Kristian Dyer: Little Change to Jets Projected win Total Following Adams Deal

In the end it’s 100% right. He’s a great player but not a game changer. The defense will be fine without him, especially considering we’re getting healthy

CJ Mosley had a bigger impact overall in 1 half against the Bills than Adams had all season 

• Upvote 1

This isn't even slightly surprising and was pretty clearly proven last season.  The team was totally crippled by the loss of current Cardinals' backup Beachum, and yet were unphased in their games without Adams.  That should speak volumes on its own.

Forgetting even the debate of the individual talent level of Adams, this is ultimately a question of the direct impact he alone has on win total, and through 3 years there's no evidence to suggest any exists at all.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Well, if Kristian Dyer wrote it then we know it has to be true.

But he's not the one saying it.  He's the reporter who spoke to the person from FootballOutsiders who said it.  

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

And I guess the needle for the Seahawaks didn’t move at all...but come draft day who needs first rounders when you already have your strong safety. 

AEC67CE2-A1E5-4B8F-80AF-5145F9B0D168.gif

Seahawks projeted wins went up by 0.3 from 8.5 to 8.8.

33 minutes ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

Well so much for that little nugget of science...

Sorry, your post suggested you had an interest in knowing how it impacted Seattle's win total.  It would seem the small number wasn't what you were hoping for?

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Weird.  I've been told that Jamal Adams is a generational talent that wins games on his own, while Bradley McDougald is a JAG.

I personally witnessed Adams block, then go back to pass, throw a bomb and catch his own pass for 2 touchdowns on the same play. So much for team sport. 

• Haha 1

It’s going to be amazing watching the Seahawks not want to pay Jamal next offseason. Like, tears of laughter will fill my pool.

This is the thing I look forward to. I honestly think this stuff about him not wanting/needing to get a contract extension right away will subside in short order.
By the end of this season,if that long, he will begin again.

Congratulations Shane. I will only do this once.
You were right. and for like a really long time you were right.
And oddly I’m really happy about how it worked out.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

assuming he is actually healthy... how much would a relaible K add?

https://twitter.com/josephperson/status/1288863400928448513?s=20

MONSTER LEG. Was on IR last year for Panthers. #Jets don't have a kicker right now, why not get a name who has been there done that? Last 2 years stats: 2018: 14-of-16: 87.5% 2017: 29-of-30: 96.5%