Sports is now on the precipice-Miami Marlins Covid

6 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I get sarcasm but have no idea what your talking about 

Pretty simple.  Jacksonville is the only city with crime in this country and my wife is over the team that was onboarding all of those people waiting in line that day.

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What in the world is going on over there? Sport all over Europe pretty much went off without a hitch - most soccer leagues have just finished up. Just copy the Germans. Always copy the Germa

no one could have predicted this....

Fitting that Derek Jeter would ruin all of sports and, by extension, America.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, FlightBoyz said:

Don't see how the NFL has a full season without any issues. Just a freaking mess. 

Why is it a mess? Is a positive test considered a non negotiable issue now? We knew players would get it and the seasons were not going to be normal.

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Pretty simple.  Jacksonville is the only city with crime in this country and my wife is over the team that was onboarding all of those people waiting in line that day.

Oh got ya. 
I was just curious as I was told Jax was a crime ridden sh*thole by a few people down here. 
My nephew loves it there so far, likes to surf, beach isn’t far. 
He said that day was crazy, said he was sitting in his truck, got a call from EMS friend who said someone’s been shot, I need help. 
So he jumps out of his truck & he’s running & people were running the other way telling someone’s shooting people. Him & 2 others took turns doing compressions trying to save the kid but to no avail. 
He had to be tested so he got paid leave (had gloves, mask but no shield). 
He’s only been in Jax a short time, transferred from Columbus Ohio. 

14 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

It really bothers me, Crush. I said that if Florida was the Mental Munsters, he would be Marilyn. Apparently, that wasn't enough. I had such a good time with him and his gf when we met down there. Great afternoon. He's a Mets fan, too. This is not fun.

OIP.iE6vWDhK6CS-p-9-YhqvzAHaE8?pid=Api&r

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
11 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Good point on deaths being a lagging indicator.

This virus is just so unforgiving. When a community thinks it’s safe to come out of hiding, boom the numbers flare up. It’s frustrating to see Texas also spiking because I see most people around me doing the right thing. Our younger kids are being careless which isn’t helping. But I see people, not just with face masks, but face shields and gloves as well.

The concerns are in the area of long term disabilities as a result of COVID infection even after a patient "recovers" from the initial infection.  Currently unknown but there are some reasons to believe they are both significant and widespread.

But that's OK, since these effects have not been studied I am sure there are a boatload of people who know for a fact that they do not exist.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, EM31 said:

I do think they are suppressing the numbers for a variety of reasons not least of which were interviews yesterday with a former employee of their department of health who was claiming that she was fired for refusing to doctor the numbers.

That and the fact that they seem to be moving heaven and earth to prevent the numbers form being reported via normal channels.

I am guessing those things never made it onto Fox News

Lol, yea but I’m sure these conspiracy theories your reporting made it to ABC, CBS, MSNBC, CNN, NYT, Washington Post without one shred of evidence to prove what one women said 🤔, uh, total BS, because if she could prove it she’d never have to work again. 
At least in NY you actually had real doctors reporting they weren’t comfortable marking every death as Covid fully understanding the financial aspects to the respective hospital. 

"I'm not going to lie, for me as a fellow player, I go on social media and it makes me very nervous to think there will be a season," Jason McCourty said Sunday night on his "Double Coverage" podcast with his brother, Patriots defensive back Devin McCourty.

"Because I've seen guys posting a video in a nightclub, and it's just like, 'Yo, we're attempting to play football. That's not going to be OK.' You see guys working out in one city on a Monday, working out in another city on a Tuesday, and another city the next week, and it's just like, 'Dang, if they're working out here, here and here, that means you have to be traveling and you come across however many people.' Or you see a guy posting pictures and there's hundreds of [people], whether it's anywhere. So for me, it is nerve-wracking."

"Those are the things that for me, make it nervous to say, 'Are we going to be able to have an entire season?' Because of small things like that that go a long way ... it only takes one person testing positive, you come into the building, and that thing will spread like wildfire," McCourty said.

9 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Oh got ya. 
I was just curious as I was told Jax was a crime ridden sh*thole by a few people down here. 
My nephew loves it there so far, likes to surf, beach isn’t far. 
He said that day was crazy, said he was sitting in his truck, got a call from EMS friend who said someone’s been shot, I need help. 
So he jumps out of his truck & he’s running & people were running the other way telling someone’s shooting people. Him & 2 others took turns doing compressions trying to save the kid but to no avail. 
He had to be tested so he got paid leave (had gloves, mask but no shield). 
He’s only been in Jax a short time, transferred from Columbus Ohio. 

The Northside of Jax is very bad, one of the worst parts of the state.  Lots of murders, yes.  The rest of the city is great.  The beaches are awesome.  Love it here.

That shooting, was an assassination, people think gang related.  Those guys were targeting that man.  It wasnt an open fire on everyone, they shot him and other bullets went stray.  He was the target.  

10 minutes ago, EM31 said:

In other new COVID is actually responsible for zero deaths in the world.  The real cause of death was that people stopped breathing.

Wrong. Chemical reactions in the brain ceased 

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

Wrong. Chemical reactions in the brain ceased 

If that was the determining factor then there are definitely some corpses still playing professional sports.

39 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Florida is catching up.  Treatment protocols got somewhat better but (a) Deaths are a lagging indicator to begin with and (b) there is more than a little reason to think that Florida is suppressing the real numbers.

