KRL

Gase Press Conference

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Gase is on a headset talking to his offensive coordinator just like every other head coach in the NFL.

Gase is a very good head coach.  Very good.  We are lucky to have him.  As for our offensive coordinator, not sure if he's the right man for the job.  This is a big season for him.

SAR I

it looks like he is calling the plays, just sayin

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

Head coaches are allowed to call plays.  They call defensive plays too.  So if you're going to hate on Gase for calling bad offensive plays then you must love on Gase for calling good defensive ones.

The head coach is responsible for it all.  

SAR I

dont be obtuse 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Hey please don't take me as being facetious but did you know that Adam gase actually started as a defensive understudy? Yes he started on the defensive side of the ball.  He was also a scout for quite some time on the defensive side of the ball. Then he was an offensive assistant, then a quarterbacks coach, and eventually became an offensive coordinator.

So can you please tell me where it says this guy is supposed to have some legendary offensive stats and scores and points? I don't understand where you guys are getting this crap from?

He's the head coach now. He's not the offensive coordinator. That is not his job anymore. He's also in charge of the defense the special teams the coffee the chicken and the paper in the Xerox machine.

Just for s**** and giggles Bill Belichick played lacrosse in college and never played football in his life. He started as a special teams assistant, worked his way up to linebackers and then defensive coordinator. Oddly enough it was his offense that won the AFC East for so many years.

Bill Parcells played basketball and was an offensive lineman in football and was on the verge of being fired his second year as head coach of the Giants,  who are known for their defense! Mike Tomlin was a wide receiver in college yet the Pittsburgh Steelers are known for their defense? Sean McDermott of the Buffalo Bills was a state champion wrestler.

My point is just because our head coach at one point was an offensive coordinator doesn't mean we're the Kansas City Chiefs. He's the head coach now of the entire team and all he has to do is Win Games.

he has as much to do with the defense as rex had to do with the offense.  

Also, when I said earlier that it looks like he is calling the plays, it wasnt meant to sling mud on the guy.  our offensive line was terrible, our offense suffered and i am hopeful that we improve on the oline.  If the guys we brought in can do their job, Sam will make a giant leap this year and i hope mostly on the deep ball.

as an aside, i hope we spend one of our 1st round picks on the best available OT in each of the next 2 drafts and have them slide inside if they arent needed as a tackle.  I said a decade ago that I wanted 5 x 300lb dudes on the oline.  do it for sam, do it for the fans!

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company