Jump to content
Snell41

What about the coaches re: COVID?

Recommended Posts

Can they opt out? Quite frankly guys like Andy Reid, Belicheck, McCarthy, not to mention how many old and out of shape assistant coaches...

 

I haven’t seen any mention in other threads, sorry if this has been answered.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

 

Can they opt out? Quite frankly guys like Andy Reid, Belicheck, McCarthy, not to mention how many old and out of shape assistant coaches...

 

I haven’t seen any mention in other threads, sorry if this has been answered.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

 

I haven't been able to find anything pertaining to the coaches online yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

 

Can they opt out? Quite frankly guys like Andy Reid, Belicheck, McCarthy, not to mention how many old and out of shape assistant coaches...

 

I haven’t seen any mention in other threads, sorry if this has been answered.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

 

I was thinking this yesterday and I was hoping Belichick would opt out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maxman said:

I was thinking this yesterday and I was hoping Belichick would opt out.

His replacement is ready to go, and is a very good boy.  

 

bill-belichicks-dog.jpg

 

 

Belichick opting out would be the only way that I'd believe the Pats are tanking for Trevor.  They could roll with scab players and still cobble together 9 wins as long as the cheater is in charge.

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There has to be an option to coach from the booth for all coaches I guess.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BallinPB said:

There has to be an option to coach from the booth for all coaches I guess.  

I think Jamal basically said Gase is already doing that lol.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very serious sports league doing very viable things is serious and good

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Stick a fork in baseball.

Every day people say this around the same time. Show goes on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2020 at 1:25 PM, Integrity28 said:

Gase managed to get over COVID-33, he should have the antibodies for COVID-19.

🤣 Best Adams post yet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What if a coach is too sick to coach from the booth.  In the NFL coaching is obviously a much bigger deal than in baseball.   It’s not exactly difficult to replace a 1B or 3B coach, or even a manager (since the GM and his staff do most of the work for managers these days anyway).  But imagine if GW is out for a few weeks?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

What if a coach is too sick to coach from the booth.  In the NFL coaching is obviously a much bigger deal than in baseball.   It’s not exactly difficult to replace a 1B or 3B coach, or even a manager (since the GM and his staff do most of the work for managers these days anyway).  But imagine if GW is out for a few weeks?  

They’d do the same thing they would do if a coach was too sick with the flu or something else to coach....

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

What if a coach is too sick to coach from the booth.  

Welcome to what teachers have been asking for the last 4-5 ******* months. 

  • Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Every day people say this around the same time. Show goes on.

I mean, that's cool and all that they're pressing forward.  I like that there are games going on to watch and such.

But the season was already a farce the moment they decided it would be a 60-game schedule with 16 playoff teams.  Now its just clown shoes.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I mean, that's cool and all that they're pressing forward.  I like that there are games going on to watch and such.

But the season was already a farce the moment they decided it would be a 60-game schedule with 16 playoff teams.  Now its just clown shoes.  

I’m enjoying it. Better than no baseball.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Every day people say this around the same time. Show goes on.

Best case scenario they pause season and regroup. They need a better plan to play the games in areas that aren't COVID-19 hot spots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forget even the booth, coaches will just be coaching remotely from home.

I assure you, it's a complete coincidence that the remote connections in Foxborough regularly fail late in close games on crucial plays / drives.  Damn technology, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I’m enjoying it. Better than no baseball.

Sure.  But this will be the year the Mets win a World Series but it won't be legitimate.  Similar to Johan Santana's no-hitter that wasn't really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sure.  But this will be the year the Mets win a World Series but it won't be legitimate.  Similar to Johan Santana's no-hitter that wasn't really.

lolololol

 

0E59329D-C783-49E0-91A4-AE290431BEB4.png

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

lolololol

 

0E59329D-C783-49E0-91A4-AE290431BEB4.png

 

So basically the MLB is running things like my slow pitch softball league or, at best, the Cape Cod League.

Totally not bush league at all.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2020 at 12:42 PM, Snell41 said:

 

Can they opt out? Quite frankly guys like Andy Reid, Belicheck, McCarthy, not to mention how many old and out of shape assistant coaches...

 

I haven’t seen any mention in other threads, sorry if this has been answered.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

 

Their wheels don’t squeak.  If these players didn’t have a union they wouldn’t squeak either.  Coaches need a Union.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

 

So basically the MLB is running things like my slow pitch softball league.  

Totally not bush league at all.

It’s the players they run the whole operation in baseball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

 

So basically the MLB is running things like my slow pitch softball league or, at best, the Cape Cod League.

Totally not bush league at all.

Totes legit. Well worth half the league getting the COVID.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found this, no link though sorry.

35B067BD-8960-4CF0-90F3-543860390B86.thumb.png.4f43980d8e470d56830b6f96639e24ce.png64DB1507-C406-4699-827F-E15452FBFF2E.thumb.png.7c838b711c212f1f15c1b4bdb7e043b4.pngADBD1553-3651-493E-B4CF-D956FDC79394.thumb.png.d8b425c51ca6d90e21d8ae76f39171b7.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2020 at 3:26 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

His replacement is ready to go, and is a very good boy.  

 

bill-belichicks-dog.jpg

 

 

Belichick opting out would be the only way that I'd believe the Pats are tanking for Trevor.  They could roll with scab players and still cobble together 9 wins as long as the cheater is in charge.

or he could go 5-11 like he did with the browns and with the patsies before brady.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rangerous said:

or he could go 5-11 like he did with the browns and with the patsies before brady.

He went 11-5 with Matt Cassel.

Cheaters gonna cheat.  Belichick started winning when Ernie Adams was hired, in 2000.  That's the true common denominator in all this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Totes legit. Well worth half the league getting the COVID.

bored the office GIF

67787000-F303-4F12-94AF-22A4A7F95E5B.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...