What about the coaches re: COVID?

52 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Can they opt out? Quite frankly guys like Andy Reid, Belicheck, McCarthy, not to mention how many old and out of shape assistant coaches...

I haven’t seen any mention in other threads, sorry if this has been answered.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I haven't been able to find anything pertaining to the coaches online yet.

59 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Can they opt out? Quite frankly guys like Andy Reid, Belicheck, McCarthy, not to mention how many old and out of shape assistant coaches...

I was thinking this yesterday and I was hoping Belichick would opt out.

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

I was thinking this yesterday and I was hoping Belichick would opt out.

His replacement is ready to go, and is a very good boy.  

bill-belichicks-dog.jpg

Belichick opting out would be the only way that I'd believe the Pats are tanking for Trevor.  They could roll with scab players and still cobble together 9 wins as long as the cheater is in charge.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

What if a coach is too sick to coach from the booth.  In the NFL coaching is obviously a much bigger deal than in baseball.   It’s not exactly difficult to replace a 1B or 3B coach, or even a manager (since the GM and his staff do most of the work for managers these days anyway).  But imagine if GW is out for a few weeks?  

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

What if a coach is too sick to coach from the booth.  In the NFL coaching is obviously a much bigger deal than in baseball.   It’s not exactly difficult to replace a 1B or 3B coach, or even a manager (since the GM and his staff do most of the work for managers these days anyway).  But imagine if GW is out for a few weeks?  

They’d do the same thing they would do if a coach was too sick with the flu or something else to coach....

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Every day people say this around the same time. Show goes on.

I mean, that's cool and all that they're pressing forward.  I like that there are games going on to watch and such.

But the season was already a farce the moment they decided it would be a 60-game schedule with 16 playoff teams.  Now its just clown shoes.  

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I mean, that's cool and all that they're pressing forward.  I like that there are games going on to watch and such.

But the season was already a farce the moment they decided it would be a 60-game schedule with 16 playoff teams.  Now its just clown shoes.  

I’m enjoying it. Better than no baseball.

• Upvote 1

On 7/29/2020 at 12:42 PM, Snell41 said:

Their wheels don’t squeak.  If these players didn’t have a union they wouldn’t squeak either.  Coaches need a Union.

On 7/29/2020 at 3:26 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

His replacement is ready to go, and is a very good boy.  

bill-belichicks-dog.jpg

Belichick opting out would be the only way that I'd believe the Pats are tanking for Trevor.  They could roll with scab players and still cobble together 9 wins as long as the cheater is in charge.

or he could go 5-11 like he did with the browns and with the patsies before brady.

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

or he could go 5-11 like he did with the browns and with the patsies before brady.

He went 11-5 with Matt Cassel.

Cheaters gonna cheat.  Belichick started winning when Ernie Adams was hired, in 2000.  That's the true common denominator in all this.