Jets "Fleeced" Seattle? Perhaps Both Sides Did Well

30 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Scoring a sh*t ton of points or a box safety making a few stuffs in the backfield? 
How many times did we stuff the run for a 2 yard loss vs Brady, only to have him convert a 2nd & 12 to Gronk for 13 yards & a 1st down. 
I can’t even believe the haul we got for safety that is average at best in coverage. 
We have a mother load of draft picks to surround Sam with playas. 
History will show that there is a fool born every day (Seattle GM). How long has every been watching the NFL? 
When I turn on an NFL game I can’t wait to comment on the safety play. Adams can’t hold Ed Reeds jock strap! 
Just imagine if Bill Belichick made this trade. We as Jet fans would be like, OMG, Seattle just set them up for another 10 years of winning. What is Seattle without Russell Wilson? Look at the TEs in the AFC East last year & look at Kittle. Jamal gets to test himself against the best TE in the league...twice. He didn’t do well against Gronk at the END OF HIS CAREER. 
Pass me the popcorn. 

- "Scoring a sh*t ton of points": precisely, by far the name of the game today. Joe D must utilize all that draft capital towards a 30+ ppg offense - the going rate to compete with KC.

- Adams is way more than a box safety - just because Jets had him attacking the LOS a lot doesn't mean he wasn't an all-around great safety. 

- The Seattle GM may end up looking like a fool - his track record predicts the opposite. He's built one of the best programs in the NFL almost 10 years running. I think he and Douglas both may have done well here.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Just because our fan base thought he was overrated doesn’t mean that he was.  

we just traded away our only quality player for some players we won’t see on the field for two years. Eventually you have to field a competitive team. 

We’re going to have to watch the garbage this franchise is going to put out there every week this year. 

I think this is way overstating things. I understand you loved Adams but back away from the ledge. This team is not devoid of talent. Crowder is possibly the best slot in the league. Bell is a proven star and he was running behind probably the worst OL ever assembled last season and now has legit OL blocking for him, Sam imo is a future star. There is still a good amount of talent on D. The team has a chance to challenge for a playoff spot and the AFCE has no clear cut winner anymore. There are questions about every team. 

Things are not that bleak

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Sure, Hiroshima took a short-term loss, but on the other hand they were able to revisit their outmoded building codes and archaic infrastructure development program.

Sometimes you need to quell the desire to go for the tasteless joke. That’s in poor taste IMO

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I slotted them at #25 for for the next 2 years. I slotted the Jets pick at #13 next year. Very subjective, I know.

But, even if the slots vary slightly, the value stays relatively stable. The biggest piece of this is Seattle's record, and they are not going to fall down the board precipitously.

Seattle is very dependent  on Wilson's  play. All I'm  saying is ? happens.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Not even close.  
I was at a jets / ravens game in 1998, testaverde threw a pass from the 50 into the end zone and ed reed sprinted acrosss the whole end zone to pick it and return it to mid field. His vision was uncanny and changed how qbs saw the field.  Adams is a box safety who qbs want dropping back into coverage.  Generational, not even close 
Yawn ... Adams a SS vs probably the best FREE Safety ever... It's getting old.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

Adams is a great player and all pro , generational? Not really.  I've always defended him here, ask TOm Shane lol, but his mouth and juvenile antics in trying to get out of here drove me nuts. Enough was enough. Good riddance to this cancer.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

Generational talent!? Are you clinically insane? The only generational talent the jets have had in their HISTORY is Darrell Revis (maybe also Namath from a pure talent perspective). Jamal Adams is a very good player, he will not SNIFF the HOF. Guys like Reed or Polamalu made more plays in one season than Jamal will make in his entire career. 
Recorded for future use when he leads the Legion of Boom 3

4 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I did a separate thread on this, and based upon my subjective draft values (guessing at the position of the Jets and Seahawks 2021 and 2022 draft slots), the deal worked out to be the value of an overall  #7 pick.

That seems fair to both sides.

The no doubter that everyone has said, is Douglas needs to hit.

I don't agree with this analysis. Much depends on the depth of the particular draft, but two first round picks are worth more than the mathematical value of the draft chart.  A pick can be leveraged as well as used. It gives a GM firepower he wouldn't otherwise have. Not to mention we could have used that pick this year to get a Higgins or Pittman (and Mims, as an example) 

Super talented, Adams was worth two first round picks and change that Seattle paid for him.
He was an unneeded luxury on a team that is essentially rebuilding.
That said, he is a most annoying loudmouth, I'm delighted to not hear his endless chatter anymore.
Depends what these picks turn into.

7 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

I agree, they're looking to win a SB. Its short term thinking. 

But some teams are better at drafting than others. 1st round picks are valuable only if you can scout the right players. If you're missing on them as frequently as the seahawks do, then maybe they aren't worth as much. 

Then you need someone else making the picks.  Missing consistently on your first round pick is a crime. 

Just now, Long Island Leprechaun said:

I don't agree with this analysis. Much depends on the depth of the particular draft, but two first round picks are worth more than the mathematical value of the draft chart.  A pick can be leveraged as well as used. It gives a GM firepower he wouldn't otherwise have. Not to mention we could have used that pick this year to get a Higgins or Pittman (and Mims, as an example) 

Many ways to slice it. But, this was an objective view, based on published draft values.

What is done with those picks becomes subjective, and future deals then carry their own value. We can't predict the future.

