The 2020 Opt-Outs: beginning w/NE starting RT Cannon

Dcat

4 minutes ago, KRL said:

Considering Russell Wilson (Ciara) just had a kid wouldn't it be wonderful if he opted out and

GENO SMITH is their starting QB.  How would the diva feel with that situation?

Hes talked about possibly opting out.

33 minutes ago, KRL said:

So their starting RT and their "CJ Mosley" are opting out and Brady is gone.

I feel bad for them, NOT

Hightower sees the writing on the wall. Can you imagine what it's going to be like in the media up in New England when Stidham takes over for a finished Cam? Gonna be ugly up there & Hightower was one of only a few people that got PAID up there, Devin McCourty being the other but he's on the other side of 32 years old! Mr. McCourty, meet Denzel Mims.

• Upvote 1

One of the reasons I enjoy pro-football is it's a competition between the best football players in the world.  This is very bad news and doesn't bode well for a season of watching the game I love played at the highest level.  

25 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Remember when people were picking the Patriots to win the AFC East this year?

Those same idiots will keep taking them because they remember that one time Brady  missed the season and Belichick managed to have a good season. That was a fluke and a great all around team. 

This Patriot team is pretty talented but not on the same level as that 2008 team especially with a few key players opting out. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Those same idiots will keep taking them because they remember that one time Brady  missed the season and Belichick managed to have a good season. That was a fluke and a great all around team. 

This Patriot team is pretty talented but not on the same level as that 2008 team especially without a few key players opting out. 

And there best players & leaders are OLD! McCourty is 32!, Edelman is 34! 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Biggs said:

One of the reasons I enjoy pro-football is it's a competition between the best football players in the world.  This is very bad news and doesn't bode well for a season of watching the game I love played at the highest level.  

If these same players suffered season ending injuries in camp you wouldn't care. A few players opting out won't effective the game in the slightest. We heard the same thing when David Price decided to opt out in baseball and a couple of guys opted out of the NBA.. Not many followed. 

If you tell me that Brees, Rodgers, Mahomes opt out, then I would agree but that's not happening. The only concern is the spread of Covid through these teams mid-season. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

If these same players suffered season ending injuries in camp you wouldn't care. A few players opting out won't effective the game in the slightest. We heard the same thing when David Price decided to opt out in baseball and a couple of guys opted out of the NBA.. Not many followed. 

If you tell me that Brees, Rodgers, Mahomes opt out, then I would agree but that's not happening. The only concern is the spread of Covid through these teams mid-season. 

I think the Pats losing Hightower is a huge blow to their D.   I don't root for the opposition to get injuries or opt outs.  I want my team to be great and beat the best.  I think this season has sh*t show written all over it.  

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

The New England Opt Outs

This is just the beginning of Bill's plan to tank for Trevor, convenient excuse... 

After going 3-13 and gaining the first overall pick

Belicheck - "We just didnt have the players this year we thought we would due to the virus, cant be great every year" 

Drafts Trevor Lawrence.