Did Seattle Put The Hammer In Adams Hand?

6 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Here is what I think Seattle is thinking.  Thes next two years they want a Super Bowl obviously.  If things go wrong and they don’t win or have issues with Adams they will look to trade him.  Obviously they will never get close to what they gave up but will get some type of compensation 

Imagine a scenario where the Seahawks put off a contract extension with Adams until next Spring and Russell Wilson does something like tear an ACL in December, unable to play for most of 2021.  I could see Seattle trying to trade Adams and simply recoup one of their 1st rounders or a pair of 2nds.

There's a lot that can go wrong with this situation in Seattle.  An injury to Adams or anything else that derails this coming season (see the Miami Marlins).  And, if you remember the Laremy Tunsil trade from Miami to Houston, it really put the pressure on the Texans to re-sign Tunsil...and boy did they pay!  But how do you let him walk after you just traded a package like this???

2010678879_ScreenShot2020-07-27at12_06_48PM.png.38d0a670880dec2240440fc79e0ecac6.png

AAP of $22M per season. Crazy.  

659879457_ScreenShot2020-07-27at12_04_01PM.png.83bdbeb0a5365d1db6848c5b467897ff.png

26 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

I have lived in upstate ny or northern new england for most of my life.  Its not that different.  

I'm a NY born Florida boy, I surf, fish and golf.  It's not my cup of coffee and I love coffee.  ;-) ;

• Upon further reflection, I think it is a shame that the Jets could not retain their star player for the long-term.  I think the way Adams behaves reflected a lack of respect and trust in the ownership.   I definitely think there was a reluctance if not inability for the Johnsons to put up the guaranteed money required to extend Adams-they would need to put it up in cash, even if it was not paid.  
  • But I can’t say this is a strong view, and it can also be argued that the Jets are better off with the money and the picks.  But if the Johnsons are not ready to sign long-term the good players that JD drafts, they should sell the team now.
  • Seattle is paying a QB big money, and have a good roster.  Trading draft picks for a star player to counter Kittle and help them to the SB this year is worth it.  Next year’s first round pick is Adams.  2022 is a distant bonus.  Macdougald-got rid of his cap space.   They basically bet the 2022 first round draft pick to try and make the SB in 2021 and 2022.  Not a bad bet.  
  • I am not certain that Seattle signs Adams long-term, and if they do I don’t know whether it is for big money.  Adams could end up franchised or signing big short-term contracts for contenders missing a piece.  His career could look like Mathieu’s.  

6 hours ago, JiF said:

Seattle sucks.  Go live their for a year.  You can see Rainier 2 months out of the year.

Place is miserable and completely assbackward. 

Outside of the politics and taxes I loved Seattle. I was there for just over a year. Great music scene, excellent food especially asian and seafood, much nicer people then NY/NJ or SFL and the cleanest major city I’ve been in (when I was there anyway), the weather was fine. Mild summer with cool nights, winter never really got cold and it doesn’t rain as much as people say. The mountains are awesome. 

• Upvote 1