Jets "Fleeced" Seattle? Perhaps Both Sides Did Well

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Glad to see you're finally coming around on Douglas!  Been here for months waiting for you.

I think the Vast majority are very happy with Joe D.  There is only one poster on here that I know of that has hated him for no reason and bashes every move he had made ? 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, predator_05 said:

What if Wilson gets injured...that's a top 5 pick.

giphy.gif

Or opts out!

https://www.sportscasting.com/russel-wilson-refusing-to-play-2020-season-if-nfl-doesnt-do-this/

Russell Wilson Refusing to Play 2020 Season If NFL Doesn't Do This

The 2020 NFL season is quickly approaching, which has brought forth more concerns over the coronavirus. The league has yet to put forth a clear, coherent plan for how they will approach going about handling the campaign. That has led to many players airing out their concerns on social media, with Seattle Seahawks star quarterback Russell Wilson making his intentions clear with where he stands.

Throughout the last several months, the NFL has been the one sports league that has remained confident with their hope that they can play the 2020 regular season as played.

When the coronavirus initially hit the United States earlier this year, the NFL centered their optimism off the notion that there was plenty of time for the entire situation to sort itself out in a more transparent fashion. However, it’s a concerning matter that has continued to a pressing issue as the virus’s expected second wave has hit harder than anticipated.

That has created much doubt from NFL players as the 2020 season inches closer with training camps across the league beginning to start up this coming week. The league sent a memo to all the franchise on Saturday that rookies will report on July 21, quarterbacks and injured players on July 23, and all other players will come on July 28.

It has led to many players to air their concerns with Russell Wilson being among the group to make their voices heard.

Russell Wilson lays out what will force him to sit out 2020 season

I am concerned. My wife is pregnant. @NFL Training camp is about to start.. And there’s still No Clear Plan on Player Health & Family Safety.

We want to play football but we also want to protect our loved ones. #WeWantToPlay

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jago said:

not to nitpick as i do like the deal and not having read all of the thousands of reviews here, but note these draft picks are all delayed a year and clearly lower on the value scale than a trade exercised before the most recent draft. made it palatable to SEA.
havent seen this considered in win/loss opinions but still happy.

Meanwhile all we got for Abe who was a much more valuable player was one first round pick near the end of the first round

JD pulled the robbery

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Because draft picks are such a lock to be good emoji849.pngemoji849.pngemoji849.pngemoji849.pngemoji849.pngemoji849.pngemoji849.pngemoji849.pngemoji849.pngemoji849.pngemoji849.pngemoji849.pngemoji849.pngemoji849.pngemoji849.pngemoji849.pngemoji849.pngemoji1.png

They're literally the only way to build a team.  But sure, picks are totally dumb, and we should trade them all away.

Know what's been proven to be a bad way to build a team?  Paying the Box Safety 10 % of your cap.  Ask the Redskins how that's gone.

• Upvote 4

Meanwhile all we got for Abe who was a much more valuable player was one first round pick near the end of the first round

JD pulled the robbery

yeah i hear you im not knocking the trade just pointing out that being post-2020 draft it brought the value equation close enough for SEA to deal. they get a year to kick the can down the road.

28 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Almost.  That virus lingers Slats, bad news 

Sorry to hear, hope you’re feeling full strength soon, then. In the meantime, good to see you internet feisty. :) 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Dcat said:

Seattle will regret their awful decision.

Check out Seahawk fan boards right now.  Majority are extrememly unhappy.

Hmmmmmmm it seems that most Seahawks are happy to get Adams but what I'm really happy about are there many many many comments like this.....

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

Hmmmmmmm it seems that most Seahawks are happy to get Adams but what I'm really happy about are there many many many comments like this.....

Not sure why the Seahawks made this trade.  I guess they think Adams can be Kam Chancellor 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Sam might not even be here in year 4 if he doesn't do more this year. sh*t just got real for him. 

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Sam Daronld's wining percentage is 7-1 when Darnold has received AVERAGE OL according PFF, with QB rating of 107..

With the one loss coming against Green Bay in a game I thought the refs cheated us in and which Darnold played lights out..

IMO Darnold is hardly the problem with the Jets.

• Sympathy 2

42 minutes ago, slats said:

Sorry to hear, hope you’re feeling full strength soon, then. In the meantime, good to see you internet feisty. :) 

Lol, I’m trying hard not to be the prick I know I was at times. ?
Thanks though, close to normal 

8 hours ago, Jetster said:

Scoring a sh*t ton of points or a box safety making a few stuffs in the backfield? 
How many times did we stuff the run for a 2 yard loss vs Brady, only to have him convert a 2nd & 12 to Gronk for 13 yards & a 1st down. 
I can’t even believe the haul we got for safety that is average at best in coverage. 
We have a mother load of draft picks to surround Sam with playas. 
History will show that there is a fool born every day (Seattle GM). How long has every been watching the NFL? 
When I turn on an NFL game I can’t wait to comment on the safety play. Adams can’t hold Ed Reeds jock strap! 
Just imagine if Bill Belichick made this trade. We as Jet fans would be like, OMG, Seattle just set them up for another 10 years of winning. What is Seattle without Russell Wilson? Look at the TEs in the AFC East last year & look at Kittle. Jamal gets to test himself against the best TE in the league...twice. He didn’t do well against Gronk at the END OF HIS CAREER. 
Pass me the popcorn. 

