Insightful Trade Breakdown (Bart Scott)

KRL

8 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Do you read? Where are you coming up with this sh*t... I broke it down for you and you still get it wrong... Come on man

You start by saying that Jamals numbers lie and go right into MCDougald numbers, the same method of ranking, now they impress you.  

You claimed that Adams was the 4th ranked S in pass defense and McDougand was the 5th best db when he was ranked against S, not dbs.  

You totally missed the point of Adams rankings where for S's with a MINIMUM of 75 passes defensed.  Are you kidding, NOT 75 plays, a minimum of 75 passes defensed, you know how stats are reported.  

You keep talking about how bad Adams was in coverage and base it on the same formula that you used to praise McDougalds coverage skills.  Adams allowed a comp % of 50.4 over his 3 seasons, McDougald the two seasons youre talking about?  77 and 54.  Better than JA?  

I'm not killing McDougald just trying to get it through to you that your liability talk with Adams and his ridiculously easy TD totals are total nonsense and tainted by what you think of the person not the player.  Youre going to keep coming, keep asking if I understand so theres no point, its over.  Yes, McDougland is a serviceable S but hes not the comp you used to make your twisted Adams comments true

On 7/30/2020 at 7:32 AM, Jet Nut said:

McDougald = top 5 man coverage DB over the last 2 years. .. Regularly played it in the defensive scheme for the last 2 years. 

Adams = schemed to not have to do man coverage because he gives up ridiculously easy TDs when he does. Hence why he only. Played it on 75 snaps in 3 years!!!!!!!!.

On 7/27/2020 at 11:57 PM, SAR I said:

Mosely + Williamson make up for Jamal's pressures.

Maye + Davis + McDougal improve Jamal's coverages.

Two first rounders turn into shutdown corner and edge rusher either via FA or draft.

And just like that, the Jets have a Top 5 defense.  Thank you, Jamal.

SAR I

....and Jamal being in Seattle improves the Jets locker room and Twitter feed.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You start by saying that Jamals numbers lie and go right into MCDougald numbers, the same method of ranking, now they impress you.  

You claimed that Adams was the 4th ranked S in pass defense and McDougand was the 5th best db when he was ranked against S, not dbs.  

You totally missed the point of Adams rankings where for S's with a MINIMUM of 75 passes defensed.  Are you kidding, NOT 75 plays, a minimum of 75 passes defensed, you know how stats are reported.  

You keep talking about how bad Adams was in coverage and base it on the same formula that you used to praise McDougalds coverage skills.  Adams allowed a comp % of 50.4 over his 3 seasons, McDougald the two seasons youre talking about?  77 and 54.  Better than JA?  

I'm not killing McDougald just trying to get it through to you that your liability talk with Adams and his ridiculously easy TD totals are total nonsense and tainted by what you think of the person not the player.  Youre going to keep coming, keep asking if I understand so theres no point, its over.  Yes, McDougland is a serviceable S but hes not the comp you used to make your twisted Adams comments true

Not ranked against safeties... Against all dbs... Thanks for playing... Mcd was used in coverage more... And in man coverage... Most of Jamals pass defensed were in a zone coverage not MAN COVERAGE. 

Jesus... It's not that hard you just aren't reading

15 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Not ranked against safeties... Against all dbs... Thanks for playing... Mcd was used in coverage more... And in man coverage... Most of Jamals pass defensed were in a zone coverage not MAN COVERAGE. 

OMG, you have no idea what you're talking about. Wasn't used in coverage more and wasn't the 5th rated DB.  

Are you seriously trying to make some lame point that one was man and the other was zone? 

As a S??????  S's dont play MAN defense, they at best play a hybrid on occasion.  

You don't know the players or football.

Thanks for playing, but I'm done.  Keep telling yourself that Adams cant cover, the Adams isnt that good and that McD is better in any way you can dream up.  A player who started the season on the bench in Seattle 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

OMG, you have no idea what you're talking about. Wasn't used in coverage more and wasn't the 5th rated DB.  

Are you seriously trying to make some lame point that one was man and the other was zone? 

As a S??????  S's dont play MAN defense, they at best play a hybrid on occasion.  

