why cant we win 2

With all the new changes to the team, and this pandemic wreaking havoc  like never before, no one even knows what is going to happen. If the season does happen to start no one knows how long it's going to last. I just would like to see the team to show improvement and begin to gel. If it leads to a possible playoff spot, that would  be better than expected due to having a brutal schedule. I think that JD with another off season and draft would definitely be a playoff or bust year, as far as this year, with everything up in the air l have my doubts

• Upvote 2

I think its fair to assume that projections for this season should have more variance than any other season before. In other words, I still think the favorites (KC, SEA, BAL, NO, etc) are the favorites, but I think you'll see final standings differ from pre-season projects more so than any year in the past. 

The reason is simply the virus. Not even mentioning all the impact the virus will/has had to the off-season schedule to get teams up to speed for the season... but what happens if Russel Wilson gets COVID? What if a team has an outbreak of 10-15 players needing to be quarantined at once for several weeks? There is so much that can't be accounted for that I could easily see the Jets competing for a playoff spot. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

top 15? man that would be sweet. but whit current coaching not sure if we make it out of bottom 5

Kind of feel these rankings are a bit skewed. The team in the first 7-8 games was hindered on O since it took Darnold that long to get out of the Mono funk. The last 8 games and the Dallas game the O looked pretty good to me, and if that folded into the games where Darnold's Mono say would not have been there we would have been ranked like around 20th with no Oline and pretty pedestrian WRs. Now, we have hope for Perriman and Mims as well as our 2 TEs returning, but those are all ? marks. Hopefully if we have one thing to hang our hat on it would be that this new revamped Oline is a marked improvement over last years. It would seem it could not be worse, but we have to see especially in the short term. We likely will have a rookie starting at LT in Becton, and the only other returning starter is LG Alex Lewis, plus these guys all will have to mainly gel in the 1st month of Sept if things progress and we have no issues with live games then. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

I think its fair to assume that projections for this season should have more variance than any other season before. In other words, I still think the favorites (KC, SEA, BAL, NO, etc) are the favorites, but I think you'll see final standings differ from pre-season projects more so than any year in the past. 

The reason is simply the virus. Not even mentioning all the impact the virus will/has had to the off-season schedule to get teams up to speed for the season... but what happens if Russel Wilson gets COVID? What if a team has an outbreak of 10-15 players needing to be quarantined at once for several weeks? There is so much that can't be accounted for that I could easily see the Jets competing for a playoff spot. 

The random chaos theory has always favored the Pats.  

My worst nightmare is that The Jets make the playoffs in this COVID ridden season and that's seen as some sort of victory when other teams primary players sat out.

Then we go into next year assuming that we are as good as our record when in reality we are not just like in seasons past... Cough... Rex seasons.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Kind of feel these rankings are a bit skewed. The team in the first 7-8 games was hindered on O since it took Darnold that long to get out of the Mono funk. The last 8 games and the Dallas game the O looked pretty good to me, and if that folded into the games where Darnold's Mono say would not have been there we would have been ranked like around 20th with no Oline and pretty pedestrian WRs. Now, we have hope for Perriman and Mims as well as our 2 TEs returning, but those are all ? marks. Hopefully if we have one thing to hang our hat on it would be that this new revamped Oline is a marked improvement over last years. It would seem it could not be worse, but we have to see especially in the short term. We likely will have a rookie starting at LT in Becton, and the only other returning starter is LG Alex Lewis, plus these guys all will have to mainly gel in the 1st month of Sept if things progress and we have no issues with live games then. 

right.  i don't think the whole mono thing has been taken seriously enough.  for darnold to not play in week 2 kind of says that he wasn't 100% in week 1.  and then he came back in week five.  i have no doubt he still wasn't 100% and it would've taken at least until midseason.  plus the injuries and the bad oline play just can't be discounted.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, rangerous said:

right.  i don't think the whole mono thing has been taken seriously enough.  for darnold to not play in week 2 kind of says that he wasn't 100% in week 1.  and then he came back in week five.  i have no doubt he still wasn't 100% and it would've taken at least until midseason.  plus the injuries and the bad oline play just can't be discounted.

Football fans not taking a virus seriously enough?

Ya don't say.

2 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

yeah I think i agree with what you are saying here. Time will tell. I wish they had more football time to gel together but on paper the line should be much improved hell even with just a few more seconds a play darnold might be able to get rhythm 

16 hours ago, Dunnie said:

My worst nightmare is that The Jets make the playoffs in this COVID ridden season and that's seen as some sort of victory when other teams primary players sat out.

Then we go into next year assuming that we are as good as our record when in reality we are not just like in seasons past... Cough... Rex seasons.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Wow, can we play this season first ?. Talk about PTSD from Jet fans.