Yep.  Especially if JD turns one of those picks into a top edge rusher.  The fact that they got a marginal safety in trade along with the draft picks shows that JD is not reckless.  I liked Adams, but I can tell you much of his "success' came courtesy of Greg Williams putting Adams in position to make those plays. 

The value for the Jets is demonstrable.  With four first round draft picks in the next two years, there is almost a certainty that the Jets will wind up with at least one elite player at a position of value.  If JD drafts well, it cold be two, perhaps three.

All of this AND he also got an insurance policy for the safety position for the coming season. 

Impressive.  Most impressive...

8 hours ago, Jetster said:

Scoring a sh*t ton of points or a box safety making a few stuffs in the backfield? 
How many times did we stuff the run for a 2 yard loss vs Brady, only to have him convert a 2nd & 12 to Gronk for 13 yards & a 1st down. 
I can’t even believe the haul we got for safety that is average at best in coverage. 
We have a mother load of draft picks to surround Sam with playas. 
History will show that there is a fool born every day (Seattle GM). How long has every been watching the NFL? 
When I turn on an NFL game I can’t wait to comment on the safety play. Adams can’t hold Ed Reeds jock strap! 
Just imagine if Bill Belichick made this trade. We as Jet fans would be like, OMG, Seattle just set them up for another 10 years of winning. What is Seattle without Russell Wilson? Look at the TEs in the AFC East last year & look at Kittle. Jamal gets to test himself against the best TE in the league...twice. He didn’t do well against Gronk at the END OF HIS CAREER. 
Pass me the popcorn. 

A late first rounder is not Gona be better then jamal

15 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Sam Daronld's wining percentage is 7-1 when Darnold has received AVERAGE OL according PFF, with QB rating of 107..

With the one loss coming against Green Bay in a game I thought the refs cheated us in and which Darnold played lights out..

IMO Darnold is hardly the problem with the Jets.

HIGHWAY ROBBERY by the refs in that game! If ever the NFL felt fixed to the old guard teams vs the dregs (Jets playing the part of the Washington Generals to the Packers Globetrotters) you sensed it in that game. 

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

A late first rounder is not Gona be better then jamal

We don't need him to be Jamal, he could be a speedy WR streaking down the sideline on a perfect pass from Darnold with the announcer saying, you can't stop this offense, you can only try to contain it. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Yep.  Especially if JD turns one of those picks into a top edge rusher.  The fact that they got a marginal safety in trade along with the draft picks shows that JD is not reckless.  I liked Adams, but I can tell you much of his "success' came courtesy of Greg Williams putting Adams in position to make those plays. 

The value for the Jets is demonstrable.  With four first round draft picks in the next two years, there is almost a certainty that the Jets will wind up with at least one elite player at a position of value.  If JD drafts well, it cold be two, perhaps three.

All of this AND he also got an insurance policy for the safety position for the coming season. 

Impressive.  Most impressive...

I'm more shocked about the respect Seahawk fans are giving McDougald. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Can this officially be the end of using that term to describe Jamal Adams?

You got my vote.  I think it's an overused buzzword to begin with.  

Besides that, Derwin James is at minimum in the same ball park Adams is as a player, and they are about a 10 months apart in age, so he's certainly not a generational talent.

• Upvote 2

I liked Jamal quite a bit and hold no will towards him wanting out. Unlike most fans, I'm completely cognizant of the fact that this is a business, and everyone does what they feel is best for themselves. So I don't take any of this personal.

That being said, calling Jamal a generational talent is quite a Dhalsim-like stretch

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

It’s ok, you’ll get over your heartbreak.  First loves hurt the most.  

Almost as blind as the man crush for a gm who hasn’t produced a thing for the jets yet besides screwing up the kicker last year and making some awful moves on the o line 

• Thumb Down 1

42 minutes ago, King P said:

I liked Jamal quite a bit and hold no will towards him wanting out. Unlike most fans, I'm completely cognizant of the fact that this is a business, and everyone does what they feel is best for themselves. So I don't take any of this personal.

That being said, calling Jamal a generational talent is quite a Dhalsim-like stretch

Not embarrassed that I needed to google Dhalsim. 

• Haha 2