Sign in to follow this  
playtowinthegame

Welcome to the Jets Bradley McDougald

Fans in Seattle really liked this guy!

Seems like a quality cat both on and off the field, a true leader by example.  We may have downgraded a bit at Safety talent-wise, but this looks like a serious culture and leadership upgrade.

What fans are saying....

1358328563_ScreenShot2020-07-27at11_52_46AM.png.42eea347c4f9e9f8b4fb339c2ef258e3.png

728019533_ScreenShot2020-07-27at11_52_07AM.thumb.png.0b5f40cf29fe01b4168eb75161a7f773.png

12381797_ScreenShot2020-07-27at11_51_21AM.png.6b33958c26442b77b12f7275e1cc8474.png

399184755_ScreenShot2020-07-27at11_52_22AM.thumb.png.d44637644071bf65117473c243f9b6e3.png

• Upvote 2

sounds like a victor green type of player.  wasn't he undrafted?

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

sounds like a victor green type of player.  wasn't he undrafted?

eye fink sew

jesus we flecced the hawks blind

• Upvote 1

We won't miss Adams at all.

• Upvote 3

56 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Sounds like a Bill Belichick type of hard worker & great teammate. Sounds like an upgrade 🤔.

..upgrade ?.. not sure 'bout that but... i like him    B)

• Upvote 1

I think in hindsight it’s too bad it didn’t work out with Mr. Adams as he is def an exceptional player. It just wasn’t meant to be. He is racing toward another destiny that wasn’t aligned with the Jets. It’s just how it is. McDougald sounds like a great person, role-model, leader and presence. Also with some gas left in the tank. Hopefully Mac can pick some winners and the D will fill the void of Adam’s absence. I think they will. Lots of talent returning healthy and a good D coach to get them aligned and ready. Excited to see what Gang Green can do! 

• Upvote 1

It’s good to have a hard worker and team guy who also also has talent.  Given the nice send off he got from Seattle fans he obviously is respected 

• Upvote 3

Jamal got McDougladed.  

• Haha 1

Lots of respect being paid to McDougald. 

Can't wait for that game week 14. 

Would love a game winning pick-6 by BabyLead. 

12 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Lots of respect being paid to McDougald. 

Can't wait for that game week 14. 

Would love a game winning pick-6 by BabyLead. 

If I could draw up one play, it would be to have Becton lay a full forest worth of wood on Jamal.  One of those plays where he knocks him down, Jamal tries to get up, and Becton just slams him down again and points.  If there were any shred of decency in the universe, it would give me this moment.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

If I could draw up one play, it would be to have Becton lay a full forest worth of wood on Jamal.  One of those plays where he knocks him down, Jamal tries to get up, and Becton just slams him down again and points.  If there were any shred of decency in the universe, it would give me this moment.

I'd love for that to happen.. a clean hard block similar to JuJu Smith-Schuster laying out Vontaze Burfict.

21 minutes ago, nycdan said:

For me it would be a series of plays. 

1st, I want Bradley McDougald and Ashtyn Davis to each pick off Wilson w/ one of them a pick-6 (McDougald), then a Bell TD which was initiated by a Maye sack/strip/fumble recovery.  Then with a 24 point lead and 5 minutes left the Jets sit Bell in garbage time and insert Lamical Perine who does a replay of this to close out the game:

• Upvote 3

53 minutes ago, Dcat said:

For me it would be a series of plays. 

1st, I want Bradley McDougald and Ashtyn Davis to each pick off Wilson w/ one of them a pick-6 (McDougald), then a Bell TD which was initiated by a Maye sack/strip/fumble recovery.  Then with a 24 point lead and 5 minutes left the Jets sit Bell in garbage time and insert Lamical Perine who does a replay of this to close out the game:

You are a greedy pig.  I love it.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

MC D is quite a bit better than Jamal in coverage, and he had a sack and two tackles for loss in a playoff game, Jamal saves his big plays for the scrub reel - at 29 we could get a couple or 3 years from this guy, he's a true leader. I love this guy already, GW WILL TOO !

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, nycdan said:

Yep.  Then Jets fans start a GoFundMe page to raise the funds to pay for Becton's inevitable fine.  

