The FS and SS spots: Make your predictions for 2020 and '21

Safety Positions in 2020 and 2021  

28 members have voted

1. 1. After yesterday's trade, what will be the Jets' PRIMARY FS/SS duo in 2020?

• FS - Ashtyn Davis; SS - Bradley McDougald
    • FS - Bradley McDougald; SS - Marcus Maye
    • FS - Ashtyn Davis; SS - Marcus Maye
    • FS - Marcus Maye; SS - Bradley McDougald
    • Other (specify in thread)
  2. 2. Which Safety will perform better in 2020?

3. 3. Both Maye and McDougald are scheduled to be free agents after 2020. Who returns in 2021?

4. 4. What will be the Jets' PRIMARY Safety Duo in 2021?

• FS - Ashtyn Davis; SS - Bradley McDougald
    • FS - Ashtyn Davis; SS - Marcus Maye
    • FS - Ashtyn Davis; SS - Not yet on roster
    • FS - Bradley McDougald; SS - Marcus Maye
    • FS - Marcus Maye; SS - Bradley McDougald
    • FS - Not yet on roster; SS - Not yet on roster
  5. 5. Who will have more PASS DEFLECTIONS in 2020 (Adams had 7 in 2019; McDougald had 6)?

6. 6. How many games will the Jets LOSE in 2020 by downgrading from Adams to McDougald?

• 3+ Losses
    • 2 Losses
    • 1 Loss
    • 0 Losses
    • We will win 1 more game without Adams
    • We will win 2+ games without Adams

Make your predictions on how the Jets will look at Safety in 2020 and 2021 here, with these 6 poll questions:

1) After yesterday's trade, what will be the Jets' PRIMARY FS/SS duo in 2020?

2) Which Safety will perform better in 2020 (McDougald or Maye)?

3) Both Maye and McDougald are scheduled to be free agents after 2020.  Who returns in 2021?

4) What will be the Jets' PRIMARY Safety Duo in 2021?

5) Who will have more PASS DEFLECTIONS in 2020 (Adams or McDougald)?

6) How many games will the Jets LOSE in 2020 by downgrading from Adams to McDougald?

Credit to @CTM for the idea for Question 6.  

1. I had French toast and bacon for breakfast this morning.

2. Normally, I'll just have cereal. 

3. I enjoyed the change, but I won't eat something that heavy very often in the morning.

4. While I was eating, 80 started about 5 more Adams threads, bringing his total to about 20 in under 24 hours.

5. I'm going out to play golf now, expect to see at least another 5 when I get back....

I could absolutely see a scenario where Douglas goes all in on comp picks and let's both Maye and McDougald walk in free agency, along with a lot of the guys he gave 1-year deals or have their current contracts ending. 

Maye needs to have a big year to prove worthy of an extension.  I think we're all going to love McDougald but he also turns 30 in November, while Maye is 27.  

Ultimately I think McDougald comes back and Maye walks (that's where I placed my vote, at least), but I could easily see it going the opposite direction.  It's going to be interesting.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I could absolutely see a scenario where Douglas goes all in on comp picks and let's both Maye and McDougald walk in free agency, along with a lot of the guys he gave 1-year deals or have their current contracts ending. 

Maye needs to have a big year to prove worthy of an extension.  I think we're all going to love McDougald but he also turns 30 in November, while Maye is 27.  

Ultimately I think McDougald comes back and Maye walks (that's where I placed my vote, at least), but I could easily see it going the opposite direction.  It's going to be interesting.

JD will be able to resign Maye on the cheap

2 hours ago, MindOverMatter said:

Good thread. I love the the trade all around. For the obvious football aspect but also for all the salty posters on the forum with their passive aggressive posting. Jamal will probably have a better year but McDougald will split time with Maye and Davis.

Adams will give up a key td to George Kittle in the 4th qtr and he will be the infamous Bust for the Seahawks since Brian Bosworth

• Upvote 1