ESPN - Jamal Adams says he's excited to be with Seahawks, plan is to retire with franchise

Rich

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Not sure that saying “well we passed on Mahomes for Adams and then had to trade a sh*tload for Darnold” is as exculpatory of the Adams pick as you think it is. 

I agree with you about that, it isn't.

The problem though, is I've read the '17 draft thread, and the number of people here who wanted Mahomes has grown exponentially, because hindsight is always 20/20. Most were happy with the Adams pick, and Jamal played up to his slot. 

I'm still waiting to say that about the next year's pick.

4 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

I agree with you about that, it isn't.

The problem though, is I've read the '17 draft thread, and the number of people here who wanted Mahomes has grown exponentially, because hindsight is always 20/20. Most were happy with the Adams pick, and Jamal played up to his slot. 

I'm still waiting to say that about the next year's pick.

Nobody in that thread spent more than 20 minutes total watching Mahomes play NCAA football, nor were any of them paid seven figures to scout those players. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I don’t think anyone thought he was the right pick. Obviously Mahomes was. 

When you have some free time, go back and look at that draft thread. I did that last year, and was surprised. 

A lot of people were singing a different tune back then.

59 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Well, we got back two #1's for him, and to Adams credit, his play was never the problem. He was a Pro Bowl and All Pro player.

If we're going to give Draft grades on #1 picks though, when do we start doing the "we gave up the #6 pick, and 3 2nd rounders for this guy???" thing.

Asking because we've gone after every other #1 pick here that Macc took, and the class of '18 is next up on the hit list, I believe.

Man, you need some serious help, you are delusional and need to get your nose out of  Adams ass. Try meditation or some mind altering drugs, because you really aren't making any sense. I'll give credit, you are the last Jamal fan standing, but it's time to give it up.

giphy.gif

41 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Nobody in that thread spent more than 20 minutes total watching Mahomes play NCAA football, nor were any of them paid seven figures to scout those players. 

Yeah, but it happens all the time. the draft is an inexact science, Jackson was the 5th QB picked in '18, and the other 4 can't even carry his jock. He was better in college than Mahomes was.

The Jets might have missed on Mahomes and Watson, but so did others. At least our miss turned out to be an All Pro.

2 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

I don't like the OP calling a player he doesn't like a psychopath, just because he got his feelings hurt, and I'm tired of guys starting these stupid Adams threads every few hours. All they're doing is looking for validation from the usual cast of characters.

I really think Jamal honestly felt like he didn't trust JD or Gase. When he gave the list of teams he would go to without a new contract, he convinced me. He already agreed to play under his old deal this year with Seattle.

All things considered this ended as well as it could for us. He was determined to shoot his way out of town. The ilk here has to put on their big boy pants and move on.

or... it's fun to look at things from the other side and people want to talk about it with others who have expressed an interest in such topics. 

Either way. :) 

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, GaryM said:

Man, you need some serious help, you are delusional and need to get your nose out of  Adams ass. Try meditation or some mind altering drugs, because you really aren't making any sense. I'll give credit, you are the last Jamal fan standing, but it's time to give it up.

giphy.gif

Poor Gary.

Gary is "that guy" on his message board.

Gary cannot comprehend what he's reading, so he's unable to formulate an intelligent counter argument.

This makes Gary angry, and then he lashes out.

Poor Gary.

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

And Marcus Lattimore and TreDavious White and Christian McCaffrey and TJ Watt. It was a bad pick. 

We can go back and forth on the pick, but we've had far worse picks than him. Not to sound like a broken record, but Adams is a great football player. Hence, we got two 1st round picks back for him.

The bad pick in that draft was Maye. Doubling down in the second round is what upset me at the time.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

This is one boring subject. 

SAR I

Yes it is, but apparently the Jamal haters still aren't over him.

They got their wish, he's gone, but the two 1st'round picks aren't enough. They still need to emote.

The only question is, who do they go after next (aside from Gase)? Will it be Sam or Quinnen?

7 hours ago, Rich said:

Yea, Im not Jamal, I actually mean it when I say it.

So heres the definition of Psychopath- a person suffering from chronic mental disorder with abnormal or violent social behavior.

Now, you may prefer Sociopath- a person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior.

Either way the shoe fits... 

Also and this is from clinical definitions, they exhibit grandiose feelings (although can have none for others, zero empathy) about themselves ie they think of themselves as being way better than they actually are.  I would classify Adams as that.  He is at best 1/2 the player a Ronnie Lott or Palumalu were, yet he talks as though he is the best Safety to ever play the game.

