Jump to content

Sports is now on the precipice-Miami Marlins Covid


Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Does NY not have mirrors? Subways were left open.

Easy to say... But if you shut down the subways you shut down the hospitals.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What in the world is going on over there? Sport all over Europe pretty much went off without a hitch - most soccer leagues have just finished up. Just copy the Germans. Always copy the Germa

no one could have predicted this....

Fitting that Derek Jeter would ruin all of sports and, by extension, America.

Posted Images

9 hours ago, HessStation said:

CT, state w less than 5MM has had as many deaths as FL and is being celebrated as some great Covid victory. It’s weird. 

https://covidtracking.com/data/state/florida Florida  we are being told is now hell on earth. Yet  is this level of death in God's waiting room that big a deal?Fact of life is  people die.  The stats don't break down death by age nor co-morbid and contributing causes of death . But through yesterday 6049 COVID deaths in a place filled with elderly and their various other conditions may not be that big a deal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Easy to say... But if you shut down the subways you shut down the hospitals.

Nobody I know is taking the subway except as a last resort. Have had business require me to go into Manhattan a few times since last week; have figured out parking lots of reasonable price near the places I need to go. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bugg said:

https://covidtracking.com/data/state/florida Florida  we are being told is now hell on earth. Yet  is this level of death in God's waiting room that big a deal?Fact of life is  people die.  The stats don't break down death by age nor co-morbid and contributing causes of death . But through yesterday 6049 COVID deaths in a place filled with elderly and their various other conditions may not be that big a deal. 

I guess the question is where does this thing peak and for how long in FL.  The amount of elderly should be the huge concern. Not 20-30 year old pro athletes in their prime nor kids going back to school. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I guess the question is where does this thing peak and for how long in FL.  The amount of elderly should be the huge concern. Not 20-30 year old pro athletes in their prime nor kids going back to school. 

The Florida curve looks the same as everywhere else that had issues for the most part, the state just never had a “first wave” The timeline/horizontal axis isn’t overly meaningful. As long as people are taking precautions and the susceptible are kept away, the mortality numbers should thankfully remain relatively low. Testing has increased tenfold as people are returning to the office and with schools looking to reopen as well. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, southtown24th said:

 

I can't imagine this place in the 60s-70s-80s.  I am a huge music fan and a huge history of music fan and I love the stories of Ronstadt, Jackson Browne, the Eagles, etc. at the Troubadour, etc.  I can't even imagine!

Watch "Laurel Canyon" on Epix. Remarkable 2 episode documentary.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

With no on one the roads at the time etc, nah. 

I don’t see how the roads are relevant to tens of thousands of support staff that live in the boroughs and rely on trains.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, freestater said:

Crusher mods much the same way Christian Hackenberg quarterbacks.

More like the way that Antonio Cromatie spreads his seed.  Inconsistently but with considerable generosity.

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Do you read ??? His statement is 100 percent correct. Just watch the news man.

The lingering and neural effects are starting to become more concerning than the acute life threatening symptoms that commonly thought of.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app
 

“Watch the news” is not data or scientific evidence. The “news” also tells me that Jamal Adams is a generational athlete. Show me a medical source claiming that 1/3 of the millions of confirmed covid cases are suffering from “long term” effects. 90%+ of confirmed athlete cases have been asymptomatic, when do they develop their long term effects?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bugg said:

Nobody I know is taking the subway except as a last resort. Have had business require me to go into Manhattan a few times since last week; have figured out parking lots of reasonable price near the places I need to go. 

Let them eat cake!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

That’s great that Hertz did that.  It’s also woefully short of the actual need.  Additionally, and perhaps more importantly, I don’t have the data, but “a lot” of adults in the city don’t have drivers licenses.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Let them eat cake!

2 summers ago had some work that was is Soho for about 2 weeks. Place was bustling; filled streets, shopping, restaurants, very nice. Driving in was not an option. Subways were packed but clean. Simply I'll pay a bit to park and not get on the subway right now, and there isn't much traffic. But bigger than that; commerce is nonexistent. I'm mostly in the outer boros. And there you can see lots of commercial districts are dying right now.

But Soho now and 2 summers ago are like night and day. The streets are empty. Loads of roll down gates that are probably never reopening. There is nothing and nobody. I understand the need for caution, but it's gone way too far. This City is being killed. And chaos does not help. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, JiF said:

and to risk it all for the a god awful band like the Chainsmokers?  WTF NY???

