Warfish

Any Word Yet from Greg Williams Yet?

I ask because he's about the only opinion that could in any way slightly sway me from being pretty ecstatic about the Adams trade.

Has there been any public comment yet from Greg Williams?

• Upvote 1

Why would there be? He is the DC. I mean do you think he is going to say anything positive about Adams other than wishing him well?

• Upvote 1

Didn't Gregg Williams bench Adams during the Browns game? 

I am guessing he will miss the talent but will not miss the drama Adams brings. 

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I ask because he's about the only opinion that could in any way slightly sway me from being pretty ecstatic about the Adams trade.

Interview from 7/23 before the trade but since Douglas was working on it for a month he may have known:

https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/what-does-gregg-williams-like-about-the-jets-defense-heading-into-2020

• Post of the Week 1

What would you expect Williams to say? Do you really think he's happy he has MacDougal instead of Jamal on his defense?

Regardless of how anyone feels about Adams antics, he was the best player on the Jets. GW would obviously have preferred to have Adams to scheme around, Nothing will be said aside from "he was a great player here, I wish him well" or some PC version of "next man up, we'll be fine."

The DC has to tow the company line. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

"Wishes Jamal well ..."

"Looking forward to working with McDougald ..."

"Front office decision / it's a business ..."

"Coaching the players that are in the building ..."

... did I miss any cliches? ;-) 

• Upvote 1

He said he's happy to increase Marcus Maye's role, and looks forward to working with Mcdougald.

Yet....yet.

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Why would there be? He is the DC. I mean do you think he is going to say anything positive about Adams other than wishing him well?

I don't know what he might say, that is why I asked.

Unlike all the things we posters say here, what he says might (stress might) be interesting and shed light on how he feels about the trade, and how it will effect his defense.  even if it's just his tone or some aspect of how he says what he says.

And yes, when a team trades away the "best player on the defense", I would expect the beat reporters to ask for Williams, and to ask him his opinion on it.

• Post of the Week 1

Gregg Williams?  Just who do you think is the person in the FO who told Douglas that he wasn't paying him and he should get rid of him?

SAR I

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I don't know what he might say, that is why I asked.

Unlike all the things we posters say here, what he says might (stress might) be interesting and shed light on how he feels about the trade, and how it will effect his defense.  even if it's just his tone or some aspect of how he says what he says.

And yes, when a team trades away the "best player on the defense", I would expect the beat reporters to ask for Williams, and to ask him his opinion on it.

I think it would be very obvious  that Williams would rather have Adams on the Jets than on the Seahawks and if pressed on that, he would most likely convey that. As far as what he would say about the trade, this is what he won't do. He won't  trash the HC or the GM. He wouldn't  say anything negative. This is why nobody is asking  for the canned response he would deliver. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Didn't Gregg Williams bench Adams during the Browns game? 

I almost forgot about that.  Adams was very clearly stat-padding in a losing effort and GW didn't stand for it.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

7 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Tell me why this guy isn't OUR head coach?

Because we kicked his ass when he was head coach of the Buffalo Bills

• Upvote 1

Ah, '' Next man Up''?

19 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Jeez, you've got me wanting to play for you... let's go kick some a** then get a snack, Coach!!!!

Post your 40 time!

• Haha 1

Yes 

it was, interestingly enough, mother****er

The Jets are taking the high road.

Theres little chance a DC is going to rip him.  

Especially when the HC and GM, who were criticized didnt.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Post your 40 time!

After 18 holes today in 105* heat index, I'd guess about 11.40? Forget that cone crap also, I'm a gamer. :rolleyes:

I might be able to give you half a bench press though... 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

After 18 holes today in 105* heat index, I'd guess about 11.40? Forget that cone crap also, I'm a gamer. :rolleyes:

I might be able to give you half a bench press though... 

That's a half more than we got out of Darron Lee I think.

• Haha 3

On 7/28/2020 at 12:51 PM, KRL said:

Interview from 7/23 before the trade but since Douglas was working on it for a month he may have known:

https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/what-does-gregg-williams-like-about-the-jets-defense-heading-into-2020

@KRL I was thinking the same thing. One wonders if William's positive comments about him being a HOF talent were actually designed to drive Jamal's trade value up!

• Upvote 2

Fwiw

Greg may be happier with this deal than we think. 5 of the first 7 picks were O’s. With the extra 3 picks the Jets gained, Douglas can still build the offense and give Greg some players as well

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, FloridaJetsFan said:

I think Gregg summed it up nicely in training camp last year when he was caught on tape telling Adams - "I've coached a lot better than you."

He's right. He coached Sean Taylor.

• Upvote 3

You have to be aware of the idiocy of this question coming from you right?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

22 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Tell me why this guy isn't OUR head coach?

22 hours ago, predator_05 said:

Because we kicked his ass when he was head coach of the Buffalo Bills

Because he was the lead in Bounty Gate and ratted others out  

Hes got little chance of becoming a HC.  Actually his slight chance is if hes a DC somewhere and the HC fails or dies, he takes over and turns it around.  I thought he might get a chance after taking over in Cleveland but....

14 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

You have to be aware of the idiocy of this question coming from you right?
emoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Well, that's the funny part, some of the very folks who took the most umbrage at my usual "PR is PR, who cares what they say" opinion are the same ones telling me now it doesn't matter.  Irony works both ways mate.

Truth is, G.W. is the kinda guy who might just break script.  Not likely per se, but possible.  He could throw Adams under the bus, or could defend him, or could, as intelligent folks can, say everything he wants to get across without "saying it" as bluntly as all that, who knows. 

But yes, this is a rare instance where I go against my usual view of pressers, and I'd like to hear from a Coach, despite knowing the answer is likely fluff PR.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Post your 40 time!

3 day weekend. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

3 day weekend. 

Congratulations, you ran the 40 in February. A short month!