The baby fat is gone

AFJF

On 7/28/2020 at 3:49 PM, johnnysd said:

Let's hope he can outplay Kyle Phillips. He didn't last year. I think NFL GMs get all googly eyed over gigantic athletic men who just from sheer size can dominate in college but the NFL requires technique, passion, intuition and intelligence. Not all of them really ever have it, as we have shown ourselves over and over. If I ran a NFL team, I would not really view DT as a premium position in the NFL unless I saw hybrid capabilities especially explosiveness and technique to rush the passer inside consistently.

While I see your point, I'm hoping Kyle is even better than last year as well. Remember he was just a Rookie too. He had a very good season for an URFA.

43 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

I’m going to agree with this.

I think this kid persevered through an injury and a learning curve during his rookie year.

Theres just something about this kid I like. He’s an easy guy to root for.

Hopefully the gun issue hanging over his head (two felony charges are no joke) are resolved quickly. That has to be weighing on his mind.

Even with that going on though, I can see him becoming a feared weapon on this defense, which is something we desperately need.

Of course I would prefer if he developed into a beast. My resentment for what I felt was such a predictable disappointment is independent of hopes as a jet fan. 

cupcake is a little facetious of me, but they had a preposterously soft schedule that year. They had 1 game against a ranked team pre playoffs if I recall. LSU was the only stress test Bama had all season 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, TNJet said:

While I see your point, I'm hoping Kyle is even better than last year as well. Remember he was just a Rookie too. He had a very good season for an URFA.

I was complimenting Kyle actually. He is right now better than Q. I could see how you could read it like I was saying Kyle is a JAG. Not at all I think he did amazing.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

As opposed to?

He had 10.5 sacks.  

He wasn't invisible 

Jordan Jenkins had 8 sacks last 2 years and no one here seems to view him as a star, or much more than a hold the fort guy.  But Allen is a star.   Those 2.5 sacks make all the difference?  

And Clowney had 3 sacks but half this forum wants him signed yesterday.   Are all sacks not created equal???   Are we going to start talking pressures and how “they make the rest of the line better”?

5 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Jordan Jenkins had 8 sacks last 2 years and no one here seems to view him as a star, or much more than a hold the fort guy.  But Allen is a star.   Those 2.5 sacks make all the difference?  

And Clowney had 3 sacks but half this forum wants him signed yesterday.   Are all sacks not created equal???   Are we going to start talking pressures and how “they make the rest of the line better”?

And why exactly is this posted to me?

Because you want to be one of the group trying to claim that Allen didnt have an impressive year?  Instead of just saying hes not a rising star the way to downplay Allen and prop up Quinnen is to downplay Jenkins?  What does one have to do with the other?  For one they play 2 different positions for the other if we had an EDGE with 10.5 sacks our LBs and that S could have played their positions.

On 7/29/2020 at 4:09 PM, Paradis said:

I've never pretended to be more than just an a$$hole in canada... its' only in the last 8-9 years that i've been like - "wait a minute.... I can do this better than our GM"... Not exactly a high bar when you take Hackenberg in the 2nd. 

Honestly i've beaten this horse into dust -- but anyone who thinks that you need XX of field scout work to have any idea what you're talking about, needs to read BLINK by Gladwell. I'm not saying anyone can do it - but there's reasons why sometimes people are right more often than not, and there's reasons why people who in positions (like GM) seem to make moronic decisions on matters they're supposed to be competent in. 

It's how guys like Tavon Austin go in round 1. 

Ive never read Blink (gonna check it out now thoug) but I think there are a lot of people on this board who could have done a better job then Mac simply because Mac always tried to prove he was the smartest guy in the room by going outside the box, when a huge part of the draft is just staying inside "the box".

Mac would have been better off literally picking whoever was Mel Kiper's highest rated player every time our pick came up.  Instead he traded up and down in the same round, took high character/poor athletes one year and then low character/good athletes the next (none worked out).

As for QW, its too early to say what he is or isnt.  In the Saban documentary he is on tape telling Belichick that QW was his best player on the 2018 team.  I get the Josh Allen love and wanted him myself and again, Mac had no ability to combine his roster, position value and pick, but its done now and lets hope QW turns into an elite DT because he does have that ability, he just needs to put it together.

• Upvote 1