We bent Seattle over for a Phillips screwdriver that they will soon regret. They have no draft capital now. We can draft a safety with our draft picks if needed (although we don't need) and never miss Jamal at all. We can extend Maye which is an above average safety and Davis/ Mcdougald seem to have talent. Adams will be embarrassing them on Twitter before you know it. This moron simply has no filter.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, JiF said:

Generational talent is the most over used hyperbole in all of the Football vernacular.

Jamal is one of the best I’ve ever seen in Green and White  but unfortunately that’s not saying much and generational he is not. 

When did you become a fan? Four years ago?

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Not even close.  

I was at a jets / ravens game in 1998, testaverde threw a pass from the 50 into the end zone and ed reed sprinted acrosss the whole end zone to pick it and return it to mid field. His vision was uncanny and changed how qbs saw the field.  Adams is a box safety who qbs want dropping back into coverage.  Generational, not even close 

Reed and Adams are two very different safeties.

Reed is among the best ballhawking safeties ever.

Whereas Adams is nowhere near the ball hawk, yet covers very well and does critical things better than Reed. Jamal is way more than a box safety.

Overall I'd take Reed over Adams in a heartbeat, but to minimize Jamal's impact on the field is silly. He's a unique safety and talent who does almost everything well (not a ball hawk), and does a few things great.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

20 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Just because our fan base thought he was overrated doesn’t mean that he was.  

we just traded away our only quality player for some players we won’t see on the field for two years. Eventually you have to field a competitive team. 

We’re going to have to watch the garbage this franchise is going to put out there every week this year. 

No better indicator of a players value than the fans who watch every single down. There is a reason that adams was being shopped to Dallas last year. 

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This positivity from you feels like a set-up. You’re making me paranoid with this

I was thinking this is almost a good a day as the day Mac got canned but then I realized that the trade never happens if Mac was still GM.  Ousting Mac just looks better and better 

Honestly getting a bit optimistic about this sh*theel team for the first time in a decade. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Then you need someone else making the picks.  Missing consistently on your first round pick is a crime. 

This is the same team that traded a first for Percy Harvin. It didn't work out in the long term, but they got a TD from him in the Super Bowl they won. 

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

I was thinking this is almost a good a day as the day Mac got canned but then I realized that the trade never happens if Mac was still GM.  Ousting Mac just looks better and better 

Honestly getting a bit optimistic about this sh*theel team for the first time in a decade. 

twins GIF

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

We just lost a generational player ...

He had to go ... But doesn't change the fact that The Jets drafted him...and lost him.

Onward and upward .. next man up !!!

You listening Mosley and Ashton Davis ??

LOL @ "generational player"   (should be spelled "playa")

Catch phrase of the NFL the last couple of years.  You are not a "generational" defensive back with 2 INTs against backup QBs in garbage time over your first three seasons.   What you are is a partially very good player with severe coverage deficiencies.  Generational my arse.   

Douglas should be handcufffed and imprisoned because he publicly raped Carroll.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I did a separate thread on this, and based upon my subjective draft values (guessing at the position of the Jets and Seahawks 2021 and 2022 draft slots), the deal worked out to be the value of an overall  #7 pick.

That seems fair to both sides.

The no doubter that everyone has said, is Douglas needs to hit.

SD..... based off this last draft, JD could turn each late round #1 pick into additional 2nd & 3rd round picks or frees them up to move back from #12-#17 to again gain draft capital. Remember how the GM from Cleveland set them up for 3 years of exceptional draft Capital. I think JD can do this as well. He does need to turn thos picks into quality starting players however. Something Cleveland failed at

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, JetsLife said:

- "Scoring a sh*t ton of points": precisely, by far the name of the game today. Joe D must utilize all that draft capital towards a 30+ ppg offense - the going rate to compete with KC.

- Adams is way more than a box safety - just because Jets had him attacking the LOS a lot doesn't mean he wasn't an all-around great safety. 

- The Seattle GM may end up looking like a fool - his track record predicts the opposite. He's built one of the best programs in the NFL almost 10 years running. I think he and Douglas both may have done well here.

These are the kind of deals that make or break a teams. Look at the Hershal Walker trade. That trade made Dallas great. I'm not saying this deal is anywhere close to that deal but it's  a huge deal none the less. I said this in another thread. Seattle  has put a lot of chips into the middle of the table and the prize is a player that is not strapping the team on his back and pulling you there. Adams is a great player but let's  be real. No S ever made or broke a team, not Reed, not Lott, not Atwater and Adams hasn't  shown yet to be as good as those 3 yet. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I think this is way overstating things. I understand you loved Adams but back away from the ledge. This team is not devoid of talent. Crowder is possibly the best slot in the league. Bell is a proven star and he was running behind probably the worst OL ever assembled last season and now has legit OL blocking for him, Sam imo is a future star. There is still a good amount of talent on D. The team has a chance to challenge for a playoff spot and the AFCE has no clear cut winner anymore. There are questions about every team. 

Things are not that bleak

Bell is finished.  He’s too slow right now to be a quality player.  

This team had two players last year that anyone worried about. - Adams and Anderson - both are gone.

I don’t understand how this fan base can be happy with continuing to field garbage teams with garbage coaching.  

And yes, maybe I am overstating things but I’m frustrated.  I wish I could have even a bit of hope - but right now the Jets will be fighting for the floor of the AFC East with the Dolphins. Another 5-6 win, listless year to come.