Jump to content
Rich

ESPN - Jamal Adams says he's excited to be with Seahawks, plan is to retire with franchise

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Nick Mangold is an all-time Jet.

Great reaction to Adams by Nick!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Such shame and embarrassment for anyone who thought Jamal Adams was the right draft pick. I can’t imagine the level of humiliation you’re experiencing right now.

@Pac

  • Post of the Week 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bradley McDougald has 10 career interceptions.

Jamal Adams has 2 career interceptions.

BabyLead > PrEz

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, slats said:

The Jets traded away Jamal Adams and their predicted win total dropped by two-tenths of a win. If they had traded Darnold, their predicted win total would've been cut in half, at least, if they were predicted to win even a single game at that point. 

Ehh.. you think the world views Darnold as that much better than Flacco this year ? We might drop from 6.5 to 5.5 but not 3 and certainly not 1

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

 Absolutely one of my all-time favorite Jets. Always Shoots Straight, always tells it like it is, what you see is what you get. I hope I have the opportunity to buy the guy a beer someday.

Also I hope someday soon the Jets realize this and employ this guy in some capacity as a representative. Maybe something similar to how Greg Buttle, Ray Lucas, and even Chad Pennington have hung around and given insight and they've done pre and post-game type stuff. I think he would excel in that capacity.

 But definitely cheers to Nick! He's a good dude and he is sorely missed.

Not sure Nick’s a corporate guy. Probably very content with his life. I agree though, he’d be a great ambassador 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Such shame and embarrassment for anyone who thought Jamal Adams was the right draft pick. I can’t imagine the level of humiliation you’re experiencing right now.

He was a great draft pick.  Three years of high quality play, 2 first a third and a starting safety minus a 4.   Granted 19 players in the first 3 rounds of that draft went to the pro-bowl and several players drafted after him are much more impactful but over all for Mac, hard to complain.  Mac was a turd of a GM and he didn't completely sh*t the bed with Jamal.  

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, but as Jetfans, we all know he's a lying sack of shjt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, CTM said:

Ehh.. you think the world views Darnold as that much better than Flacco this year ? We might drop from 6.5 to 5.5 but not 3 and certainly not 1

I do, and Flacco hasn't been cleared to play, yet. When Sam has been out the last two years, the offense has been completely incompetent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slats said:

The Jets traded away Jamal Adams and their predicted win total dropped by two-tenths of a win. If they had traded Darnold, their predicted win total would've been cut in half, at least, if they were predicted to win even a single game at that point. 

You really should have thought this through before posting it.

The only way your premise about a Darnold trade affecting win prediction in 2020 makes sense is if the Jets replaced him with a practice squad guy like they did last year.

Lets play your game, but use two FA QBs who signed cheap deals to be backups this year, Jameis Winston and Andy Dalton. I'd argue that if the Jets had traded Darnold, and signed either of these two to the same cheap deals, the Jets win/loss prediction wouldn't change. In fact, it might go up a few ticks for this season.

If you want to argue Darnold has the potential to be better than those two, fine, but don't act like Darnold has been a game changer the last two years. He hasn't.

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CTM said:

Ehh.. you think the world views Darnold as that much better than Flacco this year ? We might drop from 6.5 to 5.5 but not 3 and certainly not 1

 

The only way @slats argument makes sense is if the Jets replaced Darnold with Falk, Fales or McCown this year. 

If they signed Dalton or Winston to a cheap one year deal, the W/L prediction wouldn't be affected at all.

 

 

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Such shame and embarrassment for anyone who thought Jamal Adams was the right draft pick. I can’t imagine the level of humiliation you’re experiencing right now.

REQUIEM FOR MR COFFEE

mccagnancoffee.thumb.jpg.8ed472c2fd28dd35433a3a97fadaae8c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

You really should have thought this through before posting it.

The only way your premise about a Darnold trade affecting win prediction in 2020 makes sense is if the Jets replaced him with a practice squad guy like they did last year.

Lets play your game, but use two FA QBs who signed cheap deals to be backups this year, Jameis Winston and Andy Dalton. I'd argue that if the Jets had traded Darnold, and signed either of these two to the same cheap deals, the Jets win/loss prediction wouldn't change. In fact, it might go up a few ticks for this season.

If you want to argue Darnold has the potential to be better than those two, fine, but don't act like Darnold has been a game changer the last two years. He hasn't.

And yet, the Jets don't even have to add another player, let alone a former star, to replace Adams, and their wins expectation is essentially unchanged. I don't know what Dalton or Winston would actually bring, but I don't think it would be improvement. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, slats said:

And yet, the Jets don't even have to add another player, let alone a former star, to replace Adams, and their wins expectation is essentially unchanged. I don't know what Dalton or Winston would actually bring, but I don't think it would be improvement. 

I'm curious as to how the Seahawks win prediction changed, if at all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, slats said:

And yet, the Jets don't even have to add another player, let alone a former star, to replace Adams, and their wins expectation is essentially unchanged. I don't know what Dalton or Winston would actually bring, but I don't think it would be improvement. 

