Costello on The Jamal Fiasco

7 minutes ago, Grandy said:

https://nypost.com/2020/07/26/jamal-adams-trade-takeaways-jets-teammates-wont-be-too-upset/

mn1lkzoss9d51.jpg?width=498&auto=webp&s=bb0ff837ad09832ab33542946363ddc906f064a1

Jamal was a manipulative fraud that wanted out the whole time and just needed an excuse to do so. It came out that JD and his agent have been working for weeks on a deal, but Jamal did that Manish piece anyway to attempt to spin favor to himself. He's the definition of a diva, and I'm glad we were able to be done with all of this.

Important lesson: Being loud doesn't make you a leader.

Couldn’t stand him from Day 1.  Running his game might have fooled people in other places but not NY.

But whether a guy has a lame act or not you just don’t draft Safety’s and DT’s around the Top 5....and that’s about all we got from Stumblebum Maccagnan.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

bored cat GIF

I'm not here to stroke my ego....buttttttttt

Told ya.

JetNation had the scoop almost a year ago.  Shouts out @maury77 for always believing me and spreading the good word lmao.

5 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

You, @Jetsfan80, and @T0mShane have been saying all of this for a while now. Nicely done.

4 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

The only way to have seen this coming was to have paid any attention at all.

3 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

rocket power nicksplat GIF

high five world baseball classic GIF by MLB

• Haha 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

@Trolly McTrollface  @kevinc855 @Pac  @Jethead @NYJ1 @Dunnie @Jet Nut  @heymangold

Just a few members of the Jamal crew that were on the wrong side of history on this one.  Sorry, fellas.   

Yeah, thats what you've been the right side of history

Youre still talking about him and amazingly still wrong about his talent etc.

It kills you that I recognize 

A.  His talent

B  That he was a dickhead who had to go.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Trolly McTrollface  @kevinc855 @Pac  @Jethead @NYJ1 @Dunnie @Jet Nut  @heymangold  @Defense Wins Championships  @GreekJet  @FidelioJet

Just a few members of the Jamal crew that were on the wrong side of history on this one.  Sorry, fellas.   

It's kind of disappointing there were never any clever group names devised for this particular go around, but it sure was entertaining regardless.

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

It's kind of disappointing there were never any clever group names devised for this particular go around, but it sure was entertaining regardless.

Wasn't it JamalStans or something like that?  

All the Prez's Men sounds good too, retroactively.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Adams was pretty clearly never seen as a true leader within the locker room.  Flashiness on the field or in the media in absolutely no way correlates to relationships among the players.

It's been well stated by pretty much everyone associated with the team these past few years that McLendon has been that guy for the Jets' locker room, and those two are about as polar opposites as you could ever possibly get.

While players certainly weren't publicly trashing Adams over the course of the months of this mess, the silence was certainly deafening all offseason.

Was pretty damn clear on the field as well.

There was a couple of times during the 2nd half of last year where Adams would make a play, and literally the only dude on defense who came up to congratulate him and looked genuinely psyched was Arthur Maulet. 

No one else seemed to really give a sh*t.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

A few were thrown out there, but not sure any ever stuck.  I think that one could've been a winner though.

I'm sure I heard it somewhere over the last few months, but I can't remember where.  It popped into my head as I was writing the post.  

i literally could care less about adams now.  good riddance.  whether you think woody is a total clown (i do), whether you think chris is dreadful (i do) and think gase is not good (i do)...what he has been doing is cancerous to a football team.  16-32 with you.  we'll be better without you. book it.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Trolly McTrollface  @kevinc855 @Pac  @Jethead @NYJ1 @Dunnie @Jet Nut  @heymangold  @Defense Wins Championships  @GreekJet  @FidelioJet

Trolly on the wrong side of history?! Oh the humanity!

• Haha 3

It’s pretty clear his teammates are happy to see him go judging by what Bell said.  They feel betrayed because he said he was a “leader” then backtracked and started acting like a spoiled idiot.  Also posting videos of the Dallas players instead of his own teammates I’m sure pissed them off and rightfully so