Do 4 1st round picks in the next 2 years suddenly put Sam Darnold on the hot seat?

19 hours ago, Grandy said:

It just depends on how everything plays out. If Sam sucks or doesn't show progress this year then we should be on the lookout, however we'd need to have the #1 pick to get Lawrence. That's not a guy that you can trade up for. Justin Fields on the other hand is a good prospect, but I'm not sure about him quite yet. If anything I think Trey Lance might be the guy to watch after Lawrence.

However if Sam continues to improve, and let's say he puts up 90+ rating with close to if not better than a 2-1 TD/INT ratio and brings up his CMP% then I think we definitely continue to build around him. 2nd half of the season he was putting up those numbers, if he can do it over 16 games instead of 8 I'm chillin. We know he has the talent, he just needs to continue improving and show consistency.

Pats will have 1/3rd of their roster opt out. They will pull a very successful tank and snag the number one to get Lawrence. It’s already started. 

13 minutes ago, rangerous said:

darnold has played all of 2 seasons at qb.  he hasn't lit it up like marino did but he also hasn't laid an egg like rex grossman or joey harrington.  consider too that he managed to post a winning record last season with a poor oline and mediocre receivers.  he's going to be very good.  he needs the tools just like any other player.

as for douglas moving in a different direction, i seriously doubt it.  unless darnold pulls an adams and forces a trade or other reason for the jets not to re-sign him, he's not going anywhere.

I'm a firm believer in Sam but it's possible he lays an egg, that's the point of the thread.  Posing a hypothetical.

18 minutes ago, JiF said:

My expectation is; Sam shows out and the next 2 drafts are all about Sam but I expected this one to be and it really wasnt. 

You'd have to go back to 2006 to find a draft where the Jets took offensive players in the first two rounds.