Sign in to follow this  
TuscanyTile2

Poll: Do you like Fake Baseball Crowd Noise and Cardboard Cutouts

Poll: Do You Like SNY's Fake Baseball Crowd Noise?  

7 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Poll: Do you like SNY's fake baseball crowd noise? (I specify SNY because I think different channels might handle this differently)

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure yet
  2. 2. Do you like the cardboard cutouts?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure yet

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/30/2020 at 04:15 AM

The fake crowd noise question is specific to SNY.

The cardboard cutout question is related to MLB as a whole. 

I have a feeling I'm going to be in the minority here but, personally, I like the SNY fake crowd noise.  I watched a baseball game without it and it was too depressing.  

I also prefer the cardboard cutouts btw.  Seeing the stands empty is depressing as well.

Btw, I'm not saying that this is a great situation.  It stinks that this is even a relevant question.

All the fake crowd noise sounds exactly that. No negative noise or minor cheering from road fans. The cheers sound more like rushing water. Just cheesy in general

the cutouts look ridiculous with the exception of the three dogs in the RF seats at CitiF :)

5 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

All the fake crowd noise sounds exactly that. No negative noise or minor cheering from road fans. The cheers sound more like rushing water. Just cheesy in general

the cutouts look ridiculous with the exception of the three dogs in the RF seats at CitiF :)

Agreed, it's just minor background sound (similar to rushing water as you said) but I still prefer it to dead silence.  There are times I have the game on but I'm looking away.  The generic sounds at least can trick me into thinking its a normal game as I listen to GKR.

As for the cardboard cutouts, they're definitely silly looking but I still think they're better than empty seats.

The fake crowd noise doesn't really bother me.  I think they are doing a bit better job with it than the first two exhibition games against the Yankees where the crowd reactions seem delayed.

One thing I do like is some of the subtle sounds of the game.  The sound of the ball hitting thr foul pole on JD Davis HR, never heard that before.  Or a little later in the game, the sigh from Davis on a pick off play.  You are hearing the real sounds of the game that are normally drowned out by crowd noise.  Plus the ooccastional f-bomb.

As to the cardboard cutouts, I don't get the point.  Was a bit of a novelty at first, but watching these games from Fenway, I definitely prefer just seeing the empty seats to the cutouts.

Either way, just happy to be watching baseball.  Hopefully the Marlins get this thing under control and there are no further widespread team outbreaks so we can watch for the next 2+ months.  It sure beats sitting on the couch with the wife as she watches Real Housewives reruns.

I like the crowd noise.  Watching or listening to a game without it just sounds wrong.  It's white noise and does no harm.  Nats have done a good job with it so far.

Don't care about the cutouts, they're cute and kinda funny, but don't have a strong opinion one way or the other.  If teams want to do it, fine, no objection.  Nats don't do it, and I'm ok with that.

As for the cardboard fans, I don't have a problem with it, because I know that a number of the teams are donating all proceeds to charity. I hope that they are all doing that. Otherwise, it is cheesy. 

They should just play music in the stadiums throughout the game as if its pregame batting practice.  I mean, who cares?  Is that going to be distracting to players or something?  

The cutouts are incredible. I thought I hated the Braves to the max as is, but after Adam Duvall hit a HR of McNeil's dog's face, I am now taking this rivalry to the grave.

• Haha 2