Rich

NY Daily News and Manish Metha

17 hours ago, GreekJet said:

How is the Adams story a pack of lies? Adams went on the record. Whether you believe him or not is up to you, but anybody would have ran with the story. 

Because the Adams piece isnt the first piece hes written?

And they all have the same tone?

And if you ask questions the right way, you'll get the answers you want in the right environment.  Why are all of Manish's hit pieces written the same way, have the same tone and are pretty much different that others?  

Just now, More Cowbell said:

if Adams answer weren't  so radically off from what a player should be saying, I would agree with this but how else can you ask Adams your opinion of your HC and GM and not get the answer he did?

If Adams had any clue of what Mehta said about Gase earlier he's already tainted though.

And if Manish asks, "Is Gase as bad a leader as I've been told".?

Not hard to do.  And I believe Manish has an agenda to stir the shlt when it comes to the Jets.  Hes done it too long with too many Jets HC's, players, etc.

• Upvote 1

Pull a reporters credentials because you dont like what he writes and the NYDNs isnt the problem, the NFL will come down on you. Teams cant decide who writes nice things and limit press credentials to only those outlets 

17 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

Whose got the odds on which of the JN board members is actually Metha?

Given his overly optimistic outlook on all things Jets and his love of Adam Gase I'd say he has to be, no question about it,   photo-thumb-28455.jpeg.c28fb9f906e374573976a6a5a044ad89.jpeg

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Dcat said:

A screen name based on a Beethoven's only opera somehow just doesn't have that familiar Manish fragrance odor.

Ah, the perfect alias.  No one would guess.

😁

17 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

1. While I’m not him. I do happen to agree with him quite often.  Most of you do too. Just don’t like to hear it. 

2. Gase is a bad coach

3. Gase has a history of not getting along with his players

4. Johnson’s are bad owners 

5. Sure. He makes stuff up sometimes, often uses “anonymous”  sources - but that’s no different than the vast majority of all the media right now. 

6. As far as beat reporters go, he’s a good one. Keeps things interesting.  Stirs the pot.  Frankly, the Jets are such a sh_t show they need someone to call them out on their failures. 

1.  Not so sure, hard to tell, this post bears that out.  Two of your complaints have nothing to do with whether Manish is a hack or not. 

2. Maybe, maybe not, give it time instead of adding him to your list of complaints

3. No he doesnt.  Hes just like every other HC, vast majority will like him, a small amount won't.  And you'll harp on it

4. Eh

5. Making stuff up is a cardinal sin for a reporter, especially a beat reporter

6. As far as beat reporters go, he's the least liked, makes up the most shlt and somehow manages to make Cimini look like a pulitzer winner.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, predator_05 said:

Information has become easily accessible, so the media is no longer an intermediary - its just another spectator with an [amplified] opinion. 

Its not so much that its easily accessible, its that its so competitive and the competition is for clicks from a wide variety of outlets.  Used to be I got the NYDN for the morning commute, Newsday over lunch and the Post for the return commute given they had a late sports section.   Now its how many different outlets, 15 times those 3 stalwarts for NYC commuters?  

So Enquirer BS like sneaking pictures of a vacationing Rex after the season ender never used to happen.  

10 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

That future HOF CB also totally  💩 the bed here and held out twice and threatened to hold out again at year after he signed his second contract forcing management  to trade him.

He held out once.  Not twice.  And never threatened to hold out again.  After he was traded it was assumed he would.  

When did Revis totally shlt the bed here?  

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Revis said he would hold out a year after he was signed if he didn't  get a huge raise. Either that or his uncle who was advising him did. Either way the Jets did not want to deal with it. I don't  know if they made the right move but at that time we were not winning a SB. I may have been wrong about the second hold out actually happening but the treat was made.

Revis didn’t hold out when he was traded.  People feared he might.  Assumed.  
Big difference   

4 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Isn't  that what I juat said. Also, someone brought up Revis held out as a rookie so that would be twice

OK

You said he held out 2 years and would have held out a third year.

I read what you said.  But waiting for your fist contract to be negotiate by your agent isnt holding out.  You cant hold out if you havent signed.  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company