jets are never in win now mode

kmnj

2 hours ago, kmnj said:

The Jets trading Adams is another example of this. It does not matter if you liked the trade or did not like the trade. The one thing that is true is the Jets will be less talented this year than last year on defense which was the strength of the team. Every single year the Jets are in rebuilding mode and want fans to pay for a garbage experience with hopes for the future.  I have been "patient"  since the early 70s as a kid. The only true time i had hope was when Parcells came here as I knew at the very least he would try to win now.  Imagine any other product you pay for or service you pay for providing such a low return on investment. The newer fans buy into the nonsense that we are building for the future but the fans that have been with the team for a decade or two know what the result will be. This team has one legit player (bell ) who was not used properly last year.

the only real answer to how the jets get better is a change in ownership-it all starts from the top and always has. Until then, keep paying thousands of dollars a year with hopes of a brighter future that never materializes. 

Not only is our defense stronger than last years with Moseley and Williamson coming back, better depth at CB, Owanosur as a rover, additional year of experience for the young guys, etc...but you could make a strong argument that we are equal to slightly upgraded from 2019 at the safety position itself

McDougald, Davis, Poole, Mathias Farley is probably as good of a group as

Adams, Poole,Farley and Miles

Our offense is also massively upgraded from last year.

We are not in a win now mode, but we actually could WIN now.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

We have no idea what Mosley will be when he’s back. Typically you don’t get nearly the player you had after an injury like that.  If he does play at his previous level, he’s fantastic and probably more impactful than Adams. But that’s a major question mark at this point and can’t be counted on. 

I love the Mims pick and the Zuniga pick. But again, every other team had draft picks too. 

Injury like what? A groin? You’re acting like he tore his ACL or Achilles ?

You choose to be pessimistic and that’s fine but don’t rain on the parade of those who choose to have a lil hope.....Especially before any games are played geez ?

This team may or may not win double digit games.....either way they will be competitive and worth watching....and we continue to build from there.....like I said patience was always gonna be needed with Joe D coming in whether you approve of it or not!

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Not only is our defense stronger than last years with Moseley and Williamson coming back, better depth at CB, Owanosur as a rover, additional year of experience for the young guys, etc...but you could make a strong argument that we are equal to slightly upgraded from 2019 at the safety position itself

McDougald, Davis, Poole, Mathias Farley is probably as good of a group as

Adams, Poole,Farley and Miles

Our offense is also massively upgraded from last year.

We are not in a win now mode, but we actually could WIN now.

Mcdougald can ball 

and if Davis is the ballhawk he’s labeled to be coming out of college we’ll forget about Jamal by November 

19 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes. Who was better? 
you wanna say Sam? I can give you that on potential (btw, I’m a huge Sam supporter and believe he has top 5 QB potential) but who else?

if you’re gonna say Bell, then let’s not even bother. 

Ummmm actually I was gonna say Kelechi.

But in all seriousness Crowder is better than Robby and it's not close...

If your only factor is straight line speed sure you think Robby is better.... if you want someone who actually plays their position on a football field well consistently it's Crowder. 

One thing we can agree on is that I evaluate Crowder as a solid pro in the slot position. If that is the top level of offensive quality on your roster your team is bad and you're in trouble. I don't sit here an pretend the Jets are a good team in their current state.

I do however like JDs approach so far and think it is the right long term approach as opposed to paying  a couple high priced FAs like Conklin and Clowney to band aid a broken franchise today while giving us no long term benefits for tomorrow. Throw short term contracts at hungry players see who steps up and reward them with longer term team friendly contracts. Don't go after the highest paid mercenary at every position.

All we Jets fans know is pain why not take a little more to try to make sure we change course properly with JD at the helm. If he fails he fails .... If the world burns the world burns.

7 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Agree there is good reason to be positive with JD on the job, but this is not going to be the Jets year this year.  It will be the Jets decade starting 2021 once Gase is gone and we get Greg Roman.

Not saying the Jets will win the div every year with BB still coaching in NE, but the Jets are going to be competitive for a while to come...

Adam Gase proved he is a very good NFL head coach last season.  Look for him to get an extension soon.

Dowell Loggains is going into his 7th season as an NFL offensive coordinator and I don't have high hopes for his return.  I'd love to see a thread asking for potential OC's next season as I think we may need one.

SAR I

Jamal Adams is maybe a +1/2 in the win column type presence for a team like the NY Jets.  They were never getting over the proverbial hump because Adams, idk, suddenly started creating a few more turnovers.  He was always a luxury piece for this team and while a significant impact in the game, he's ultimately not a player who is going to significantly impact the win and loss column. 

The only player on the roster that truly matters from a win/loss perspective on the roster is Sam Darnold.  Yes, the guys in front of him and around him will have an impact on his performance as we saw last year but at the end of the day, Sam Darnold taking it to the next level strongly negates the absence of Jamal Adams. Strongly negates his presence. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Adam Gase proved he is a very good NFL head coach last season.  Look for him to get an extension soon.

Dowell Loggains is going into his 7th season as an NFL offensive coordinator and I don't have high hopes for his return.  I'd love to see a thread asking for potential OC's next season as I think we may need one.

SAR I

What is your association or relationship to/with Gase ??? 

1 minute ago, THE BARON said:

What is your association or relationship to/with Gase ??? 

Watching 40 years of horrible Jets head coaches, nothing more.

Gase is not an offensive coordinator.  He's the best head coach we've had since Bill Parcells, mark my words.

SAR I

8 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Ummmm actually I was gonna say Kelechi.

But in all seriousness Crowder is better than Robby and it's not close...

If your only factor is straight line speed sure you think Robby is better.... if you want someone who actually plays their position on a football field well consistently it's Crowder. 

