Sign in to follow this  
Jetsfan80

Ryan Fitzpatrick sees players gravitating to Tua Tagovailoa

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

He shouldn’t ever be missed.

Most productive Jets QB in a single season ever.  The last time prior to him we had a top 10 Offense was 1998.

Did you watch McCown play?  Or Geno?  Or the jokes we played when Darnold went down?

Here is something that can't be over-rated:  Jets Fans irrational loathing of a QB who was legitimately fun, played hard as any Jets QB in ages, throws his body away to get that extra yard, was a team-first guy all the way, and provided the ONLY Offensive competitive fun the Jets have seen in 20+ years now. 

And why did they hate him?  For wanting a few bucks after producing the best season at QB this moribund franchise had seen to that point, one of the few seasons we've ever had in modern Jets history where we actually looked like an NFL offense.  The failure of 2016 was by the GM, not by Fitzpatrick.  And since JN LOVES to play the "take away the Pats game and Darnodl was great" game, lets play that for Fitz too, take away the Chiefs game.  And lets not forget that Fitz lost half the team to injuries in 2016....or is having a sh*t support only an excuse for golden boy Darnold?

Jets fans will irrationally and incorrectly credit Marshall and Decker for 2015.....both of whom washed out of the league not long after that great 2015 season, because both were basically done as NFL players when Fitz and our O-line raised them up and provided both of them with best single seasons of their careers.  It was quite clearly a group effort, unlike post-Fitz hater propaganda.  

McCown sucked, Geno sucked, and Darnold, so far, has yet to be as good as Fitz where it counts, production.  Darnold gets alot of love, and some of the most flowery language this side of romantic poetry from Jets fans, but he's not in Fitz ballpark yet in terms of actual on-field production.

Fitz has turned minimal physical talent into a 15 year NFL career.  He's always been there when #1 QB's go down, which for some crazy reason Jets Fans think is a BAD thing.  I sure as hell would have rather had Fitz last year for those Darnold-less games than Simien or Falk or Fales.  

Damn right I missed Fitz, because I had to watch McCown, and Bryce Petty, and too many games where Darnold wasn't available since then.  

Lets be honest, a team that has sucked like us at QB, and been losers ever since, has little room to bitch about the only QB to give us a decent offense in two decades.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

lol ok

He's either good enough or not good enough.

He was good enough to be the most productive QB in your or my lifetimes as a NY Jet.  And the last QB to lead a decent NY Jets Offense, the only one to do so since 1998, over 20 years ago now.

He was good enough that he could have started here since 2016 all the way thru 2018, and we'd have had better records than we did in every single one of those years.

Better than Geno Smith or a career backup like McCown, but still not good enough, is nothing to look back upon with nostalgic reverence.

As opposed to Sam "Insert all the possible Compliments" Darnold, who has yet to hit average production, much less earn ANY of the various compliments he gets every day here?

Please, spare me the lecture as to who I should or should not look back fondly upon.  

Particularly when he had such a cakewalk schedule of unparalleled good weather

As opposed to losing to the 0 win Dolphins and 0 win Bengals, setting a new NFL record, like Sam Darnold, right?

You play the schedule you're given.  

If you want to argue that Fitzpatrick is a better backup QB than Falk.....

I would argue exactly what I already argued:  Fitz was better than Geno, better than Mike Vick, better than Petty, better then McCown, better than Simiean, better than Fales, better than Falk and better in terms of production, at least to-date, than Darnold.  

When I look fondly at a player (ffs we have a "Thank You Brian Winter" Thread on this very board today, WINTER ffs!) I tend to like guys with great attitudes, who play hard Pete Rose style, who was fun to watch, who helped us be competitive, and produced one of our only decent offensive and QB production seasons since the f'ing 90's.  

Yes Sperm, I look VERY fondly at having a top 10 offense.

Seems I've touched a nerve.

Not really.  I can write 10,000 words at the drop of a hat mate, same as you.  