5 hours ago, nycdan said:

very first play queued up special for you....

Yeah, that's the one! :D

Keep in mind:  alot of Jets Fans were equally thank you'y and grateful when Robby Anderson left us this off-season.

Fan Love =/ Quality Player

McD's production is what will count, and on that the analysis is quite clear.  He's a relative equal to Adams in coverage, and materially worse as a pass rusher.  IMO not a big deal.

At least word is McD is a decent dude, unlike a certain Robby A......

he's a good player and still has a couple of good seasons left, physically.  he'll basically replace adams final 2 seasons at way less cost.  will there be a positional dropoff?  probably.  adams is a very good player but imo the safety spot can be helped by having good players in other positions.  i guess the only issue is if macdougald has the same game sense that adams had.  he'll have to learn the system and defensive signals.

2 hours ago, PepPep said:

Welcome to NY!  

man's got some top WR level (not DB level) ball in the air skills!!

I dont really know but he sure seems like a good player. 

I checked out some highlights and he kind of reminded me of Marcus Maye. So I checked out Marcus's highlights. Very similar players I would say Macdougald is a little more physical. I'm very happy to have both of them back there. Great trade

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I checked out some highlights and he kind of reminded me of Marcus Maye. So I checked out Marcus's highlights. Very similar players I would say Macdougald is a little more physical. I'm very happy to have both of them back there. Great trade

The more I think about it, the more I think McDouglad will be the one back in 2021, without having to see either he or Maye play a down this year.

McDougald may be nearly 3 years older but we're talking about a regime that had Adams and Maye as the Safety duo, yet added Ashtyn Davis with a 3rd round pick and got McDougald back in a trade for Adams.  Clearly, our GM didn't think or want Adams and Maye to be the starting Safety duo moving forward.

I think it'll be Davis and McDougald starting together in 2021.

On 7/30/2020 at 1:27 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

The more I think about it, the more I think McDouglad will be the one back in 2021, without having to see either he or Maye play a down this year.

McDougald may be nearly 3 years older but we're talking about a regime that had Adams and Maye as the Safety duo, yet added Ashtyn Davis with a 3rd round pick and got McDougald back in a trade for Adams.  Clearly, our GM didn't think or want Adams and Maye to be the starting Safety duo moving forward.

I think it'll be Davis and McDougald starting together in 2021.

I don't know how you arrived at this "clearly" part.  I don't see a thing wrong with Maye, and IMHO Davis was drafted as depth atm and to be groomed as a possible starter down the road.  Davis also has some CB chops and ST uses. 

JD did an incredible job netting a 2020 starter in McD (plus the draft haul).  My guess is Maye moves to SS and McD plays FS......unless Davis really KILLS it and somehow beats out McD.  

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

I don't know how you arrived at this "clearly" part.  I don't see a thing wrong with Maye, and IMHO Davis was drafted as depth atm and to be groomed as a possible starter down the road.  Davis also has so CB chops and ST uses. 

JD did an incredible job netting a 2020 starter in McD (plus the draft haul).  My guess is Maye moves to SS and McD plays FS......unless Davis really KILLS it and somehow beats out McD.  

Both Adams and Maye are SS's.  He drafted Davis because we didn't have a FS centerfielder.  Adams and Maye as a duo makes no sense.  

I stand by what I stated originally.  Douglas had no intention of Adams and Maybe being the starting Safety duo long term.  At least one was always going to have to go.  Only now do I think both will probably be gone.  McDougald can play both FS and SS while Maye is a pure SS.  Davis was drafted to be a FS/CB hybrid.  Douglas likes versatility.

Pretty simple, I thought.  We had Adams and Maye and we drafted Davis and now added McDougald after dealing Adams.  Meanwhile, Maye's contract hasn't been extended entering his final year.  2 Safeties in to replace the 2 Safeties drafted by the prior regime.  Makes sense to me.

i've said this a million times....Maye is LATE ....   OFTEN...

he also dropped that INT v Buffy game 1...    

The only thing I want to know is does this McDougald guy sounding like that turd we drafted from Maryland, McDougal, make Crusher love him or make him sad with disappointment? Don't ban me.

• Haha 1