A Fat Fat Fat Man's Gripe

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Nope.  Amazingly, when I did play (oh, 25 years ago now) I was a relatively svelte 285 pound WR/H-Back.  It was about those baseball hands, all those years playing baseball meant I could catch, unlike alot of kids in H.S. lol.  And I moved pretty good for a big dude.  Man, those days are loooooong gone now.

the D.K. Metcalf of your era!

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

/fat jokes commence, but be warned, Crusher is like me, albeit a shorter me, he knows me personally, and we both can sit on top of you if you insult us too hard.  :) 

A. That sucks that they don't have your size. WTF not? I'm sure there are plenty of big dudes out there in the same boat. And even if you lose a sh*tload of  weight (If you chose to do so), you're still a BIG dude at 6'5 300ish. That's messed up. Sorry WF.

Oh  and while I of anyone here would be the last to make any cracks about being overweight (I'm doing better but I still have a ways to go), about the above?

200.gif

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, predator_05 said:

I'll never understand but i WILL stand. 

I WILL fight for you and your equality. 

You can count on me to be an ally. Whether they are microaggressions like fat jokes, or overt discrimination in the form of unfair seat placement at airplanes, restaurants - i WILL fight for you. I will give you my chair and be your shield. Trust me, i'm a good guy. 

SILENCE is compliance, and i will NOT be silent. I will make lots of noise on YOUR behalf because i'm an awesome human being, fully committed to making AMERICA a more equal country. 

In the meantime, i will buy you a few twinkies and a deluxe pack of Doritos, while giving an order to my tailor for a custom triple XL Jets jersey. Stay strong, my friend. We're in this together. 

Skinny Silence is violence?

• Haha 1

Not fitting in an NFL jersey should be a wake up call.  You're most likely facing some serious health issues in the near future.  Cut some calories and start taking long walks.  Baby steps and eventually you'll be jogging.  Do it for your kids (if you have any). 

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Warfish said:

I'm a big mo-fo.

6'5" (well, maybe 6'4" nowdays, fat is heavy after all).

400 pounds.  Or in the ballpark.

Yes, I'm a big, fat man, yes it's bad for me, and yes I should change it.  Got it.

My gripe:

It is now well over a year since the Jets changed their uniforms, and as of yet we still do not have a 5x Option on their online shop.  5x and 6x used to be something they carried regularly in the old uniforms, and still can be picked up for all manner of nobody players in the old scheme even today.

Now look, I get it, the healthy folks here will roll their eyes, make a fat joke, and move on.  But let's also be clear, I am hardly the only 5x or 5Tall size NFL Football Fan on earth.  

What's the story?  Is Nike simply not doing bigger than 4x for Jerseys anymore?  I notice this same issue for Nats Jerseys now that Nike is doing those too, nothing bigger than 4x.

I may not be the biggest fan of the new dude, but I have always proudly worn the gear on gamedays down here in DC.  Sure, the "men don;t wear another man's name" thing is a thing, and you're entitled to that, but alot of feel differently and still do wear Jerseys on gameday.  

I have to wonder this far along if I'll simply be locked out of wearing teh new duds for good (because lets be clear, I'm not going to get materially shorter or less broad in the chest/gut anytime soon).

Personal grip, feel free to ignore, just curious is this is a Nike thing maybe, since I'm seeing it in other sports gear they do as well.

/fat jokes commence, but be warned, Crusher is like me, albeit a shorter me, he knows me personally, and we both can sit on top of you if you insult us too hard.  :) 

Warfish, how come you don't work on it? We all have our vices and your vices are no worse than anyone else? I've got to lose about 60 pounds myself. It was 75, but I'm working on it. I found some healthy food that I really enjoyed eating and started consuming those foods at serving sizes spaced out over the course of the day. I've also exercising again and I've managed to stay pretty consistent at about 3 to 4 times a week. I'm 50 now and I just do NOT lose weight like I used to in my 30's. When you reach this age your body is forever in conservation mode. Anything you consume you'll hold on to. So I'm forced to be satisfied with only 15 pounds lost in two months. It's awful.

