Shocking development, respected veteran player likes Gase

10 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

He said all coaches have some players who don’t like the coach but Gase did not have an abnormal number of players who had issues with him.

“On a team everybody’s different. Every man’s not going to be happy with a coach,” Gore said. “You know what I’m saying? I think you’re either going to be on board or you’re not. I think that’s with every coach. 

Where have I heard this, which poster said it??

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

https://nypost.com/2020/07/25/real-adam-gase-big-reason-frank-gore-chose-the-jets/

Veteran running back Frank Gore had a decision to make this spring. The 37-year-old had two teams interested in signing him — the Jets and the Raiders.

When it came down to it, Jets coach Adam Gase made the difference for him, and he signed a one-year deal with the team. The two have known each other since 2008, when Gase was a low-level assistant with the 49ers and Gore was the team’s star running back, and he played for Gase when he was the head coach in 2018 with the Dolphins.

“He was always real with me, man,” Gore told The Post on Saturday. “[The Jets] have their guy [Le’Veon Bell], but he wanted me to come in and do what I can to help the team. I respect that. One thing he has never done is tell me one thing and do the other. You know what I’m saying? I feel like that’s the way it should be. He’s always been real. I respect that.”

Gase’s relationships with players has been a point of concern for many fans, who have heard some stories from the end of Gase’s time in Miami. It came up again with Jamal Adams criticizing Gase in an interview published Friday.

Adams, who had openly asked for a trade while locked in a contract dispute with the team, was granted that wish Saturday, getting shipped to Settle in a package that landed the Jets two first-round draft picks.

But Gore said he is not sure where the criticism is coming from.

“When I was with him I felt like he was fair with everybody,” said Gore, who is entering his 16th season in the NFL. “I thought he was fair as a coach. I’m not trying to get into what’s going on with Jamal. I respect the way Jamal plays the game of football. He plays it the right way. I respect Adam as a coach, too. I don’t want to get into what those two have going on. That’s not my business.”

Gore has played for seven different head coaches, including one interim, during his time with the 49ers, Colts, Dolphins, Bills and now Jets. He said all coaches have some players who don’t like the coach but Gase did not have an abnormal number of players who had issues with him.

“On a team everybody’s different. Every man’s not going to be happy with a coach,” Gore said. “You know what I’m saying? I think you’re either going to be on board or you’re not. I think that’s with every coach. Everybody’s not going to be happy with their head coach. I was cool with him. As a team, it’s hard to get everybody on board. I think he was fair.”

Gore said Gase told him in 2008 that if he ever became a head coach and Gore was still playing that he would sign him. That came true in 2018 when Gase was the Dolphins coach and Gore was a free agent.

The Dolphins had Kenyan Drake as their starting running back, but Gore said Gase told him what his role would be.

“The situation then was basically the same situation going into this year,” Gore said. “They already had their guy and he just told me to come in and do what I could to help the team and when my number was called, make plays. That’s what I did. That’s what I’m looking forward to doing this year.

“Adam was always 100 percent with me. I respect him a lot.”

So Gore says every team has guys who don't like the coach, but the "Put Gase in Canton" crew said he is universally loved because nobody has called him out publicly.  Why would Frank Gore lie?

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

So Gore says every team has guys who don't like the coach, but the "Put Gase in Canton" crew said he is universally loved because nobody has called him out publicly.  Why would Frank Gore lie?

Who is in the camp of "Put Gase in the HOF".  Please name them so we can attribute all appropriate feelings.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Oh look, Mehta Junior is back.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

Who is in the camp of "Put Gase in the HOF".  Please name them so we can attribute all appropriate feelings.

They won't come right out and say it, but if you dare question his 32nd ranked offense, they're quick to defend the honor of the great Adam Gase.

Did you know he single handedly developed Peyton Manning?

• Upvote 3

Just now, AFJF said:

They won't come right out and say it, but if you dare question his 32nd ranked offense, they're quick to defend the honor of the great Adam Gase.

So, you know what these people are feeling? Please, create the list of names here that you know are 100% behind Adam Gase, that are secretly feeling he should be in the HOF, and let's allow them to respond. That would seem at least fair.

Or, if you are not willing to do that, let's just say that you sensationalize general feelings to back your agenda. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I said the same things Gore said.  I clearly remember saying that 53 men, 4 seasons, there are bound to be those who dont like the HC.  I said Belichick, Parcells, Shanahan, etc all have or had detractors.  Just as I said that a big percentage that had problems were in seasons where there were contract issues.  