They are highly manipulative.  All that self-annointed "Prez" bs and proclaiming himself to be a "Leader" over and over again.  He was running a psychopath's game with the end goal of scoring a huge contract that a Safety of his caliber does not deserve...Palumalu YES...Jamal Adams..No way.  A real "Leader" does not constantly talk about being a leader.  Also a real leader would never throw virtually "his" entire team under the bus when things go bad...."We don't have enough Dawgs around here"..ie I'm not at fault for anything...all these bums are to blame as they went 16-32 with the "great" Jamal Adams (who got burned in coverage way too often and rolled up his Sack totals in approximately 2 GAMES against the NFL's doormats.  Another classic psychopath move...blaming others while never owning any of the blame himself.  Also another is reverting to almost spoiled child like behavior or violence when they are certain things will not go their way, from one second to the next, after what they think is a carefully crafted "genius plan" they have thought out.  Sound familiar?

But the Ultimate Vote just recently happened in Las Vegas.  The books out there think soooo highly of Jamal Adams that his departure barely even moved the needle on the Jet season Win total, drove it down Point 2 wins.  Also speaks to how important the Safety position is in the grand scheme of things and why only an Idiot c**t like Maccagnan would draft one that high (because he was consensus and to protect his job, hey maybe he is psychopath too? haha...nah...too stupid).  What bothers me most about Adams besides being a two-faced nutjob is just the sight and never ending sounds of him remind me that if I were GM Patrick Mahomes would have been a Jet...they needed a QB IN THE WORST WAY right when the Adams pick was being made.

Thank you Joe Douglas for scamming the haul you got for a guy who will soon have problems in Seattle if anything goes wrong.  I never thought the Jets would get anything close to what they got for him.

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

God I love Mangold

Absolutely one of my all-time favorite Jets. Always Shoots Straight, always tells it like it is, what you see is what you get. I hope I have the opportunity to buy the guy a beer someday.

Also I hope someday soon the Jets realize this and employ this guy in some capacity as a representative. Maybe something similar to how Greg Buttle, Ray Lucas, and even Chad Pennington have hung around and given insight and they've done pre and post-game type stuff. I think he would excel in that capacity.

But definitely cheers to Nick! He's a good dude and he is sorely missed.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Rich said:

For those in Seattle that dont speak Jamelese, luckily, I do.  

I want to be a Seahawk for life. 

Translation;

Its all smiles and good tidings today but if I dont have a contract by week 4, Im gonna trash the owner, coach and mascot while I text Dallas asking them to get me out of here. Its all luv and luv to all! 

Imagine if you met a girl on Monday and today, Thursday, she tells you she wants to be with you for life. Would you believe her?  Or would you immediately realize you needed to move, change your phone number and probably fake your own death? (what I like to call, the easy way out) 

This guy is a psychopath who would tell you anything based on his mood at the moment. Nothing that comes out of his mouth has even an once of sincerity. Sadly this will also end with poor, old Pete Carroll having to change his phone number.        

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29566098/jamal-adams-excited-seahawks-says-plan-retire-club?device=featurephone

make it stop my little pony GIF

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

On the one hand, you could have had Pat Mahomes. On the other hand, you drafted the sh*tty safety who was a locker room cancer that burned everyone in the organization for three years before forcing a trade. Otherwise, Draft Grade: A++++

Sidebar: I struggle with whether mahommes would be mahommes had we drafted him.  Obviously his talent is undeniable, but would he be that transcendent superstar with the jets over the past 3 years?  Under todd bowles to start his career not a great offensive developer in reid? No hill or kelce?  

Not saying Mahommes couldnt be great here on his own, just saying, would he be the 503 million dollar man here?

My bet would say we would have ruined him. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

I don't like the OP calling a player he doesn't like a psychopath, just because he got his feelings hurt, and I'm tired of guys starting these stupid Adams threads every few hours. All they're doing is looking for validation from the usual cast of characters.

I really think Jamal honestly felt like he didn't trust JD or Gase. When he gave the list of teams he would go to without a new contract, he convinced me. He already agreed to play under his old deal this year with Seattle.

All things considered this ended as well as it could for us. He was determined to shoot his way out of town. The ilk here has to put on their big boy pants and move on.

I was as big a supporter of Adams as anyone here but you have this wrong. It wasn't management,  he wanted off this team because he wanted to be on LSU again,  a winning program.  If he can't  handle being a Jet, screw him and stop making excuses. That video of him dancing by himself in his home was the last straw for me. 

Can we give the girl that gave Sam mono Jamals number?

• Haha 1