Rich

ESPN - Jamal Adams says he's excited to be with Seahawks, plan is to retire with franchise

Trevor Siemian was a competent starter for the Broncos and he looked worse than Luke Falk behind this OL. Not sure if you remember but Falk actually gave the offense a boost when he came in initially. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

You really should have thought this through before posting it.

The only way your premise about a Darnold trade affecting win prediction in 2020 makes sense is if the Jets replaced him with a practice squad guy like they did last year.

Lets play your game, but use two FA QBs who signed cheap deals to be backups this year, Jameis Winston and Andy Dalton. I'd argue that if the Jets had traded Darnold, and signed either of these two to the same cheap deals, the Jets win/loss prediction wouldn't change. In fact, it might go up a few ticks for this season.

If you want to argue Darnold has the potential to be better than those two, fine, but don't act like Darnold has been a game changer the last two years. He hasn't.

I can't agree with your assumptions that Andy Dalton or Winston would make this team better.  

There is a reason that they were looking for a new team.  Darnold knows Gase's system, and any other QB coming here doesn't.  We must assume that Darnold's stock is going up, while the other 2 guys might be going down.  

Even if Tom Brady suddenly became a Jet tomorrow, it would be foolish to assume that the Jets would have more wins this season.  Tom is 42 years old, and there is a reason he no longer plays for New England, even if others don't want to see it.

The Jets were 1-7 last year, and when Darnold came back and was healthy, they ended up 6-2.

Who would have done better than Darnold?  I don't have confidence that anyone else would have done better.

• Upvote 2

I can't agree with your assumptions that Andy Dalton or Winston would make this team better.  
There is a reason that they were looking for a new team.  Darnold knows Gase's system, and any other QB coming here doesn't.  We must assume that Darnold's stock is going up, while the other 2 guys might be going down.  
Even if Tom Brady suddenly became a Jet tomorrow, it would be foolish to assume that the Jets would have more wins this season.  Tom is 42 years old, and there is a reason he no longer plays for New England, even if others don't want to see it.
The Jets were 1-7 last year, and when Darnold came back and was healthy, they ended up 6-2.
Who would have done better than Darnold?  I don't have confidence that anyone else would have done better.
Fair I don't have confidence anyone would have done worse with cupcake schedule. Bengals .. man ... The freaking Bengals.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, slats said:

My point is that we removed Jamal Adams from the roster and the strength of the team didn't really change. The team's expected win total remained virtually the same. If you simply remove Darnold, the expected wins total would drop significantly. Sure, you could try to find a replacement QB that would shore that up, but you didn't even really need to replace Adams to maintain the status quo. 

I posted in another thread how Seattles super bowl odds didn't change with the JA acquisition. I agree on that point.

I dont think Darnold is viewed as even a replacement level player yet by anyone who deals in statistics and isnt homer 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

14 hours ago, Beerfish said:

If there is one holy truth on these forums or any sports forums for that matter is that the 'time to move on' crowd are almost always the ones that were 100% dead wrong on the thing or player being discussed.

@Trolly McTrollface

You neglected to respond to this point. 

1922783361_download(4).jpeg.2070348e2db1b89e4818248981f09cf2.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

My point is that we removed Jamal Adams from the roster and the strength of the team didn't really change. The team's expected win total remained virtually the same. If you simply remove Darnold, the expected wins total would drop significantly. Sure, you could try to find a replacement QB that would shore that up, but you didn't even really need to replace Adams to maintain the status quo. 

Somewhat amusing to watch these guys admit that an alleged A+++ safety picked at 6 overall is worth roughly the same as Joe Flacco and thinking this is amazing dunk on Jamal haters

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Such shame and embarrassment for anyone who thought Jamal Adams was the right draft pick. I can’t imagine the level of humiliation you’re experiencing right now.

He was.  He gave us 3 good years and then gave us a haul for trading him.  Better than most of our 1st round picks of past.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

make it stop my little pony GIF

You always struck me as a Brony.

Evil Smile GIF by memecandy

6 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I was as big a supporter of Adams as anyone here but you have this wrong. It wasn't management,  he wanted off this team because he wanted to be on LSU again,  a winning program.  If he can't  handle being a Jet, screw him and stop making excuses. That video of him dancing by himself in his home was the last straw for me. 

Can we give the girl that gave Sam mono Jamals number?

In all seriousness I think we agree on Jamal at this point,  there is no one other than Jamal I could see legit dancing out the door like that. If he was who he claimed to be he could have helped this team turn it around. Instead he stayed true to himself.

