Any details on how testing will work during the season?

Has the NFL given details on how it will work? I think only having one game a week makes things easier than with the MLB .

I think If you don’t practice on Saturday and have players quarantine in hotels 2 days per week it will work. I imagine something like ... (for a 1pm game)

Tuesday - Friday: players tested daily but practice held same day even with 1 day test lag, players can live at home 

Saturday AM team tested and then quarantined in hotel (home or away) no practice

Sunday AM - test results provided and players are bused to stadium 

Sunday after game - Team tested then bused to hotel for quarantine 

Monday am - test results provided and players allowed to go home, no practice 

Just now, nico002 said:

Has the NFL given details on how it will work? I think only having one game a week makes things easier than with the MLB .

I imagine something like ... (for a 1pm game)

Tuesday - Friday: players tested daily but practice held same day even with 1 day test lag, players can live at home 

Saturday AM team tested and then quarantined in hotel (home or away) no practice

Sunday AM - test results provided and players are bused to stadium 

Sunday after game - Team tested then bused to hotel for quarantine 

Monday am - test results provided and players allowed to go home, no practice 

Sorrento Therapeutics/ Columbia University have a saliva test that is submitted for Emergency Use Authorization. Hopefully, by the time the season starts, it will be approved. 

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Huh? We need less testing

LOL, not sure what world you are living in. 

The NHL is testing constantly, keeping players in a "bubble" and things are going to go perfectly:

TSN's Darren Dreger reported that from the league's latest round of COVID-19 tests zero players have tested positive in the two bubbles. According to Dreger, 1,500 tests were given per day in each hub city since Sunday. He added that the tests were able to be processed in 24 hours or less.

Zero NHL players tested positive for COVID-19 in the league's previous round of tests conducted from July 18-25 before teams left for the hub cities as well.

If the NFL tries to do this half-assed like MLB they will suffer the same fate as the MLB which is a messed up season. You can't trust these players and even the ones you trust will accidentally get infected by a spouse/kid if they are allowed to to go home. 

You have the massive amount of testing also put in place to insure that if a player somehow still tests positive, you can quickly isolate him before he spreads it throughout his entire team.