB.

I don't think that happens.  I think Darnold will at minimum be a top 20 QB next season, and since his and Gase's performances are tied together, that makes the topic moot. 

Basically in no scenario do I see Gase being fired without there also being a need to find a new QB too.  

But, to answer the OP's question, Bieniemy would probably be my top choice, followed by Roman.  As always, I'd be willing to throw a bunch of money at one of the college guys, but I doubt that would ever be a reasonable outcome.

• Upvote 1

Easy.  I want Greg Roman... He has the offensive chops and the leadership tools for the big chair.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  With JD at the helm, I can actually see a good HC prospect finally looking at the Jets as a good place to land.  Roman will be getting top billing, so that is absolutely key in getting him to sign...

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

Why does it matter... in all of Woodys years here, no well experienced coach has come here. Woody demands to control things this we are relegated to Rookie coaches. 

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Why does it matter... in all of Woodys years here, no well experienced coach has come here. Woody demands to control things this we are relegated to Rookie coaches. 

Hence why I pray that Joe Douglas gets the keys to the franchise.  We need the Johnson's to disappear.  Especially Woody but preferably both.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

But Junk says  we are lucky to have the Johnsons???  I’m confused. ?

I think he confuses the success of the 2000s as being Woody's handiwork when it was nearly 100 % due to the foundation Bill Parcells built.  Parcells wasn't hired by Woody Johnson.

nyjunc is always wrong, so no surprise there.  It's truly impressive.  He needs to adopt the George Costanza opposite approach.

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I think he confuses the success of the 2000s as being Woody's handiwork when it was nearly 100 % due to the foundation Bill Parcells built.  Parcells wasn't hired by Woody Johnson.

I agree with this....    Parcells built a foundation but we never won more than 10 games.  Herm simply wasn’t the coach to win more than 10 games.  he was a CEO.  He bragged about how he ran an organization.  he could barely manage the clock. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I agree with this....    Parcells built a foundation but we never won more than 10 games.  Herm simply wasn’t the coach to win more than 10 games.  he was a CEO.  He bragged about how he ran an organization.  he could barely manage the clock. 

Yep.  The process by which the GM/HC was hired under Woody was always a sh*t-show. 

• Terry Bradway was a clear Peter Principle victim.
  • Tagliabue asked the Jets to hire Herm, so Woody did.  He was severely under-qualified to be an NFL HC at the time.
  • Tannenbaum was a cap guy, also Peter Principle'd.
  • Rex wasn't ever seriously considered for the HC job in Baltimore.  A red flag we ignored.
  • Korn Ferry told Woody to hire Idzik as GM, so he did.
  • Casserly and Ron Wolf told Woody to hire the Macc and Bowles duo, so he did.  Bowles was forgivable; he was a top DC and hot candidate that offseason.  Macc was not, as he was close to getting fired in Houston at that time.

Chris Johnson was not immune either, but he was only really responsible for the Macc/Gase fiasco.  Which, fortunately, ended up netting us the biggest franchise win in 2 decades:  Joe Douglas.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If this season goes off the rails, the bigger concern will be that we likely need a new QB.  Replacing Gase wouldn't be as big of a question as replacing the QB.

I don't think that happens.  I think Darnold will at minimum be a top 20 QB next season, and since his and Gase's performances are tied together, that makes the topic moot. 

Basically in no scenario do I see Gase being fired without there also being a need to find a new QB too.  

But, to answer the OP's question, Bieniemy would probably be my top choice, followed by Roman.  As always, I'd be willing to throw a bunch of money at one of the college guys, but I doubt that would ever be a reasonable outcome.

Darnold is already a top 20 QB.. easily. Name 20 QBs you think are better right now. Name 20 QBs that could have done better behind that O Line while battling mono. 

2 hours ago, nico002 said:

Darnold is already a top 20 QB.. easily. Name 20 QBs you think are better right now. Name 20 QBs that could have done better behind that O Line while battling mono. 

I'm talking about him putting up top 20 QB numbers next season.  He hasn't yet, but he will next year.

Quit being a psycho.  You don't have to rush in and defend every small perceived slight someone directs at your boy.  I believe in Sam Darnold.