Sports is now on the precipice-Miami Marlins Covid

A few players testing positive won't bring sports to a halt.  But if an entire team has to forfeit games for weeks because of a major outbreak, that could do it.

In the end, players can't live without p****.  If they could, a bubble might work.

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Ok so 10 players out of how many on a roster? Cant they bring up some AAA guys? I dont see this being a doomsday scenario unless the team literally can't field a roster...

I'm sure they have farm teams they can pull players from but this is nearly 50% of their active roster plus 2 coaches.

• Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Ok so 10 players out of how many on a roster? Cant they bring up some AAA guys? I dont see this being a doomsday scenario unless the team literally can't field a roster...

It’s the reason they have the expanded rosters. Sports media panic/jubilation to be expected. They’ll continue to play.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, nico002 said:

It’s actually not that bad.  Baseball normally has 25 man rosters for a reason 

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Does NY not have mirrors? Subways were left open. Compare the mortality rates between states. Enough with this.

I live in a state that isn't stupid and is now one of like, 3 that have it under control.  NY is irrelevant to me.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

I live in a state that isn't stupid and is now one of like, 3 that have it under control.  NY is irrelevant to me.

It isn't under control.  Millions have vacated Manhattan for the summer.  Tens of millions are working from home.  Camps are closed.   When the kids go back to school and families say, screw it, might as well go back to the office, it's all over. September is going to be awful, October takes us back to April, just watch.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1