EARLY Paradis draft/masturbation

To be honest, this draft class does not excite me a lot, particularly the first round talent (minus the QBs)  This kinda reminds me of 2013 where the Jets also had two first round picks and there really wasn’t a bunch of great talent early.   We’ll see how this all plays out.  

18 hours ago, Paradis said:

Step aside, Joey Joe joe... I'll take it from here

• 1st Devonta Smith, WR Bama
  • 1st  (SEA) Kyle Pitts, TE Florida
  • 2nd Chuba Hubbard, RB OSu
  • 3rd Amon-Ra St Brown, WR USC
  • 3rd (SEA) Landon Dickerson  C, Bama
  • 4th (NYG) Stone Forsythe, OT, Florida
  • 4th Dillion Radunz, OT N.Dakota State

Done.

We've agreed on alot the last few years draft wise, but youre ahead of me right now in terms of prep

I had so much of my own film to break down last year that I barely saw enough of these guys to make too many judgements.  For instance, watching bama, definitely saw waddle and smith but i was more focused on jeudy and ruggs due to the immediacy of them being in the draft. 

I do like smith, but to say i prefer him or waddle in terms of bama guys i need to watch more, same with chase who i also really like obviously.  

I realllllly like hubbard right now, I dont know why, but I have a really good feeling about him, just need to go back and watch some tape more but games I've seen I really like what i saw. 

Other than that good job? lol I'm not sure yet. 

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

So Angry,

If you prefer to swap in say Etienne late 1, and take Pitts rnd 2 in lieu of Hubbard, sure. peanuts to me. Pitts is a playmaker and is the better version of what people want in Herndon, who's better lining up at Y. 

Teams have been too enamored with measurables w/ TEs. Not enough about gritty gameplay. OJ Howard and Eric Ebron are two examples of TEs i didn't like and thought were grossly overrated. Their best tape was all "uncovered" and broken plays. Better athletes than footballers.

You need TWO... good/big time TEs. Not 1. 

We need a stud until proven otherwise. 

Fkn RB??!

——

i joke

Etienne would be a great addition. Worth a late first rounder but all things equal prefer OL or OLB.  A lot of RB’s could shake loose next off season after we cut Bell (Cook, Mack, Kamara, Mixon) But a rookie contract with a 5th yr option makes sense for a RB so you can really grind them up before discarding at age 27.

How many teams really utilize 2 good TE’s? honest question. I can think of Ertz/Goedert and Higbee/Everett.

15 minutes ago, David Harris said:

How many teams really utilize 2 good TE’s? honest question. I can think of Ertz/Goedert and Higbee/Everett.

Maybe Baltimore with Andrews/Boyle/Hurst?  I guess they aren't a traditional offense.  Tampa didn't get very much out of Brate/Howard and they threw a ton. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, David Harris said:

Fkn RB??!

——

i joke

Etienne would be a great addition. Worth a late first rounder but all things equal prefer OL or OLB.  A lot of RB’s could shake loose next off season after we cut Bell (Cook, Mack, Kamara, Mixon) But a rookie contract with a 5th yr option makes sense for a RB so you can really grind them up before discarding at age 27.

Good points. Those are the two who i believe utilize the 12 personnel the most, or at least use it effectively... they also both not-coincidentally have some of the most effective passing offensive. LOTS to love about 12 personnel in todays NFL. 

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Maybe Baltimore with Andrews/Boyle/Hurst?  I guess they aren't a traditional offense.  Tampa didn't get very much out of Brate/Howard and they threw a ton. 

Can't speak for BAL, but i don't think TB was rolling them out in Y/F 12 personnel packages as often. Alternating snaps/series/packages etc. 

• Sympathy 1

22 hours ago, Paradis said:

Done.

I am good on TEs

Never draft one high.

over it.

• Thumb Down 1

22 hours ago, Paradis said:

Done.

You keep doing that, and you will go blind

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Good points. Those are the two who i believe utilize the 12 personnel the most, or at least use it effectively... they also both not-coincidentally have some of the most effective passing offensive. LOTS to love about 12 personnel in todays NFL. 

