Sign in to follow this  
Jetsfan80

Ryan Fitzpatrick sees players gravitating to Tua Tagovailoa

4 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

In 2016 Fitz on this board was one of the most hated players in Jets history. 

Yeah.  And I haven't changed my opinion on him one bit.  I just don't voice it because he's everybody's favorite league journeyman & "Hav'aad grad."

3 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

I'm not into blaming him or one player because of week 17 against the Bills that year. On that day the entire team did not show up to play. And it was still a very close game. My criticism of Fitz is he was never a smart player even though he could do a Rubik's cube. But he unlike really good NFL Qbs who knew their limits and would play within their talent level (and win games) he always pushed it too far and that leads to turnovers. He's not alone even Namath did it threw too much too often. There were times he had to do it when the team was way behind and he got killed for it and that wasn't really fair. He threw into traffic hoping to make big plays in those cases playing from behind it was legit and smart.  He wasn't afraid to take the heat, get the bad stat if he had a chance to win. But if he teaches Tua anything teach him to not be like Fitz. 

Part of life is knowing your limitations.  Some of us are born knowing we won't do certain things because we don't have what it takes.  The failure to accept this or acknowledge this is a kind of desperate pathetic reality.  There are only a handful of people who can be a franchise quarterback.  That's a scientific fact.  And that changes with time.  But it"s true.  There are also only a certain amount of drummers on this earth who can play Frank Zappa's composition the Black Page.  Because it's so darnn hard. 

And... only a certain amount of Bradys, Wilson's and Rogers...who will get you to the playoffs.  And worth paying because they can get you to the playoffs regularly.  But not Fitz.  He isn't even an Alex Smith or Josh Allen.

He has always been bombing around the league after that one job on a team that was going nowhere.  Or looking for that one team with a QB situation just uncertain enough for him to seizure it.  So he can show everybody again that he can make enough single reads or take enough hits to have a big game.  But never be able to sustain it because he doesn't have the ability.  And then grumble amd ruminate like a character in a Shakespeare play.  He earned himself a lot if dough.  He also has a complex.

"The cycle of Fitz." 

Freud would have a field day.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company