rldev

Joe and Evan crying a river

If jamal Adams was as good and had as much of an impact as the uninformed think he does then the magic beans theory would be valid, but it isn't.

This guy is not a #1 Cb he is not a guy like mack that can indeed wreck a game.

• Upvote 1

For those that said it worked to get our attention. It worked for 5 minutes. I turned on their competition who were far more reasonable. They commented on J&E 's agenda.

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If jamal Adams was as good and had as much of an impact as the uninformed think he does then the magic beans theory would be valid, but it isn't.

This guy is not a #1 Cb he is not a guy like mack that can indeed wreck a game.

I don't agree with this, but he's not our problem anymore. Let the Seahawks figure it out.

25 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I was notably one of Adams biggest proponents - I think he is/was a lot better player than he was given credit for. I think a lot of what he posted online early on was twisted to make him look bad.  Even after all of this latest off season nonsense I was hoping it was all a ploy to try and iron out a contract. But in the end he went overboard and effectively burnt his bridges here.  Am I happy he's gone ?  not from an on the field perspective but  form the circus and division it had the potential to effect the team.  The trade in my eyes was a win-win and there's no way Jets fans should be mad at the return we got.

Look is very a talented Pro Bowler I fully admit that.  Do I think he is elite game changer?  If I’m objectively honest no I don’t.  When it came to a big game against a good team I don’t remember him having much of an impact.  CJ Mosley only played less than one game BUT he was flat out dominant against the Bills.  I have heard a lot of Bills fan admit that they won that game mainly because Mosley went down 

It’s like they take a position that will get a reaction 

• Upvote 1

I just hate their logic. They act as if 1st round draft picks are worthless. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, rldev said:

These guys are so ridiculous. I'm reminded why I don't listen to them. Nothing but complaints about the trade.

people still listen to them?  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, southtown24th said:

they sound like idiots

I feel like they are taking this "side of the argument" just to get people to listen and call in.

it's all an act.

they can't be that stupid.

^nailed it.  Looking for audience arguments for sure.

• Upvote 1

Why hasn’t Benigno been regulated to the trash bin of Jets history?

I can’t believe a big portion of the fan base still gives this whiny minge the time of day.

58 minutes ago, KRL said:

Its the media, EVERYTHING is scripted.  Whether its sports or news

Well, preaching to the choir makes for boring broadcasts. They have to be provocative, it’s true. We tend to return again and again to those we disagree with to be further outraged. Something in our DNA that the media has figured out how to monetize. As for news, it has become far more boutique-oriented, as in, we can listen to news which is designed to be aligned with our POV’s so it’s telling us what we want to hear. Not always the best thing as the end result is we become more and more polarized and huddled up with like-minded people as opposed to interacting and sharing healthy dialogue with those of opposing viewpoints. It’s up to us to look at the big picture and try to maintain civility. We do all need each other. 

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

people still listen to them?  

I'm in shock that radio is still a thing.

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

They’re right. 

I'll play - this is Jeopardy - What is something these two morons never are . 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I'll play - this is Jeopardy - What is something these two morons never are . 

ec153a537e8d288443bd79867530dc02.gif

44 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I was notably one of Adams biggest proponents - I think he is/was a lot better player than he was given credit for. I think a lot of what he posted online early on was twisted to make him look bad.  Even after all of this latest off season nonsense I was hoping it was all a ploy to try and iron out a contract. But in the end he went overboard and effectively burnt his bridges here.  Am I happy he's gone ?  not from an on the field perspective but  form the circus and division it had the potential to effect the team.  The trade in my eyes was a win-win and there's no way Jets fans should be mad at the return we got.

it has already been proven that the crying last fall was really over a deal that didn't get done... not that he was insulted that Douglas picked up the phone.  He's lied about that since it happened.  He lobbied dallas players before the trade deadline to push to get it done.  Then he dupes most gullible Jets fans into thinking he's angry because the Jets would consider trading him.

He's a con man off the field and his coverage skills on the field are mediocre, IMO, which can't be changed based on what I've seen.  Overall a really good strong safety with good instincts getting to QB.  Far from the "generational" bullcrap you hear out there all the time.  Pete carroll got raped. Too many drugs in the 70's probably.

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

Joe is the ring leader of the SOJF mentality. Cannot stand listening to this idiot - Bro. 

Cancel Beningo.  

