Costello on The Jamal Fiasco

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Trolly McTrollface  @kevinc855 @Pac  @Jethead @NYJ1 @Dunnie @Jet Nut  @heymangold  @Defense Wins Championships  @GreekJet  @FidelioJet

Just a few members of the Jamal crew that were on the wrong side of history on this one.  Sorry, fellas.   

You remind me of someone who despite being wrong about almost everything, claims he's right and admonishes the so called no nothings. 

No need to carry on..  you've failed bro..  it's ok.

23 minutes ago, Pac said:

You remind me of someone who despite being wrong about almost everything, claims he's right and admonishes the so called no nothings. 

This is a complete submission. 

• Upvote 2

Just such a disappointment. For all he did on the field, I feel like the league was sold a different kid when he came out of LSU. I remember Riddick saying he had him top of his board based on intangibles - that he was a second generation player that understood the sport. 

I'm glad we got an elegant exit but bummed overall by the experience.

• Upvote 2

the guy was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO annoying.  I've been saying that for 2+ years.  He wasn't a NYer.  He belongs in some far away land. He wants to be a big fish in a little pond so we can talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk....and then talk some more and then talk some more.

and then talk again.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Grandy said:

https://nypost.com/2020/07/26/jamal-adams-trade-takeaways-jets-teammates-wont-be-too-upset/

mn1lkzoss9d51.jpg?width=498&auto=webp&s=bb0ff837ad09832ab33542946363ddc906f064a1

Jamal was a manipulative fraud that wanted out the whole time and just needed an excuse to do so. It came out that JD and his agent have been working for weeks on a deal, but Jamal did that Manish piece anyway to attempt to spin favor to himself. He's the definition of a diva, and I'm glad we were able to be done with all of this.

Important lesson: Being loud doesn't make you a leader.

so shocking that this totally not obvious stuff is coming out now omhmygahd

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Been saying he was p*ssed he wasn't traded to Dallas at the deadline. Got chewed out for that one ?

We were called "conspiracy theorists" for that one.

Then a few months later he was yelling in a Texas parking lot about how he was "trying" to force his way to Dallas.

Woah, who saw that coming???

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Pac said:

I already demonstrated your wrongness in another thread with your own quotes from January.  No response to that, eh?

Still waiting for that Jet extension and all the "tears" our ilk were going to shed.  

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I already demonstrated your wrongness in another thread with your own quotes from January.  No response to that, eh?

Still waiting for that Jet extension and all the "tears" our ilk were going to shed.  

That was silly..  I've been saying for months extension or kings ransom.  JD rightfully wanted extension but when the kings ransom came he had to listen. 

You and the morons doing victory laps kept trying to tell us that Jamals worth was a 2nd rounder.  You guys couldn't have been more wrong..  but yet here you are..  Trying to deflect and hi-five each other.  It's transparent, gross, and kind of pathetic.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Pac said:

That was silly..  I've been saying for months extension or kings ransom.  JD rightfully wanted extension but when the kings ransom came he had to listen. 

You and the morons doing victory laps kept trying to tell us that Jamals worth was a 2nd rounder.  You guys couldn't have been more wrong..  but yet here you are..  Trying to deflect and hi-five each other.  It's transparent, gross, and kind of pathetic.

Transparent, gross and kind of pathetic.

Title of your sex tape.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Pac said:

You tried to play both sides of the aisle, so you wouldn't be wrong either way. 

Extension or big trade isn't a prediction.  You had to pick one or the other.  You predicted extension and tears, because deep down even YOU didn't think Douglas would get a package of picks he'd like, and thus would sign him instead. You were wrong.  

If it had been your call/wish, Mike Maccagnan would still be here and would have handed Adams $100M+ with $45M+ guaranteed.

Now sit there in your wrongness.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

Just such a disappointment. For all he did on the field, I feel like the league was sold a different kid when he came out of LSU. I remember Riddick saying he had him top of his board based on intangibles - that he was a second generation player that understood the sport. 

I'm glad we got an elegant exit but bummed overall by the experience.

It bothers me still all these draft experts go crazy about guys being "best player in the draft" at nonpremium positions. There's no cost to them to write that, but it's nonsense. Adams, even being a turd of a human being, is a very good safety. Same thing with the #92 Williams brothers. But unless that guy is off the charts, Troy Polamalu or Ed Reed or Hali Ngata or Kris Jenkins-can't miss beast, 24/7 no stop 24/7 football animal-you cannot pick a guy at those positions. As an aside, see the same kind of braindead thinking that led to the Q pick (oh, he's going to actually deign to work out this offseason, that's big of the fat ass). And Adams is not and is never going to be that. On draft day '17 I was all over Watson; good kid, winner everywhere he's been , talented, smart, face of the franchise. And I still think that's the case. But how can an NFL GM miss on Mahomes? The history of the draft is littered with scared GMs taking the safe "best player in the draft" or on some board rather than going for a serious star. 

A safety...WTF. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Pac said:

Damn  pac just dunked on T0m Jr

15 minutes ago, CTM said:

Damn  pac just dunked on T0m Jr

Silly CTM.  Pac dunks on nobody.

On 1/3/2020 at 6:30 PM, Pac said:

not reading this 6 pages of recycled filth but I'm sure there are people who swear Adams value is a 1st and 3rd MAX.

meanwhile Joe D said it was a first and two 2's before he went out and played like a man possessed the next month.

and you wonder why I can't wait until the extension thread.  the tears will rain down like a warm bath on a cold February night. 

it's going to be legit awesome.

Any notion of him being a leader went out the window at the trade deadline.  Posted this poll at the time and was honestly surprised to see how many people saw through him.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

the guy was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO annoying.  I've been saying that for 2+ years.  He wasn't a NYer.  He belongs in some far away land. He wants to be a big fish in a little pond so we can talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk....and then talk some more and then talk some more.

and then talk again.

I was embarrassed that he was going to be considered a “leader” and national spokesperson for our team for years to come. So damn glad he is gone. Shocked and pleased at the haul that came back our way.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

The victory lap some posters seem to be taking seems a bit misguided in my opinion.

Adams fetched two first round picks, a solid veteran starter at SS, and the equivalent of a sixth round pick (Jets trade up from fourth to third).  This is quite a significant haul which is representative of a top player in the league.  This is much higher compensation than many on the the anti-Jamal side were expecting.

I didn't see many people on the pro-Jamal side highlighting his leadership skills.  I think it goes without saying that this guy is not a good leader in the locker room.  He has always been a vocal player with a me-first attitude since his days at LSU.  He is a great, game changing talent entering his prime, and the trade compensation reflected it.  Nothing more, nothing less.