You don't know the players or football.

Thanks for playing, but I'm done.  Keep telling yourself that Adams cant cover, the Adams isnt that good and that McD is better in any way you can dream up.  A player who started the season on the bench in Seattle 

So close... You almost got it... Yes the emphasis was on man coverage... Always has been and it was talking about the versatility of mcd that he is a man coverage safety... Adams is not... When mcd played man coverage... He was the 5th rated dB against all dbs in pass completion percentage... Jesus... You are so close to understanding... But not sure you are going to fully grasp the concept.. 

2 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

So close... You almost got it... Yes the emphasis was on man coverage... Always has been and it was talking about the versatility of mcd that he is a man coverage safety... Adams is not... When mcd played man coverage... He was the 5th rated dB against all dbs in pass completion percentage... Jesus... You are so close to understanding... But not sure you are going to fully grasp the concept.. 

A S that plays man.  OMG, youre insulting Adams.  Why the hell did those clowns in Seattle trade McD AND picks to the Jets.  

Game wrong

Players wrong

Jesus your now a troll.

On 7/27/2020 at 6:59 PM, Marshmello said:

Thanks, good stuff from Bart as usual on the Jets.  My go to for Jets and Knicks. Alan Hahn is my favorite Knicks insider. I can't even listen to Joe and Evan.  It's sad what has become of WFAN. 

I bank my reputation too.

I’m expecting at least Becton, Davis and Mann to be studs right off the bat. 

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

A S that plays man.  OMG, youre insulting Adams.  Why the hell did those clowns in Seattle trade McD AND picks to the Jets.  

Game wrong

Players wrong

Jesus your now a troll.

No you just have trouble understanding... I haven't changed a single thing I said... I just had to spend far too long breaking it out for you to understand.. 

1 hour ago, Skeptable said:

No you just have trouble understanding... I haven't changed a single thing I said... I just had to spend far too long breaking it out for you to understand.. 

I've been trying to be nice to you.  You make it hard but its just too apparent to all that you just dont know much other than a couple of stats you think you read.  Dont tell me about a S playing in man to man coverage, and then talk down to me because you think your explaining something to me.  How old are you, when did you start watching the game?

Oh, BTW, Seattle doesnt play man D, they play a cover 3.  Used to play cover 2.  On top of the fact Ss dont play man, roll that one around for awhile.  Hint, Google what a cover 3 is

• Thumb Down 1

42 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I've been trying to be nice to you.  You make it hard but its just too apparent to all that you just dont know much other than a couple of stats you think you read.  Dont tell me about a S playing in man to man coverage, and then talk down to me because you think your explaining something to me.  How old are you, when did you start watching the game?

Oh, BTW, Seattle doesnt play man D, they play a cover 3.  Used to play cover 2.  On top of the fact Ss dont play man, roll that one around for awhile.  Hint, Google what a cover 3 is

I played football.. Don't be an ass... Move on... You obviously don't understand how to read from the beginning... And I had to explain it to you and then you insult me... I haven't changed what I have said you just chose to argue different points that I never discussed... You act like I didn't call Adams elite... I did call him elite... I called him a top defensive player in the league... I was always talking about how Adams plays in MAN coverage... You just chose not to read that. Not my fault. I broke it down even further and you still didn't get it... You are just so thick headed that you choose not to understand my points... It's fine you just must have a though time reading at your age

On 7/31/2020 at 4:39 PM, Skeptable said:

1 hour ago, Skeptable said:

I played football.. Don't be an ass... Move on... You obviously don't understand how to read from the beginning... And I had to explain it to you and then you insult me... I haven't changed what I have said you just chose to argue different points that I never discussed... You act like I didn't call Adams elite... I did call him elite... I called him a top defensive player in the league... I was always talking about how Adams plays in MAN coverage... You just chose not to read that. Not my fault. I broke it down even further and you still didn't get it... You are just so thick headed that you choose not to understand my points... It's fine you just must have a though time reading at your age

Yup, I cant read.  

You had to explain it to me and then felt insulted somehow  

You havent changed what you said. Not your fault.  It must be my fault.