Can't speak for BAL, but i don't think TB was rolling them out in Y/F 12 personnel packages as often. Alternating snaps/series/packages etc. 

Love the 12 personnel too. Most versatile set in the sport and those elite TE’s are a bear to defend in the passing game.

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

To be honest, this draft class does not excite me a lot, particularly the first round talent (minus the QBs)  This kinda reminds me of 2013 where the Jets also had two first round picks and there really wasn’t a bunch of great talent early.   We’ll see how this all plays out.  

Really?  It should be another solid WR/OL/RB draft IMO. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I think those positions are OK, I just don’t see the depth through this class.  Obviously it’s early but I don’t see a lot of separation between picks 10-30.   

Fair, I guess I'm just looking at how we could end up with either a Chase/Ross/Smith/Waddle, etc - with depth at WR in the first 3 rounds again.  And scooping a Eintenne/Hubard/Gainwell/Hill etc. with more depth again.   And then this draft will again have probably 3-4 OL in the top 10.

idk - Im kind of salivating at how much he could help the offense this upcoming draft.  Like, longerm with Darnold/Mims/Becton/Herndon/Perrine already in the fold, you're really just filling out and plugging in FA from there.   1 good draft and your set up to make a significant jump next season with a win now draft the following.   Pretty dang exciting.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

I think those positions are OK, I just don’t see the depth through this class.  Obviously it’s early but I don’t see a lot of separation between picks 10-30.   

Should be an interesting draft class to watch unfold - both situationally (covid) and talent wise.

I actually fell less in love, more than in love, with the 2020 (skill postion anyway) class the closer we got to it. TEs were largely sh*t, the RBs were above average but the depth was suspect at best.. And the WRs, were high caliber yes, but it felt murky. Higgins had a messy offseason, Claypool was getting overvalued, Lamb the same, as well Reagor... Pittman, who i loved went too early. I dunno. I really liked a lot of those WRs but my board was not the same. 

I'm looking forward to this upcoming class - I like a LOT of the early WRs, there's all kinds of talent at TE, even further down - and i'm intrigued by few backs i know little about. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, JiF said:

Fair, I guess I'm just looking at how we could end up with either a Chase/Ross/Smith/Waddle, etc - with depth at WR in the first 3 rounds again.  And scooping a Eintenne/Hubard/Gainwell/Hill etc. with more depth again.   And then this draft will again have probably 3-4 OL in the top 10.

idk - Im kind of salivating at how much he could help the offense this upcoming draft.  Like, longerm with Darnold/Mims/Becton/Herndon/Perrine already in the fold, you're really just filling out and plugging in FA from there.   1 good draft and your set up to make a significant jump next season with a win now draft the following.   Pretty dang exciting.

We're a full draft class and FA period away from having competent talent on O... compare our roster to some of the competitive teams and it's laughable. We *maybe* have a TE, a slot WR and a *potential* starter at X, and a RB room that will likely need a facelift next year. 

Draft a partner for Perrine, a partner for Herndon and get another body at Z next to Mims.. THEN, we can start to breath easy.

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Should be an interesting draft class to watch unfold - both situationally (covid) and talent wise.

I actually fell less in love, more than in love, with the 2020 (skill postion anyway) class the closer we got to it. TEs were largely sh*t, the RBs were above average but the depth was suspect at best.. And the WRs, were high caliber yes, but it felt murky. Higgins had a messy offseason, Claypool was getting overvalued, Lamb the same, as well Reagor... Pittman, who i loved went too early. I dunno. I really liked a lot of those WRs but my board was not the same. 

I'm looking forward to this upcoming class - I like a LOT of the early WRs, there's all kinds of talent at TE, even further down - and i'm intrigued by few backs i know little about. 

Last year at this time I was sure about the depth at WR and OL, even if there was disagreement about the slotting, the depth was obvious from the start.   This COVID thing is going to really screw around with the eval process.   I missed my annual trip down south for spring practices for the first time in almost 10 years, I get a lot of my “intel” from those trips.  Lol..  

I’m sure I’ll have a long list of favorites by the time the draft rolls around.  

• Upvote 2