Your argument that having All Pro players on your team doesn't affect a W/L prediction isn't the same as me saying having All Pro players make your team better.

If a team loses a player for a season due to injury at any position, aside from a ELITE TOP TIER QB their W/L prediction isn't going to change very much. You can insert the name of any elite player you want, at any other position. Use Donald, Bosa, Thomas, Barkley... whoever. But having them healthy and playing makes your team better, no?

The only players who really move the needle in these projections are the rare guys like Lamar Jackson, Mahomes, Wilson, Brees or Rodgers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BUM-KNEE said:

I'm curious as to how the Seahawks win prediction changed, if at all?

Their expected win total increased three-tenths of a win. They gave up two first round picks+ for that. And this is the only year the trade is advantageous for them. Next year, they'll be feeling it when they have just one pick in the top 100 and the Jets have five. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

We're talking football here.

If a team loses a player for a season due to injury, or whatever at any position, aside from a ELITE TOP TIER QB their W/L prediction isn't going to change very much. You can insert the name of any elite player you want, at any other position. Use Donald, Bosa, Thomas, Barkley... whoever.

The only players who really move the needle in these projections are the rare guys like Lamar Jackson, Mahomes, Wilson, Brees or Rodgers. 

Donald and Bosa move the needle. At least one full win, and probably more for a guy like Donald in particular. Pass rushers are probably the second most important position on a football field after QB. SS comes in around the 20-22nd range. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, slats said:

Donald and Bosa move the needle. At least one full win, and probably more for a guy like Donald in particular. Pass rushers are probably the second most important position on a football field after QB. SS comes in around the 20-22nd range. 

I already cited Donald and Bosa as elite level players. Saying they're worth x amount of wins per year is nothing but fan speak conjecture. It's can't be proven that their replacements are worth one less win.

The same way I can't tell you for certain that Adams is worth one more win than MacDougal, you can't do it for them.

What I can do is tell you Adams is a better Safety, just like you can tell me Donald or Bosa would be better than their replacements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, slats said:

Their expected win total increased three-tenths of a win. They gave up two first round picks+ for that. And this is the only year the trade is advantageous for them. Next year, they'll be feeling it when they have just one pick in the top 100 and the Jets have five. 

High price to pay.

They better contend this year or....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, slats said:

Vegas says it's .2 wins. Getting two first round picks for such an inconsequential player is nothing short of amazing. 

There is nothing "amazing" about it at all.

As I'm typing this, the Seattle GM is on Pro Football Talk, and they put up a graphic showing the trade value chart. It turns out Seattle underpaid slightly.

I'm happy with the trade, but we didn't fleece anyone here. Schneider is nobodys fool. They got a 25 year old elite talent that his peers just voted the 31st best player in the game. We got two picks we have to hope work out for us in 3 years.

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

There is nothing "amazing" about it at all.

As I'm typing this, the Seattle GM is on Pro Football Talk, and they put up a graphic showing the trade value chart. It turns out Seattle underpaid slightly.

I'm happy with the trade, but we didn't fleece anyone here. Schneider is nobodys fool. They got a 25 year old elite talent that his peers just voted the 31st best player in the game. We got two picks we have to hope work out for us in 3 years.

Lol! Based on what? Maccagnan taking a SS at #6 overall? 

I know how the draft pick trade chart works. What that Seattle GM is trying to do is convince his team's fans that he didn't get robbed, because he did. Two first round picks for a $B'er is absurd. What's he doing? Giving next year's first a second round value and the following year's a third? The can rationalize all they want, but they won't have a first round pick until 2023. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, slats said:

Lol! Based on what? Maccagnan taking a SS at #6 overall? 

I know how the draft pick trade chart works. What that Seattle GM is trying to do is convince his team's fans that he didn't get robbed, because he did. Two first round picks for a $B'er is absurd. What's he doing? Giving next year's first a second round value and the following year's a third? The can rationalize all they want, but they won't have a first round pick until 2023. 

We can go in circles all day here with our message board GMing, but at the end of the day, two NFL GMs made a trade that was good for both teams. 

The Jets are a bottom level rebuilding team. One All Pro wasn't going to change that. We need to overhaul our roster to become a competitive team down the road, and those two #1's will help us do that.

Seattle on the other hand is a top level type team with a QB who might be the best in the game. They are trying to win a Super Bowl, and for a team like that adding a 25 year old All Pro to their defense is worth more than two lottery picks 3-4 years down the road.

Good talk.

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enough Ja-mal already, please.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Rich said:

For those in Seattle that dont speak Jamelese, luckily, I do.  

I want to be a Seahawk for life. 

Translation;

Its all smiles and good tidings today but if I dont have a contract by week 4, Im gonna trash the owner, coach and mascot while I text Dallas asking them to get me out of here. Its all luv and luv to all! 

Imagine if you met a girl on Monday and today, Thursday, she tells you she wants to be with you for life. Would you believe her?  Or would you immediately realize you needed to move, change your phone number and probably fake your own death? (what I like to call, the easy way out) 

This guy is a psychopath who would tell you anything based on his mood at the moment. Nothing that comes out of his mouth has even an once of sincerity. Sadly this will also end with poor, old Pete Carroll having to change his phone number.        