He was a fraud and I'm happy to take the return we got in this trade for him and never talk about him again. I think the threads will slowly ramp down eventually but every few months one of us knuckleheads will post some dumb **** he does, until then I'll roll in the mud here with the pigs.

I've talked **** about Jamal long enough and would be glad to move on. These boards won't let that happen though. There is nothing they love more than a dead horse to beat or a previous horrible hot take to drag people with.😂

unnamed.jpg.0e0c83810798b655460f53922addd8e5.jpg

17 hours ago, heymangold said:

You can’t “thumb down” this when you know it’s true.  I was a Jamal supporter just like you but this is this guys MO.  Say the right stuff but when it goes wrong, watch the fck out.

@Trolly McTrollface its time to give up the shtick.  You've lost heymangold.  Hence, you've lost the war.  

• Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Nick Mangold is an all-time Jet.

Nick Mangold one of my favorite all-time NY Jets calls it like he sees it. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Nick Mangold one of my favorite all-time NY Jets calls it like he sees it. 

CB4E56ED-231F-4ECC-921E-5496A09735C1.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

CB4E56ED-231F-4ECC-921E-5496A09735C1.jpeg

The thought of you having all bare chested former and current NY Jets players pictures on your computer scares me. 

I bet this is your favorite. 

Image result for jamal adams shirtless pics

@T0mShane

triggered GIF

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Trolly McTrollface its time to give up the shtick.  You've lost heymangold.  Hence, you've lost the war.  

I couldn’t believe you’ve been upvoting some of my recent posts - now that JA is gone everyone can be friends again. Hahah.

• Haha 3

Pretty much just what he said here from day one through the early winter and then July

49 minutes ago, heymangold said:

I couldn’t believe you’ve been upvoting some of my recent posts - now that JA is gone everyone can be friends again. Hahah.

It's better to be late to the party than to never arrive at all.  Like Pac and Trolly.

• Haha 2

image.gif.87138d60681cc28073df882e2fc90cde.gif

jamal when he rereads his tweets

• Haha 2

image.gif.61f6d6b4e7bd039f79e1a5bb973a4f19.gif

7 hours ago, slats said:

Vegas says it's .2 wins. Getting two first round picks for such an inconsequential player is nothing short of amazing. 

You forgot the 3rd Rd pick AND a pretty much adequate replacement haha.

• Upvote 1

Russell Wilson and Bobby Wagner are in the HOF already!  I did not know this.  😙

There has never been a faker dude that has played for this team in my life time. All the more confidence I have in JD, convinced under pervious GMS they would of caved under the pressure and paid em. Or taken less then what they should of got in a trade. Joe handled it perfectly and got more then we should of got for him. Very un Jets like. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Rich said:

I want to be a Seahawk for life. 

For the 'life' of the contract, maybe.

12 hours ago, slats said:

The Jets traded away Jamal Adams and their predicted win total dropped by two-tenths of a win. If they had traded Darnold, their predicted win total would've been cut in half, at least, if they were predicted to win even a single game at that point. 

With no Sam the jets would go 0-16 next season

we probably make the playoffs without Jamal Adams

On 7/30/2020 at 8:50 PM, Aaron Hernandez said:

"I'm here to elevate everything around me. I'm here to just be a surge of energy, of positivity, and good force. A great teammate and to bring out the best of everyone around me cause we all know it's not just about me."

– Antonio Brown at his introductory Raiders presser.

Hahaha, well I guess being a true narcissist means you dont even realize what you are.   

Jamal Adams said, "We have to move on. It’s part of the business. A lot of those guys and coaches reached out. They said they’re going to miss and they love me. It’s the same back. I’m pulling for those guys over there. I really am. I have no hate in my heart toward anybody. Joe (Douglas), Adam Gase, it doesn’t matter. I really wish them well.”

4a48kf.jpg.3eafc1dff68f96edd39d69afae60e1c1.jpg

• Haha 1

Let's be honest, which scenerio would you rather have:

A. Everything happens exactly how it has happened so far. JA traded, Sam got mono, all that good stuff.

B. Hypothetical situation for arguments sake, Jamal gets hurt week 1 along with Mosley but Darnold never catches mono. Everything else stays the same.

Does anyone honestly think we only win 1 game thru the 1st half of the season with a healthy Sam? Reastically probably finish 8-8 or 9-7, maybe with a few lucky bounces even better.

23 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Fair I don't have confidence anyone would have done worse with cupcake schedule. Bengals .. man ... The freaking Bengals.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Take any less than mobile QB and they probably would have done worse than Sam.