Cimini-Jets no interest in Clowney

ESPN Jets reporter Rich Cimini reports the Jets have "no interest" in free agent Jadeveon Clowney.

The Jets-Clowney connection has been generating some social media buzz in recent days following the trade of Jamal Adams that brought back S Bradley McDougald from the Seahawks. McDougald, of course, played with Clowney in Seattle last season and said he'd be "go to bat" for Clowney to get him to the Jets. However, it doesn't sound like it's in the cards at the moment, per Cimini. Gang Green has long lacked edge-rushing talent, and Clowney would be a huge get for that defense. Clowney has also previously expressed interest in playing in the New York City market.

RELATED: 

•  

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

We’re in full rebuild mode.  They’re not trying to field a competitive team this year.  

Anyone that thinks we’re going to sign any good players is just not paying attention.

Next they will begin the liquidation process, for when they force Woody to sell the team to J-Rod.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

We’re in full rebuild mode.  They’re not trying to field a competitive team this year.  

Anyone that thinks we’re going to sign any good players is just not paying attention.

True. Nothing says tanking like losing .2 percent of a win by trading Jamal. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Team archer said:

Idk if your kidding but if Sam has a bad year..would JD want to get his own QB? 

I certainly hope so, and trust me... I'm not kidding.

Neither he nor Gase has any ties to Darnold. This is his 3rd year, It's time. 

So far he hasn't even been as good as Trubisky was in his first two. The last thing I want to do is have to sit through the '21 and '22 seasons reading about how Sammy is actually good, it's everyone else's fault he plays so badly.

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

ESPN Jets reporter Rich Cimini reports the Jets have "no interest" in free agent Jadeveon Clowney.

The Jets-Clowney connection has been generating some social media buzz in recent days following the trade of Jamal Adams that brought back S Bradley McDougald from the Seahawks. McDougald, of course, played with Clowney in Seattle last season and said he'd be "go to bat" for Clowney to get him to the Jets. However, it doesn't sound like it's in the cards at the moment, per Cimini. Gang Green has long lacked edge-rushing talent, and Clowney would be a huge get for that defense. Clowney has also previously expressed interest in playing in the New York City market.

RELATED: 

•  

ESPN Jets reporter Rich Cimini reports the Jets closing in on a deal with Seahawks for 2 first round picks for Jamal Adams.

Oh wait, that headline doesn't exist because cimini knows nothing about what's happening at Jets headquarters.

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

In any case.....

Logan Ryan and Everson Griffen on 1-year deals, please.

Word up. Those 2>Clowney.  He’s good but hopefully Henry Anderson bounces back and can pretty much provide equal impact. Clowney has not lived up to the hype. Save the cash for a rainy day and get a legit pass rusher.

• Sympathy 2

27 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

So far he hasn't even been as good as Trubisky was in his first two. The last thing I want to do is have to sit through the '21 and '22 seasons reading about how Sammy is actually good, it's everyone else's fault he plays so badly.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooo

17 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Word up. Those 2>Clowney.  He’s good but hopefully Henry Anderson bounces back and can pretty much provide equal impact. Clowney has not lived up to the hype. Save the cash for a rainy day and get a legit pass rusher.

Clowney, Ryan and Griffen aren't the type of players JD is looking for in '20.

They will not come cheap, and we are in the midst of a teardown, rebuild. He's made it clear he wants to rebuild through the draft, and in the meantime will fill out the roster with cheap one year deal type players.

If you believe in Douglas and his program, you'll just have to bite the bullet for a year or two.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Mostly your fault but yes and agreed. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

You are clueless. You really are. I normally ignore your idiocy.

5 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Boooooooooooooooooooooooo

I know, right?

Don't hate the messenger though, take a look at their numbers.

If we're bad enough this year to be in a position to make a move for Fields or Lawrence, that means Darnold never progressed and had a bad year.

After 50+ years of following this team, I'm not like the young guys here. I don't have 25 years of seasons left, and I don't want to waste 5 more of them watching Sam and the Jets trying to justify what we gave up to get him.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

I know, right?

Don't hate the messenger though, take a look at their numbers.

If we're bad enough this year to be in a position to make a move for Fields or Lawrence, that means Darnold never progressed and had a bad year.

After 50+ years of following this team, I'm not like the young guys here. I don't have 25 years of seasons left, and I don't want to waste 5 more of them watching Sam and the Jets trying to justify what we gave up to get him.

I’m confused, what does 50 years of watching the Giants have to do with the Jets?