Rapoport: Jamal Tried to Orchestrate Deal to Dallas During Season

IMG_5907.jpg

Remember that time Jamal Adams was so mortally wounded by the betrayal of Joe Douglas and the New York Jets for the unforgivable sin of picking up the telephone when the Dallas Cowboys called with a trade offer?  Well now it seems there’s a chance that the offer that Adams was so offended by, was in fact orchestrated by the man himself.

From @GMFB: The tense relationship between the #Jets and Jamal Adams began to crumble when he reached out to #Cowboys players during the trade deadline in an effort to convince Dallas brass to deal for him. The culmination of all of that landed him in Seattle instead. pic.twitter.com/UJhZcoFoAq

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) July 27, 2020

NFL insider Ian Rapoport is reporting that Adams contacted some Cowboys players at the trade deadline, asking them to let their ownership know that Dallas was the place he wanted to be.  In the end there was no deal, but Adams carried on like scorned lover.  He would go days without speaking to GM Joe Douglas or head coach Adam Gase as he needed time to heal.

It should come as no surprise the the self annointed “Prez” angered some members of the front office and teammates before Joe Douglas was able to ship him to the Seattle Seahawks this week.

The post Rapoport: Jamal Tried to Orchestrate Deal to Dallas During Season appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
u38AMX94DCo

Click here to read the full story...

1 minute ago, RichardTodd27 said:

Still can't believe we got two 1st's and a 3rd for this guy.

Does Seattle know that he plays safety?

I don't get all the talk about him being a safety so should be lower valued. Jets passed up Patric Mahomes and Deshawn Watson to take this safety 6th overall in the draft.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

My only thought right now is that Jamal Adams talk should maybe go to "SeahawksNation" now, and not here.

I don't care what he did, or said, or how good he was.  He is a Seahawk now.  

I'm far more interested in the Jets, our players, and what we'll do with those picks than I am in Jamalodrama.

Even before the Jamal trade, I'd head over there periodically just to bask in the inspirational magnificence of a Pete Carroll pep talk to the fellas.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I really like Jamall is a player and I thought he would be a great jet for life. But after reading all this stuff and hearing about the crying and whining I’m kind of glad this all went down. If Joe Douglas continues to do well with the draft I expect it was a great trade overall and we will benefit in the end

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RichardTodd27 said:

I honestly woke up this morning and shook my head, thought it was a dream that Seattle gave up that much for him.  The opportunity to add 2 players likely in the 20-30 range of the Draft each of the next two years, swapping a 4th round pick for a 3rd, AND replacing our starting Safety with a good/average starter is almost unbelievable to me.  The value of not having to hear Adams whine anymore, potentially sit out, or become a distraction to the team is just icing on the cake.  And, putting that $17M per year we'd have to eventually pay him towards a contract for Darnold....well, that's the cherry on top.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, RichardTodd27 said:

John Schneider signed his own death warrant with this one unless Seattle wins another Super Bowl in the next two years.

I wouldn’t give up two 1st’s, a 3rd and a defensive starter for Polamalu or Reed in their primes, much less a complete dickbag like Adams.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Melly-Mel said:

I really like Jamall is a player and I thought he would be a great jet for life. But after reading all this stuff and hearing about the crying and whining I’m kind of glad this all went down. If Joe Douglas continues to do well with the draft I expect it was a great trade overall and we will benefit in the end

Agreed on all counts.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

My only thought right now is that Jamal Adams talk should maybe go to "SeahawksNation" now, and not here.

I don't care what he did, or said, or how good he was.  He is a Seahawk now.  

I'm far more interested in the Jets, our players, and what we'll do with those picks than I am in Jamalodrama.

I agree that the Jamal talk should lower by about 90%, but for entertainment value, I would like to hear what he has to say about his current team, and the Jets.

Other than that, I feel that we have had Jamal overload!  

I promise not to start any more threads on Jamal.  I think I have already started 2 or 3 in the past.

27 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

He's a disingenuous phony. Cotsello's latest article certainly makes it sound like his personality won't exactly be missed in the locker room either.

A nice way of saying that he is a liar.  A lying sack of sh*t as my late pappy would say.

• Haha 1