What do you think the Jets plans for Adams were before he went scorched earth?

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, but I was moreso taking a shot at Macc with that.  Macc was dumber than many/most JN posters. 

A coalition of JN draftniks would have this franchise in great shape right now if they were making the picks from 2008-2019.

This would be my "starting 5":

@Paradis @RobR @#27TheDominator @HessStation @JiF

Obv post is obv 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Paradis said:

lol, yea but put us all in a room together and get us to agree on who to draft and you'll return to find--

584d1ec3ae89528aa9eb1c55530081fe.jpg

I don't think so because normally when we all come into agreement that prospect is a sure fire bet. I don't remember one of us (and 80 is leaving out a lot more posters) wanting to draft Calvin Pryor or Hackenberg......not one. 

When it comes to a tiebreaker you just have to learn to go with my guy.

• Sympathy 1

I think it was 50/50. They liked the energy and the talent, but as was evident too many of us, it was obvious that Adams gave off a certain bad vibe. 

I think you could see cracks in the foundation in his language and behavior in his post-game interviews

Honestly I picked up on it right away and I never personally liked the guy. 

I think they wanted to see if he could tow the company line and actually be a leader but he's just not that guy.

I've been saying this for two years Jamal Adams is OBJ, Antonio Brown, Terrell Owens, Percy Harvin, Santonio Holmes. He's a crazy ex-girlfriend type.

The Jets made the right move-

Oh yeah and in defense of Adam Gase, now you know why he keeps his distance from certain players. Just like the Crazy Ex-Girlfriend type that many of us have experienced lol. If you catch feelings you're blinded to what's actually going on and you don't see when it's time to cut bait.

• Sympathy 1

I definitely think there was a reluctance from the Johnsons to invest a lot of money upfront in Adams this early in his contract, particularly with COVID cash flow issues.  I think they were going to play it year by year and maybe even try to franchise him.  This was going to end ugly.

The Jets should just load up on draft picks.  Easier to manage the contracts.           

On 7/26/2020 at 6:52 PM, Beerfish said:

Even that game the biggest play of the game was actually made by Quinnen williams, jamal just cleaned up and pranced around and of course the camera jumped on him and the commentators gave him the credit.

Funny some other post claimed he made the 4th down stop coming in clean.  Now it's QW.  Its the point of attack, there should be more than one body there but JA made the tackle.

He made the 4th down tackle and broke up the game tying 2 pt conversation attempt.

I think they would've liked to've held onto him if they could've done so in the $14M/year range. I think they were willing to trade him at the deadline last year, and became committed to it after his post-deadline antics. The public comments about making him a, "Jet for life," were a ploy. They knew they had contractual control over him for the next 3-4 years. Anyone who wanted him would have to come to them, and they needed to make it clear that they were willing to hold onto him. When JD said they had a plan in place for bringing him into camp, though, I believe him. Just like I believe he never promised JA anything. 

Really like the quiet way Joe Douglas handled this, too. I'm sure he handled a lot of inquiries, but next to nothing leaked. He was also very smart to not allow Adams' team to try to negotiate a deal. Jamal would've only pursued the 'Boys, and likely would've tried to refuse the trade Joe D made with Seattle. And the whole thing would've been chronicled on Twitter. Really a masterful job all around. 

On 7/26/2020 at 6:04 PM, RogerVick1980 said:

Do you think they were gonna extend  him they just wanted to wait till next year to do it? 

Do you think they had no intentions of giving him franchise Qb money because he’s a safety and knew all along they’d eventually have to  trade him but it got accelerated because of Adams antics?

we really never heard Douglas’ side of this.

According  to Jamal Douglas told  him he’d get paid then went completely silent on him throughout this thing which who knows if it’s true but is weird to me if it was.

You would think you’d have a dialogue with your best player who wants to get paid especially when Jamal took it to social media.

I think Jamal was scorched earth when he came out the womb.

On 7/26/2020 at 6:22 PM, GreekJet said:

I think Douglas wanted to negotiate with him, but ownership had no interest. There are reports the Jets were cash strapped this offseason (Manish) and given the lost revenue this season it’s a tough sell paying Adams before you have to. 

has it ever been confirmed they are cash strapped?  i hear this all the time - yet i see the team's operating income pretty good the last bunch of yearsl.