We all kind of said the same things

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jet Nut said:

I said the same things Gore said.  I clearly remember saying that 53 men, 4 seasons, there are bound to be those who dont like the HC.  I said Belichick, Parcells, Shanahan, etc all have or had detractors.  Just as I said that a big percentage that had problems were in seasons where there were contract issues.  

<Places in AFJF's camp of "put Gase in the HOF">

Shun, shun, shun.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

So, you know what these people are feeling? Please, create the list of names here that you know are 100% behind Adam Gase, that are secretly feeling he should be in the HOF, and let's allow them to respond. That would seem at least fair.

Or, if you are not willing to do that, let's just say that you sensationalize general feelings to back your agenda. 

Well one of them is this super weird dude who constantly checks my profile and uses strange outliers because he thinks it disproves a point based on a sample size large enough to generalize.

The upside however, is that I'm working on some papers for my Cyberpshychology class and one assignment calls for us to analze the online behavior of those we interact with.  Some of these conversations have been productive in helping me identify abnormal psychological triats online.  Groupthink, parasocial relationships, delusional thoughts, psychopathy, etc.  Super interesting stuff and a legitimate reason to interact on JN while I get papers turned in.

My agenda is facts.  The "put gase in Canton" folks can't seem to get their head around that.  They believe that becasue a fact reflects poorly on Gase, that it's a personal attack against him.  Oh...there's more delusion.  Sweet.

15 minutes ago, AFJF said:

You mean try to explain how badly the injuries, specifically to QB and the lack of talent contributes to rankings?  Or what's known as facts?  Because actually taking what happens on the field, looking at what the team is instead of refusing to look ar reasons brings back a sarcasm like"the great Adam Gase"

Dont think he single handedly developed Peyton, find one single post, by one poster on the board, just one that says that.  I do know this, that Peyton, a aging Peyton had his greatest season, a historically great season with amazingly great numbers under Gase. 

I have a more important numbers for a HC.  Wins and losses, not the offensive rankings.  Few here had us winning 7 games with a healthy team, with Darnold starting 16 games, with Bell being Bell behind a OL that could function somewhat.  Now the 7 wins dont count or all of a sudden excuses will be made why it should count

The over the top comments along with the sarcasm doesnt make for a good argument 

What does "like" have to do with it.   Gase himself has proven to be a bad HC and an even worse OC.  The proof is in the numbers. Some of the best coaches were not "likeable".  We don't need "likeable"  We need *good*.  Also consider... Gore is the new kid on the block.  He's giving the teacher an apple on his first day.... 

Still.  Things are *REALLY* looking up.

A GM that has a strong enough presence to keep the Johnsons off his back and has been golden since he took the controls.

TWO first found picks for the Jets in 2021

TWO first round picks for the Jets in 2022

ALL of that talent at rookie contract prices.

Gase will be gone in 2021, JD will bring in an effective HC and the Jets will be PACKED with talent.

THIS is the road to sustained success.  

Rejoice !!!

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

But yesterday I was told that the only player on the  Jets to criticize him was Jamal and he was only doing that for money.  So by removing him, nobody has complained about him, so Gore would be incorrect in saying some guys won't like Gase.  We have all the evidence we need.  No complaints means nobody is unhappy.

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Well one of them is this super weird dude who constantly checks my profile and uses strange outliers because he thinks it disproves a point based on a sample size large enough to generalize.

The upside however, is that I'm working on some papers for my Cyberpshychology class and one assignment calls for us to analze the online behavior of those we interact with.  Some of these conversations have been productive in helping me identify abnormal psychological triats online.  Groupthink, parasocial relationships, delusional thoughts, psychopathy, etc.  Super interesting stuff and a legitimate reason to interact on JN while I get papers turned in.

My agenda is facts.  The "put gase in Canton" folks can't seem to get their head around that.  They believe that becasue a fact reflects poorly on Gase, that it's a personal attack against him.  Oh...there's more delusion.  Sweet.

Name names. I want to know these Gase supporters so I can put them in a box and label them as some sort of super fans. People with an irrational hope that their team succeeds. 

4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

But yesterday I was told that the only player on the  Jets to criticize him was Jamal and he was only doing that for money.  So by removing him, nobody has complained about him, so Gore would be incorrect in saying some guys won't like Gase.  We have all the evidence we need.  No complaints means nobody is unhappy.

Gore was clearly talking about the Dolphins.

Jamal was a Jet.

I can read

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

Name names. I want to know these Gase supporters so I can put them in a box and label them as some sort of super fans. People with an irrational hope that their team succeeds. 