Plus the botched nursing/senior living center strategy in NY/NJ real skewed the death rate. Had they handled that more appropriately numbers would be better . 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

The Northside of Jax is very bad, one of the worst parts of the state.  Lots of murders, yes.  The rest of the city is great.  The beaches are awesome.  Love it here.

That shooting, was an assassination, people think gang related.  Those guys were targeting that man.  It wasnt an open fire on everyone, they shot him and other bullets went stray.  He was the target.  

Yes, that’s what he said. He was targeted. Poor kid just wanted a job. 

19 minutes ago, EM31 said:

The concerns are in the area of long term disabilities as a result of COVID infection even after a patient "recovers" from the initial infection.  Currently unknown but there are some reasons to believe they are both significant and widespread.

But that's OK, since these effects have not been studied I am sure there are a boatload of people who know for a fact that they do not exist.

It's a given that most NFL players will have long term disabilities or die much earlier from simply playing NFL football.  Of course that doesn't take into account the risk to families and all the employees who support the game and don't play.  Collateral damage.   America needs both bread and circus.  NFL players, like the Roman gladiators are essential workers.   The games must go on...

18 minutes ago, British Jet said:

No, not yet. 
He isn’t even consistently starting for Chelsea at the moment. 

Noted.

But man, he looks like one of the most dangerous players in the world when he's on the pitch.

that can not be argued.

SO YEAH. How do we think this plays out? Seems likely that Covid will knock out someone’s entire OL room at some point. Does that team even bother suiting up for two weeks? 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

SO YEAH. How do we think this plays out? Seems likely that Covid will knock out someone’s entire OL room at some point. Does that team even bother suiting up for two weeks? 

Doesn't seem like it would end well

Just now, T0mShane said:

There is no easy answer. And no one has seemed to ask the questions. There just appears to be a lot of crossing of fingers. And that does not seem like a good plan.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

There is no easy answer. And no one has seemed to ask the questions. There just appears to be a lot of crossing of fingers. And that does not seem like a good plan.

Expanded rosters and give the team a chance to forfeit. Incentivize players As best you can to stay in at night. There will be positive tests. 

38 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Lol, yea but I’m sure these conspiracy theories your reporting made it to ABC, CBS, MSNBC, CNN, NYT, Washington Post without one shred of evidence to prove what one women said 🤔, uh, total BS, because if she could prove it she’d never have to work again. 
At least in NY you actually had real doctors reporting they weren’t comfortable marking every death as Covid fully understanding the financial aspects to the respective hospital. 

I would love to live in your world.

I bet you were one of those who held onto the "not all scientists agree" mantra on the dangers of smoking until big tobacco settled the class action and stopped paying off the one scientist on the planet who allowed them to say "not all scientists agree...."

Same thing with global warming I bet.  Or coal mines not actually polluting the air and water.

It must be good to consume your news from a single source but confusing too, I bet when Trump flip flops on what is orthodoxy five times in the same week and Fox jumps to change the messaging 180 degrees.

Never mind there is still One America News or Alex Jones or even Rush.

Does Alex sell any potions for COVID?

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Expanded rosters and give the team a chance to forfeit. I

Can the Jets schedule the Dolphins (done), Jacksonville, the Texans, Cowboys, 49ers (done), Chargers (done), Rams (done) and Cardinals (done)?

We should be good.

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Noted.

But man, he looks like one of the most dangerous players in the world when he's on the pitch.

that can not be argued.

Well, it can be argued. He’s playing well, really well, but 1700 or so minutes of Premier League football doesn’t make him one of the most dangerous players in the world.

https://www.theguardian.com/global/ng-interactive/2019/dec/17/the-100-best-male-footballers-in-the-world-2019

There’s a reason he wasn’t listed in the Top 100 players as recently as January. He’s a good player, maybe even great player, but there are many better ones. 

Form is temporary, class is permanent. 

13 minutes ago, EM31 said:

I would love to live in your world.

I bet you were one of those who held onto the "not all scientists agree" mantra on the dangers of smoking until big tobacco settled the class action and stopped paying off the one scientist on the planet who allowed them to say "not all scientists agree...."

Same thing with global warming I bet.  Or coal mines not actually polluting the air and water.

It must be good to consume your news from a single source but confusing too, I bet when Trump flip flops on what is orthodoxy five times in the same week and Fox jumps to change the messaging 180 degrees.

Never mind there is still One America News or Alex Jones or even Rush.

Oh no, I turn to those stations sometimes just to get an idea of what kind of new BS they’re spewing to scare everyone to death. 
Covid is bad, no one says it isn’t. But we live in capitalistic society where you have to work or collect. 
People are going to die. 40,000 people die in car accidents every year but we don’t report them every day of the week. 
Driving is a risk, working through Covid is a risk. 
Everyone staying home will not STOP Covid, as soon as you reopen it will come back. 
Drs know how to handle patients better now, they’ve stopped putting them on ventilators which killed them at an 80% rate (except last resort). 
Obviously it’s deadly for elderly people, the flu & breaking your hip kills 60,000 a year. 
we’re a country of 350 million people, stop using any other country as a litmus test. 

3 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Can the Jets schedule the Dolphins (done), Jacksonville, the Texans, Cowboys, 49ers (done), Chargers (done), Rams (done) and Cardinals (done)?

We should be good.

Unfortunately they are expected to field teams and play football. 

• Haha 1