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29566098/jamal-adams-excited-seahawks-says-plan-retire-club?device=featurephone

 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2862591-jamal-adams-says-he-wants-to-be-a-jet-for-life-despite-prior-trade-rumors

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Yes it is, but apparently the Jamal haters still aren't over him.

They got their wish, he's gone, but the two 1st'round picks aren't enough. They still need to emote.

The only question is, who do they go after next (aside from Gase)? Will it be Sam or Quinnen?

Equal parts both.  

I'm not sure why all these Mets fans have decided that the codeword for their Jets fandom is "impatience".  They tolerate and worship losers like Rusty Staub and Mike Piazza, yet run 23 year old Mark Sanchez out of town.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry, was he @TheAdamsEra this whole time? I assumed it was @ Prez something.

rofl he's not much of an insufferable narcissist or anything, is he? Why not just make his Twitter handle: @TheRealJamalAdamsAKATheOnlyPlayerOnMyTeamWorthADamnTheRestOfYouSuckAndAlsoAmATeamFirstLeaderOfMen 

I'm sure he'll be deeply missed in the locker room

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to mention these draft pick chart guys fail to take in to account Ja-mal's rookie contract has 2 years left whereas actual draft picks have 5. I believe that is known as opportunity cost   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jamal is a bottom feeder whose highlights are against Stidham, Daniel Jones, and Matt Cassel. Absolutely loved the pick at the time and his game here but he never truly impacted the game in a meaningful way - that counts x100 against any halfway decent competition.... he did hit Gronk really hard once though.

He’s a complimentary piece and he’ll excel in that role in Seattle, but he was never changing anything here for us.

He’s proven himself to be batty and a negative locker room presence - his teammates don’t even like him. Time to let this guy go.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, slats said:

I do, and Flacco hasn't been cleared to play, yet. When Sam has been out the last two years, the offense has been completely incompetent. 

Darnold has statistically been a bottom 2-3 QB for 2 years. Why do you think non Jets fans would downgrade the teams prospects if he was repalced with a JAG.

With Fales fine, but with Dalton/Winston? it's likely out win total improve a bit

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, slats said:

The Seahawks over/under is 9 wins, the Jets is 7. Those numbers really haven't moved since the trade. The Seahawks aren't much better than they were last week, and the Jets aren't much worse. Next year, the Jets will have five picks in the top 100, Seattle will have one. We'll see how the trade looks next summer. 

IMO, Seattle has made a grave error here, one that they'll regret probably sooner rather than later. Jamal Adams, despite his reputation coming out of school, is an anti-leader. His teammates tolerate, but do not like him. Strong safeties are one of the least important/valuable positions in the NFL. Giving up two first rounders for one continues to be absurd. 

I get that you need to troll against anything that the majority of Jet fans are happy or optimistic about, but this was a bad trade for Seattle and a fantastic one for the Jets. 

Is it really that hard for you to have a civil conversation without playing the Troll card? You can't help yourself can you?

I thanked you for a "good talk", but you just had to get snarky. I'm as happy with the trade as you are, I just don't need to feel we fleeced Seattle to feel good about it. Apparently, you do, so go ahead.

At the end of the day I learned it isn't possible to have an adult level conversation with you. You're all about going for the nasty cheap shot, not having a discussion. Don't act surprised when this is the last post I quote you on, because I'm not going play this game with you again.

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Is it really that hard for you to have a civil conversation without playing the Troll card? You can't help yourself can you?

I thanked you for a "good talk", but you just had to get snarky. I'm as happy with the trade as you are, I just don't need to feel we fleeced Seattle to feel good about it. Apparently, you do, so go ahead.

At the end of the day I learned it isn't possible to have an adult level conversation with you. You're all about going for the nasty cheap shot, not having a discussion. Don't act surprised when this is the last post I quote you on, because I'm not going play this game with you again.

Good talk. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

You really should have thought this through before posting it.

The only way your premise about a Darnold trade affecting win prediction in 2020 makes sense is if the Jets replaced him with a practice squad guy like they did last year.

Lets play your game, but use two FA QBs who signed cheap deals to be backups this year, Jameis Winston and Andy Dalton. I'd argue that if the Jets had traded Darnold, and signed either of these two to the same cheap deals, the Jets win/loss prediction wouldn't change. In fact, it might go up a few ticks for this season.

If you want to argue Darnold has the potential to be better than those two, fine, but don't act like Darnold has been a game changer the last two years. He hasn't.

Dalton and Winston weren't remotely as good as Darnold last year.  Winston played with an all star team on O.  Dalton was benched outright.  You can make the argument but Darnold is way better now then either Dalton or Winston and Dalton is clearly fading.  

The Bengals had better Offensive personal than Sam had last year.  Winston arguably had one of the top 3 offensive teams around him in the league last year.  Sam had arguably the worst Offensive talent around him in the league.  You complete underestimate how good Darnold is.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...