Just say something negative about Gase and they'll show themselves.

4 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

What does "like" have to do with it.   Gase himself has proven to be a bad HC and an even worse OC.  The proof is in the numbers. Some of the best coaches were not "likeable".  We don't need "likeable"  We need *good*.  Also consider... Gore is the new kid on the block.  He's giving the teacher an apple on his first day.... 

Still.  Things are *REALLY* looking up.

A GM that has a strong enough presence to keep the Johnsons off his back and has been golden since he took the controls.

TWO first found picks for the Jets in 2021

TWO first round picks for the Jets in 2022

ALL of that talent at rookie contract prices.

Gase will be gone in 2021, JD will bring in an effective HC and the Jets will be PACKED with talent.

THIS is the road to sustained success.  

Rejoice !!!

You are correct. "Like" should not have very much to do with it. But, it has been a big conversation around here, as of late.

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You mean try to explain how badly the injuries, specifically to QB and the lack of talent contributes to rankings?  Or what's known as facts?  Because actually taking what happens on the field, looking at what the team is instead of refusing to look ar reasons brings back a sarcasm like"the great Adam Gase"

Dont think he single handedly developed Peyton, find one single post, by one poster on the board, just one that says that.  I do know this, that Peyton, a aging Peyton had his greatest season, a historically great season with amazingly great numbers under Gase. 

I have a more important numbers for a HC.  Wins and losses, not the offensive rankings.  Few here had us winning 7 games with a healthy team, with Darnold starting 16 games, with Bell being Bell behind a OL that could function somewhat.  Now the 7 wins dont count or all of a sudden excuses will be made why it should count

The over the top comments along with the sarcasm doesnt make for a good argument 

This is a fair point, but neither does defending Adam Gase, yet here we are.

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

This is a fair point, but neither does defending Adam Gase, yet here we are.

If trying to explain things for a HC by taking more than just O rankings by just the numbers and what's behind the numbers, not looking at the important numbers W & Ls compared to what we thought the roster would produce before the season started, I'm defending him I guess.  

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, AFJF said:

You can just call me "That other dude who isn't impressed by the NFL's 32nd ranked offense".

You are a lot more like Mehta in terms of agenda and reasoning than you think.

As your arguments here deteriorate page after page, you've now resorted to implying things such this board saying Gase will go to Canton and other silly exaggerations.  A sign of desperation in arguing. In your zeal to defend your questionable reasoning here, you've lost it.  No one is saying (except for one I can think of here) that Gase is the best HC in the world.  But your continual efforts to mimic Mehta has reached absurd proportions.  Again this is shown by the increased hyperbole in your comments about the majority opinion here.  

Why not just accept that only a minority of Jets fans agree with level of vitriol you have for Gase.  You are just going to have to wait out another season before your dreams of replacing him can possibly happen.  But that means a bad season, you know.  What a dillemma for you.  As for Manish, he hopes the Jets lose so he can further follow his venomous mission.  He doesn't care about the team, but you do.  So you've got that going for you at least.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

31 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

The distortions and exaggerations of what other posters are saying has begun.  Always a desperate last attempt to save a dying argument.  Should take a day or two to stop.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

You are a lot more like Mehta in terms of agenda and reasoning than you think.

As your arguments here deteriorate page after page, you've now resorted to implying things such this board saying Gase will go to Canton and other silly exaggerations.  A sign of desperation in arguing. In your zeal to defend your questionable reasoning here, you've lost it.  No one is saying (except for one I can think of here) that Gase is the best HC in the world.  But your continual efforts to mimic Mehta has reached absurd proportions.  Again this is shown by the increased hyperbole in your comments about the majority opinion here.  

Why not just accept that only a minority of Jets fans agree with level of vitriol you have for Gase.  You are just going to have to wait out another season before your dreams of replacing him can possibly happen.  But that means a bad season, you know.  What a dillemma for you.  As for Manish, he hopes the Jets lose so he can further follow his venomous mission.  He doesn't care about the team, but you do.  So you've got that going for you at least.

Hi, my name is Scott Dierking, and I would like Adam Gase to succeed with the Jets.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Hi, my name is Scott Dierking, and I would like Adam Gase to succeed with the Jets.

Welcome brother Jets fan.  We are all (mostly all) here with you.

And you forgot to tell us how long it has been since your last drink kick-the-dog event after a Jets loss?

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, AFJF said:

This is just about an admission that you have nothing more to add.  All that's left are these kinds of statements?  Please stop now.

• Upvote 1