I simply will never understand the hatred (and I use that word consciously, it IS hatred for many) of Fitzy, given his tenure here.  One great productive fun year, one year where most of the Offense got hurt and we disappointed.  

Given the sh*t show that's followed, and who the alternate option was when he was here (yes, that's Geno Smith) one might think the hard playing, good natured guy who produced would be seen fondly.....or at least neutrally. 

That one year was the most fun I've had as a fan since the two Rex Ryans AFCG runs.  It's been a boderline nightmare since then.

But nope, near universal hatred and constant sh*t talk.  While we have "We will miss you Trever Simianananan" threads and their ilk here all the time.  It's a bloody laugh.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

Thank you for classifying my emotions for me, telling me which humans I love and hate. 

As opposed to you telling me who and what I should recall fondly? 

Respectfully, you can jog on with that faux-sensitivity, mate.

All I said is he sucks

And all I said is that he was better than almost everything we've had since.  

And more fun to watch than pretty much everything we've had since.

And more productive and competitive than pretty much everything we've had since. 

Put another way, I am hoping (because it's no sure thing) that our beloved golden boy #1 draft pick that cost us 3x other picks to get and is now in his third year......can at least MATCH the fun and productivity of what Fitz produced in 2015.

.....he's not the type of QB I miss or look back upon with fond memories, nor yearn to.

I miss fun.  I miss productivity.  I miss being a top 10 offense.  I miss a QB who actually threatens the pathetic "best ever" Jets QB season production.

If you don't...ok. 

Weird.  But ok.

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Warfish loves Kirk Cousins, and still wishes he had signed here for $33M per year fully guaranteed.

Enough said.  

Only because he's better than Sam Darnold and wouldn't have cost us four top draft picks to get.  Just cap space we could have afforded. 

But yeah, how embarrassing, right?  To like a legitimately productive top-10 franchise QB who would have been threatening the all-time-best Jets QB production records on day 1, who could want that?

Unlike so many of you, my fondness isn't earned by "potential" and dreamy doe-eyed flowery rhetoric, it's earned by actual on-field production.   

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

@Warfish I get why you look back fondly upon 2015.  You seem to have forgotten that he was here in 2016 too, made a whole bunch of money and blew donkeys.  McCown, and Darnold have been considerably better than 2016 Fitzpatrick, despite not having Brandon Marshall, Eric Decker or Quincy Enunwa. 

Doesn't he get any credit for that bottom 5 offense in 2016?

Brandon Marshall, who was horrible in 2016, and quickly out of the NFL afterwards, whose best year in the NFL was with Fitz?

Eric Decker, hurt all year in 2016, and quickly out of the NFL afterwards, whose best year in the NFL was with Fitz?

Those two all time greats? :-k 

Quincy Enunwa?  Seriously, lol.  A guy who is loved still by many Jets fans for a hell of alot less (at a hell of alot more cost) than Fitz, lol.

Yes, Fitz deserves alot of criticism for 2016, no doubt about it.  So does the GM, who penny pinched rather than signing Fitz (or not, that would have been valid too, but waiting to sign Fitz so late was fatal that year).  So does the God of Injuries, who screwed us in 2016 the same way he screwed us in 2019, you almost might think we have a Trainer issue with franchise as often as injuries is a killer for us.

McCown flat out wasn't a better QB.  That's just a laugh.  McCown was a cheaper, poor man's Fitz, after all.  A worse Journeyman.

It's all good, everyone hates the only QB who ever came close to exceeding Joe Namath for single-season production.  It's all his WR's (except is wasn't), it was all the easy schedule (just like 1969, oops, no one likes to talk about that do they), we're better off losing endlessly with McCown got it.  And Darnold is an all-time great already, got that too.

I side with keeping Fitz (over McCown), signing Cousins and drafting Deshaun Watson.  If I were GM, that's our QB's these past years.

You guys side with Geno, McCown and Darnold (without the three picks it took to get him).  I get it.  

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company