Now I only explain this because I know you can do the same. Aren't you motivated to live longer so you can be there for your kids? 

Honestly, do you have insurance? If so, you could probably go see a nutritionist free of charge? That person could set you up with an eating plan? All due respect to you, but you have to be eating VERY irresponsibly to get to 400 pounds. It really wouldn't take much effort on your part, if you just fixed your eating, to start to lose a significant amount of weight.

From there it's all about sticking with the plan. If you fall off the wagon on a day? Don't just give up because you f*cked up? Get back on that eating plan IMMEDIATELY. That's what I suffer with? I love beer. I love baked goods... Whoopie pies, cake, bread, etc. And I've never been responsible about consuming such foods in moderation. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

A. That sucks that they don't have your size. WTF not? I'm sure there are plenty of big dudes out there in the same boat. And even if you lose a sh*tload of  weight (If you chose to do so), you're still a BIG dude at 6'5 300ish. That's messed up. Sorry WF.

Oh  and while I of anyone here would be the last to make any cracks about being overweight (I'm doing better but I still have a ways to go), about the above?

200.gif

Well done fatty. 

• Haha 1

I'm a big mo-fo.
Yes, I'm a big, fat man, yes it's bad for me, and yes I should change it.  Got it.
My gripe:
It is now well over a year since the Jets changed their uniforms, and as of yet we still do not have a 5x Option on their online shop.  5x and 6x used to be something they carried regularly in the old uniforms, and still can be picked up for all manner of nobody players in the old scheme even today.
Now look, I get it, the healthy folks here will roll their eyes, make a fat joke, and move on.  But let's also be clear, I am hardly the only 5x or 5Tall size NFL Football Fan on earth.  
What's the story?  Is Nike simply not doing bigger than 4x for Jerseys anymore?  I notice this same issue for Nats Jerseys now that Nike is doing those too, nothing bigger than 4x.
I may not be the biggest fan of the new dude, but I have always proudly worn the gear on gamedays down here in DC.  Sure, the "men don;t wear another man's name" thing is a thing, and you're entitled to that, but alot of feel differently and still do wear Jerseys on gameday.  
I have to wonder this far along if I'll simply be locked out of wearing teh new duds for good (because lets be clear, I'm not going to get materially shorter or less broad in the chest/gut anytime soon).
Personal grip, feel free to ignore, just curious is this is a Nike thing maybe, since I'm seeing it in other sports gear they do as well.
/fat jokes commence, but be warned, Crusher is like me, albeit a shorter me, he knows me personally, and we both can sit on top of you if you insult us too hard.   

I honestly feel sad that you need to preface a simple question of “where the hell are the 5xl Jerseys lately” with so much shame filled explanation. There’s no need, brother. No shame in who you are.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Warfish said:

I'm a big mo-fo.

My gripe:

As a former college offensive lineman (who very much looks it), I wholeheartedly agree with this gripe.

• Upvote 2

On 7/30/2020 at 2:27 PM, predator_05 said:

I'll never understand but i WILL stand. 

I WILL fight for you and your equality. 

You can count on me to be an ally. Whether they are microaggressions like fat jokes, or overt discrimination in the form of unfair seat placement at airplanes, restaurants - i WILL fight for you. I will give you my chair and be your shield. Trust me, i'm a good guy. 

SILENCE is compliance, and i will NOT be silent. I will make lots of noise on YOUR behalf because i'm an awesome human being, fully committed to making AMERICA a more equal country. 

In the meantime, i will buy you a few twinkies and a deluxe pack of Doritos, while giving an order to my tailor for a custom triple XL Jets jersey. Stay strong, my friend. We're in this together. 

Not for long I take it.  Don't be so quick to give up your chair.