Rich

NY Daily News and Manish Metha

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

I understand that the NY Daily News has basically become a blog due to their financial problems, and cant employ top talent, but their "reporting" (specifically Metha) on the Jets and especially the Adams situation, has been as disgusting as Adams´ conduct. Today Mr. Burner Account is lecturing Gase on using the Adams situation to become a better coach. Thats pretty rich considering that Adams used Metha to spew his BS and Metha used Adams to finally get a real story, even though we know Adams story is a pack of lies. Two con men who deserve each other. 

I know he comes on the podcast so I dont want to get in trouble here, but Im sorry, Metha has disgraced himself with his highly inaccurate reporting and has used his position to hurt the team and for me thats too much. Im no fan of Gase, but I am a fan of my team and hes the head coach so making it harder for him is not something I think a beat reporter should be doing. He has a right to his opinion, I get it. He has every right to call guys out but free speech requires responsibility when you are part of the press and frankly, lying is lying. At some point (now) you lose all credibility.  He can make any point he wants without having to inject himself into it. But its not about that for him, its about him to him and about his personal vendetta. Too bad he didnt go to Seattle with JaSmall.   

How is the Adams story a pack of lies? Adams went on the record. Whether you believe him or not is up to you, but anybody would have ran with the story. 

• Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Rich said:

I understand that the NY Daily News has basically become a blog due to their financial problems, and cant employ top talent, but their "reporting" (specifically Metha) on the Jets and especially the Adams situation, has been as disgusting as Adams´ conduct. Today Mr. Burner Account is lecturing Gase on using the Adams situation to become a better coach. Thats pretty rich considering that Adams used Metha to spew his BS and Metha used Adams to finally get a real story, even though we know Adams story is a pack of lies. Two con men who deserve each other. 

I know he comes on the podcast so I dont want to get in trouble here, but Im sorry, Metha has disgraced himself with his highly inaccurate reporting and has used his position to hurt the team and for me thats too much. Im no fan of Gase, but I am a fan of my team and hes the head coach so making it harder for him is not something I think a beat reporter should be doing. He has a right to his opinion, I get it. He has every right to call guys out but free speech requires responsibility when you are part of the press and frankly, lying is lying. At some point (now) you lose all credibility.  He can make any point he wants without having to inject himself into it. But its not about that for him, its about him to him and about his personal vendetta. Too bad he didnt go to Seattle with JaSmall.   

Yeah I think this tack he has taken is actually beyond the line. I mean you can call a coach a terrible coach as an opinion, but what he is doing is flat out telling the coach he is competent and how he should act. It is no longer reporting. The Jets should remove his press credentials.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

15 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

How is the Adams story a pack of lies? Adams went on the record. Whether you believe him or not is up to you, but anybody would have ran with the story. 

I meant Adams was lying, not Metha. Metha may not have actually known. Because he has no access anymore.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Whose got the odds on which of the JN board members is actually Metha?

Now you are gonna get us both in trouble. ☺️

• Haha 1

Just now, Rich said:

Now you are gonna get us both in trouble. ☺️

That's what I'm here for. 😂

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF

• Haha 2

Manish is nothing more than an agenda driven hack.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

Legit question. 

When is it enough for a team to pull a reporter's credentials? Has that ever happened before? 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

Legit question. 

When is it enough for a team to pull a reporter's credentials? Has that ever happened before? 

Great question... 

1 hour ago, GreekJet said:

how???? because reporters only report what they want to and can frame questions to get the answers they want.  they also don't press the people they interview with tough questions and frequently put the answer they want in the question. maneesh does this all the time and he only likes players and teams that give his highness access.  that's why he's not going to give the jets any credit in the whole adams scene.  and, by the way, both gase and douglas have gone on the record with stories that completely refute what adams said.  the bottom line is adams decided to get out of team and luckily the jets will benefit from his departure.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

SAR I

Scott loves Gase and he's been around Jets message boards since Mehta was in Junior High School.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, GreekJet said:

Not on this particular story, but Mehta broke the cardinal rule of Journalism.

Report the news, don't create the news. 

I believe that is why many people take exception with Mehta. The press are the eyes and ears of the public, not their voice.