Williamsburgh features a drive in movie theater right against the East River. Nobody has a problem with that, nor should they. The governor is a toolbag, not politics, simple fact. This....man...is now babbling how wings and sandwiches are not food, and you cannot order a drink unless you order some "substantial " food. Science behind that is...?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Williamsburgh features a drive in movie theater right against the East River. Nobody has a problem with that, nor should they. The governor is a toolbag, not politics, simple fact. This....man...is now babbling how wings and sandwiches are not food, and you cannot order a drink unless you order some "substantial " food. Science behind that is...?

Wings and beer are a way of life. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

 

If you know anyone who plays hockey at a high school, college, or pro level, you knew this was going to be the case.  Just a different type of athlete.  Blue collar mentality.  Team always the priority.  

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

If you know anyone who plays hockey at a high school, college, or pro level, you knew this was going to be the case.  Just a different type of athlete.  Blue collar mentality.  Team always the priority.  

SAR I

Yep, hockey parents are the most loving, dedicated and passionate people I’ve ever seen. Their kids play hockey and it literally takes over their lives. A groups of parents here literally took over and ran a club hockey league in the high schools. Amazing 

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bugg said:

https://covidtracking.com/data/state/florida Florida  we are being told is now hell on earth. Yet  is this level of death in God's waiting room that big a deal?Fact of life is  people die.  The stats don't break down death by age nor co-morbid and contributing causes of death . But through yesterday 6049 COVID deaths in a place filled with elderly and their various other conditions may not be that big a deal. 

How dare you downplay death? People die, all day everyday. The media is loving this & creating panic. If the media reported every car accident that resulted in death the way they report these Corona cases no one would drive a car because they'd be too scared! 40,000 people die EVERY YEAR in horrific mangled twisted metal. Imagine if every newscast they announced the death, photos of the car, tubes coming out of survivors noses in hospital beds. You'd be a anxious mess everytime you got in your car. 

The media has people believing that staying home & hiding will make this thing go away, it's not going away. It's everywhere, it's going to make its way through the population like every virus before it. Unions like the NEA are disgustingly using this virus to try & defund Police & have a moritorium to close Charter Schools? WTF? More kids will be domestically abused, or malnourished than what this Virus will kill. We have 350 million people here & the media is always chirping about positive tests, well no sh*t we'll have more positive tests, we'll also test millions more people being asymptomatic. 

Rational people are losing their minds. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

yes

Wilpons are Brooklyn Dodgers whihc is pretty bad but Arod is a Yankee, There is nothing worse

The Mets need a modern Bill Veeck with a modern Buzzy Bavasi as GM

Honestly, I don't give a crap if he was a Yankee, a Phillie, or anything else.  The two unforgivable sins for a NY team owner are 1) meddling too much when you are an idiot (see Dolan) and 2) being cheap (see Wilpons).  If the group ARod is aligned with wins the bid, and they are flush with cash and willing to spend, that's a huge step up.  If they hire a good front office and let them do their jobs, then it's a total win.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JiF said:

Omg New Jersey!!!!   How is everyone so stupid!?!?!??

https://www.yahoo.com/news/3-charged-police-n-j-215058804.html

There are morons in every state, the difference here is that the Police spent hours breaking up the party and 3 people were charged.  In Florida, the chances the police would come in to break up a party due to covid fears is slim to none. 


I did find this story a little more interesting as it involved medical residents...... in Florida.....at the University of Florida. 

 

"Seventeen residents and one fellow at University of Florida Health have reportedly tested positive for coronavirus after throwing a house party—a situation their colleagues in the medical field have repeatedly said is one of the most prime for coronavirus spread."

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

There are morons in every state, the difference here is that the Police spent hours breaking up the party and 3 people were charged.  In Florida, the chances the police would come in to break up a party due to covid fears is slim to none. 


I did find this story a little more interesting as it involved medical residents...... in Florida.....at the University of Florida. 

 

"Seventeen residents and one fellow at University of Florida Health have reportedly tested positive for coronavirus after throwing a house party—a situation their colleagues in the medical field have repeatedly said is one of the most prime for coronavirus spread."

 

Hi, welcome to the thread.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Philc1 said:

It’s actually not that bad.  Baseball normally has 25 man rosters for a reason 

And they usually take their best 25 you know.  They’re rosters aren’t determined by who’s upright.  
id say that’s a little different 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...