One thing we can agree on is that I evaluate Crowder as a solid pro in the slot position. If that is the top level of offensive quality on your roster your team is bad and you're in trouble. I don't sit here an pretend the Jets are a good team in their current state.

I do however like JDs approach so far and think it is the right long term approach as opposed to paying  a couple high priced FAs like Conklin and Clowney to band aid a broken franchise today while giving us no long term benefits for tomorrow. Throw short term contracts at hungry players see who steps up and reward them with longer term team friendly contracts. Don't go after the highest paid mercenary at every position.

All we Jets fans know is pain why not take a little more to try to make sure we change course properly with JD at the helm. If he fails he fails .... If the world burns the world burns.

Quite a reasonable post. While I don’t agree with everything you’re saying there’s at least logic behind. 
I understand what JD is doing and it’s basically dismantling what we had, if that’s the approach he’s taking. So be it.   I do agree with it but I can be onboard with it.

but  we’re not better, and our fans should acknowledge that. This team is now less talented than they were last year. A

all JD has proven is he can sign Jags, dump talent and be patient. Those aren’t bad things, just not the hard part of the job. Now, he may very well be able to build a competitive team, but he may not. We just don’t know.  The glorification of the guy is way premature. 

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Watching 40 years of horrible Jets head coaches, nothing more.

Gase is not an offensive coordinator.  He's the best head coach we've had since Bill Parcells, mark my words.

SAR I

Hmm... Strong praise.  We shall see.  The final verdict will be up to him and his performance.  

13 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Quite a reasonable post. While I don’t agree with everything you’re saying there’s at least logic behind. 

I fluctuate between a unsettling troll and a reasonable human being ?.

I think one thing to remember is that Jags don't necessarily always stay Jags just like stars don't always stay stars. (See: King Turd Trumaine Johnson). There seems to be a process in place one that makes some sense. There is more to the puzzle of building a sustainable franchise than "pay great players"

Need a couple Jags to make the jump for sure that's why we see a buckshot approach with a lot of short term deals. May work, may not, it seems more systematic than the last three GM's so people have a boner about it, I don't blame them... . Hope is a drug. .... You don't seem to be taking.

I'll stick to whiskey and malice myself.

You can't ever actually be in win now mode if you never fully commit to a rebuild.

Woody and a large segment of the very stupid Jets fans would rather win 7-8 games every season than suck for 2-3 years while cleaning house and building a young talented roster.

A coach or gm has two .500 seasons and gets fired when they literally just drafted a QB. It's ******* nonsense. It takes talent to win now. Talent the Jets will have trouble getting because of the ownership that listens to the dumb fans and sh*tty media.

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Who’s worse?  We just traded away our only all pro. 
this is a team of JAGs and less, now with not a single play maker on either side of the ball.

I supported signing Jamal to a big contract.

I’m also for rational valuation of assets.

Only Ed Reed or Sean Taylor could arguably be valued at two firsts; and Jamal Adams is not, nor will ever be, on their level. 

It’s just too good of a deal to pass up.

• Upvote 1

The Jets may well be in a win now mode.  We may have had a team changing offseason.  Darnold may take a big leap forward.  We may have drafted a game changing WR and safety?   Bell may revert back to norm.  Herndon may become a big time TE.  

I'm not sure I get all the negativity.  The AFC east is wide open.  

Why does replacing Jags with Jags make them better?

The oline was the biggest problem last year and will remain that way this year.  Except now we also lost out best offensive weapon and best defensive player. 

how can any of you look at this roster and think it’s better.  Honestly, I get you’re a fan and want to see the best and hope - and maybe I see the negative more. But you can’t give up your best player on offense and defense and expect to be better. 

Because no one other than you thinks we’ve changed out jags for jags for a start.  
You constantly repeat this same thing.  

The reason I repeat myself so often is I continue to read the nonsense that somehow this team is much better.

When y’all stop talking about how much better this team and treating JD like a god, I’ll stop repeating myself and pointing out what’s obvious to everyone other than people on this board. 

The only nonsense I keep reading are your whiny posts telling everyone that the roster is worse or you don’t know want a mosely will be as if he blew a knee. 

Did everybody somehow forget about the Macc "competitive rebuild" in 2015?

• David Harris:  Re-signed 31-year old ILB to 3-year, $21.5M extension (March 6)
  • Darrelle Revis:  Signed to 5-year, $70M deal (March 10)
  • Brandon Marshall:  Acquired from Bears for 5th round pick (Mar 10)
  • Buster Skrine:  Signed to 4-year, $25M deal (March 10)
  • Ryan Fitzpatrick:  Acquired from Texans for 6th round pick (March 11)
  • James Carpenter:  Signed to 4-year, $19.1M deal (March 11)
  • Antonio Cromartie:  Signed to 4-year, $32M deal (March 12)
  • Marcus Gilchrist:  Signed to 4-year, $22M deal (March 13)
  • WR DeVier Posey:  Acquired on draft-day trade down (May 1)
  • RB Zac Stacy:  Acquired on draft day for 7th round pick (May 2)
  • Brandon Marshall:  Signed to 3-year, $26M restructured contract (May 30)

hip hop GIF

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

It isn’t. 

If we didn’t lose Sam to mono, a far inferior team would have gone 10-6 last year, made the playoffs, and getting all the hype that the Bills are getting.  

We are a 10-6 team adding Mosely and Williamson to offset Adams, adding a markedly improved OL, adding new K and P, and getting NFL-caliber receivers back on the field in a division where we have the best quarterback.  

Don’t listen to the SOJF weeping.  We’re winning the division. 

SAR I

love the enthusiasm

• Upvote 1