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1

If he has an account, it'll be the one that reposts the most Mehta-written articles, and does so via link, not via copy-paste.

Honestly, I doubt he has an active poster account, he may have an account sure, but not one who posts alot.  Too easy to uncover then.

Far easier to just read the forum and steal stories and opinions he can them claim are his own when he publishes them.  Plenty of hack writers do that, milk the fanbase for their stories, usually by taking the other side to generate rage and get site hits.  It's just an example of all the wrong in journalism as a whole, much less the cesspool of sports journalism, these days.

Hell, JN has a dozen writers and opinion posters I'd read over a hack like Mehta.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

Legit question. 

I had considered this question when the burner account story broke. Honestly, I think the Daily News would consider it an act of war, and would go to such lengths to hammer the Jets, it might not be worth it.

Yes, they are close to that point right now, but it could get even worse.

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

Legit question. 

The answer is close to never, without something akin to a criminal conviction. 

Just ask the current President about pulling credentials and how well it works out.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Rich said:

I know he comes on the podcast so I dont want to get in trouble here, but Im sorry, Metha has disgraced himself

That’s why he gets invited on the podcast

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

I had considered this question when the burner account story broke. Honestly, I think the Daily News would consider it an act of war, and would go to such lengths to hammer the Jets, it might not be worth it.

Yes, they are close to that point right now, but it could get even worse.

Not that I really advocate pulling creds, but I don't think anybody is worried about going to war with the New York Daily News these days.  

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Not on this particular story, but Mehta broke the cardinal rule of Journalism.

Report the news, don't create the news. 

I believe that is why many people take exception with Mehta. The press are the eyes and ears of the public, not their voice.

Credere Nuntium. The Globe and Inquirer are the only avatars of truth in journalism remaining. 

• Haha 1

Mannish used to work at the Newark Star Ledger. He was as good a jets beat reporter as there was at that time 

Then he switched to NYDN.  They editorially hate the JETS. So Manish toes the line. It’s a shame because he’s a smart guy. But he needs the job

Focus the anger on the editors

• Upvote 1

I don't have an opinion on Gase either way. What I was impressed with was Gase's calm responses to Metha's line of of questioning which seemed marginally judgmental in tone towards Gase.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, addage said:

Mannish used to work at the Newark Star Ledger. He was as good a jets beat reporter as there was at that time 

Then he switched to NYDN.  They editorially hate the JETS. So Manish toes the line. It’s a shame because he’s a smart guy. But he needs the job

Focus the anger on the editors

I don't think it's that simple, however convenient that seems.

He saw Cimini get a more-coveted job at espn by injecting himself into the stories & being a grade A hard-on. That's probably the inspiration, not a NYMA newspaper instructing him to sandbag either of its two football teams. 

If you were right, and this is and has been a directive from the DN, that wouldn't/couldn't be kept secret for long (let alone for well over a decade). 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Credere Nuntium. The Globe and Inquirer are the only avatars of truth in journalism remaining. 

I guess you believe the news.

Well done.

He can say whatever he wants.  Winning solves everything.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, shawn306 said:

Manish is nothing more than an agenda driven hack.

I kinda agree but the only agenda that matters to him is generating clicks and eyeballs.  I don't think he really cares about anything related to the team that much...

• Upvote 2

Not even sure why they even entertain that little sh!tbag by bringing him on the podcast...it’s why I don’t support it.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, GreekJet said:

Your takes are straight trash, homie. LOL

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

Whose got the odds on which of the JN board members is actually Metha?

happy star wars GIF

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Your takes are straight trash, homie. LOL

What are you talking about? Mehta did absolutely nothing wrong in the Adams story. This was not one of his anonymous tips that are impossible to vette. We are talking about getting a team captain on the record to say this stuff. Every reporter on earth is going to run with that story. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

What are you talking about? Mehta did absolutely nothing wrong in the Adams story. This was not one of his anonymous tips that are impossible to vette. We are talking about getting a team captain on the record to say this stuff. Every reporter on earth is going to run with that story. 

Mehta got used worse than Freddy Lounds did by Will Graham and Jack Crawford*.

*Props if you get the reference. 

• Upvote 2

The only way to deal with Manish is to treat him like a mushroom. Keep him in the dark and feed him sh*t

• Haha 3