SAR I

32 minutes ago, Dcat said:

^nailed it.  Looking for audience arguments for sure.

Beningo has been running his "oh, I'm dying" schtick for the past 10 years, he should have retired in 2014.

It's SOJF radio, it's Eyeore radio.

SAR I

And Beningo calls himself a Jet fan?  Awful.  I'd rather listen to that guy who used to call in all the time and scream about the Yankees.  I think his name was Jerome.

• Like 1

Just now, bd71 said:

And Beningo calls himself a Jet fan?  Awful.  I'd rather listen to that guy who used to call in all the time and scream about the Yankees.  I think his name was Jerome.

LOVED when Jerome would call into WFAN.  I'd laugh my ass off.  Classic caller.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

LOVED when Jerome would call into WFAN.  I'd laugh my ass off.  Classic caller.

I think he passed, right?

1 hour ago, rldev said:

These guys are so ridiculous. I'm reminded why I don't listen to them. Nothing but complaints about the trade.

I get some laughs out of Benigno.  I think Evan just follows his lead because he knows:

1) Joe is way more popular with fans 

2) It's probably too tiresome to disagree with Joe because he can carry on like nobody else.  He's got a little of "Jerome From Manhattan" in him.  I forget who Joe yelled at last year over what felt like a minor disagreement (Costello?)

1 minute ago, section314 said:

I think he passed, right?

No idea.  If so, RIP to a sports radio legend.

1 hour ago, Larz said:

It’s like they take a position that will get a reaction 

Would be smart move considering it's Sports Radio.  That plus sports have been shut down for months now so they're probably thrilled to have something to complain about.  This one is manufactured though.  We got a fantastic return here.  I'm very happy with the trade.

EDIT: I don't think Joe B is savvy enough to do this.  Plus I don't think he cares.  He's close to retirement and he doesn't need to please anyone.

1 hour ago, KRL said:

Its the media, EVERYTHING is scripted.  Whether its sports or news

With the news, I probably agree.  Sports-wise I'm not as certain.  But sports radio hosts definitely do try to be provocative because it makes for better radio (same with newspaper sports articles).

1 hour ago, pdxgreen said:

Love Janis

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, southtown24th said:

they sound like idiots

I feel like they are taking this "side of the argument" just to get people to listen and call in.

it's all an act.

they can't be that stupid.

that's the thing about people, they somehow exceed your very resaonable expectations...   otherwise how to explain POTUS?

giphy.gif

Evan made a good point about how the uncertainty of the college football season with impact the 2021 draft. It's a legitimate problem. What if there is no college football season this year? Then the extra first round pick will be even more of a crapshoot. 

51 minutes ago, Dcat said:

it has already been proven that the crying last fall was really over a deal that didn't get done... not that he was insulted that Douglas picked up the phone.  He's lied about that since it happened.  He lobbied dallas players before the trade deadline to push to get it done.  Then he dupes most gullible Jets fans into thinking he's angry because the Jets would consider trading him.

He's a con man off the field and his coverage skills on the field are mediocre, IMO, which can't be changed based on what I've seen.  Overall a really good strong safety with good instincts getting to QB.  Far from the "generational" bullcrap you hear out there all the time.  Pete carroll got raped. Too many drugs in the 70's probably.

this.

we were 5-11 before him and then 5-11, 4-12 and 7-9....      

It's very simple.

The Jets wont go dare go on their show. 

It all about ratings. Playing the "we're totally against this move" card makes us talk about it.

2 hours ago, rldev said:

I don't put the FAN on anymore because I don't know what time they moved Joe and Evan to and I'm afraid to accidently tune into these mouth breathers and have to listen to them for a few seconds.

9 minutes ago, vtbx said:

Evan made a good point about how the uncertainty of the college football season with impact the 2021 draft. It's a legitimate problem. What if there is no college football season this year? Then the extra first round pick will be even more of a crapshoot. 

You could argue the flip side that more talent will fall. Scouting is still scouting it would just be based on game film from a year ago. 

Joe and Evan are pulling their usual "same old Jets" routine, and normally I'd agree with them that this team lets good 1st round picks go way too often.

But this one was unavoidable for Joe Douglas.  Jamal acted like a spoiled brat, genuinely didn't want to be here, and forced his way out of town.  The uncertainty with the pandemic made a contract commitment unwise this offseason.   Just credit Douglas for getting 2 late 1's plus change in return.