If the Jets had this year's Seattle 1st (2020) who would you have taken?

Just for fun, let's say that Jamal had been traded in April prior to the Draft instead of prior to the start of the season.  Had the Jets received Seattle's 1st round pick this year who would you have taken?

A reminder of how the picks around Seattle went at the end of the 1st and into the start of the 2nd.

1186859979_ScreenShot2020-07-29at4_22_39PM.thumb.png.21a40f4ad20e8af556336023646b24fc.png

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Just for fun, let's say that Jamal had been traded in April prior to the Draft instead of prior to the start of the season.  Had the Jets received Seattle's 1st round pick this year who would you have taken?

A reminder of how the picks around Seattle went at the end of the 1st and into the start of the 2nd.

1186859979_ScreenShot2020-07-29at4_22_39PM.thumb.png.21a40f4ad20e8af556336023646b24fc.png

Lots of names on that list that I would love in green and white but I'd go with Edwards-Helaire. 

• Upvote 3

Without knowing that we would come away with Mims in round 2, I would have taken Tee Higgins.  With the benefit of hindsight, knnowing that Mims was there for us in R2, I am probably going either Clyed Edwards-Helaire or Jeff Gladney

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Lith said:

Without knowing that we would come away with Mims in round 2, I would have taken Tee Higgins.  With the benefit of hindsight, knnowing that Mims was there for us in R2, I am probably going either Clyed Edwards-Helaire or Jeff Gladney

Higgins and Gladney were my first two thoughts.  I probably would have went Higgins.

Either Higgins or Wilson.

Probably Higgins since I assume Fant is playing RT but it would have been pretty sweet to walk away with 2 book ends in the 1st for the next 10 years...

That said, not knowing we'd land Mims, I'd probably would have taken Tee Higgins and waited to see who was available at OL in RD2.

If we could have traded up I would have done that to try and get Ruiz. 

If we could have traded down - I would have tried to get back to the early/mid 2nd round with the thinking being I'd still be able to get Higgins/Pittman/Mims (and honestly at the time of the draft I think Mims would have been my #1)...

If I had to stay as is I'd have taken Gladney maybe McKInney - didn't read up on the safeties as much this year for obvious reasons 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, RobR said:

Lots of names on that list that I would love in green and white but I'd go with Edwards-Helaire. 

Agree.

Although, I could have lived with a corner.  I know, Jets really need offense, but they could also REALLY use a corner.  

• Upvote 1

On 7/29/2020 at 7:31 PM, Lith said:

I agree. Tee Higgins without knowing we were gonna snag Mims and net draft picks. But in hindsight, I would take Gladney or Noah Igbinoghene.

On 7/29/2020 at 7:21 PM, jetstream23 said:

Isaiah Wilson

Queen was probably the best talent on the board, but at that point, there was no way we could take an ILB.  In any case, at that point, I think it almost would have had to be Higgins.  Then, at #48, rather than trade down, we could have taken Trevon Diggs and really helped out the CB situation.

image.png

So that extra pick gives us Higgins and Diggs instead of Mims.  I don't think anyone would have been disappointed with Becton, Higgins and Diggs with our first 3 picks.

And if you think about it, we get a chance to upgrade our next 2 drafts in roughly the same manner.

• Upvote 1

Higgins

• Upvote 1

Xavier McKinney.  You can never have too many Safeties.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Based upon all of the value still on the board at the time, I would have worked hard to trade back.

Edwards Helaire is going to go nuts though.  Yeah we already have Bell but another dynamic pass catcher out of the backfield would be nice