Jetsbb

CJ Mosley advocated to let players go out and socialize plus didn't want an NFL bubble.

His tweets don't make it seem like he was so concerned about getting Covid. He was advocating for less protections to prevent the spread of Covid among players. Remember he actually pocketed a 10 million bonus this year.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Post of the Week 1

He already received most of his 2020 money in the bonus.

Loser opted out to guarantee himself a few more dollars.

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 3

If JD can trade this offseason just get rid of him for whatever you can get. Sick & tired of the Jets getting nothing for their money in free agency! 

Revis, Trumaine Johnson, Mosely. Ugh 😑

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 3

4 minutes ago, Jetster said:

If JD can trade this offseason just get rid of him for whatever you can get. Sick & tired of the Jets getting nothing for their money in free agency! 

He can’t trade him. Unfortunately the Jets are going to be stuck with this guy until 2022. 

• Thumb Down 2

2 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

He can’t trade him. Unfortunately the Jets are going to be stuck with this guy until 2022. 

Why can't they trade him? Haven't we already paid him a large portion of his salary? 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

Dont forget kelechi osemele

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Exactly.  Thank you.  At least someone agrees with my take here.  I'm thinking a lot of this Mosley rage is pure fan-selfishness.  Everyone ascribing bad motives to him.  His past tweets showed tremendous concerns for what actions the NFL was going to take, not only for players, but also for the rest of the team's staff

Yup.  If Nathan Shepherd had opted out nobody would have batted an eye.  Although, he'd probably get criticized too because, "he doesn't get paid much and getting the opt out money isn't a huge drop-off for him."

Complainers just like to complain.  They'll always find a reason.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Mosley is solid, if his groin recovers he will be back next year, if not he will retire, unlikely he plays another down at full strength for the NY Jets or anyone else, but it could happen and would great for the franchise, we saw how good he was for 3 quarters.  If does retire we paid him a lot for those 3 quarters, but you can't fault Mosley.

• Thumb Down 2

JD needs to finish cleansing this franchise of Mac mistakes. I don't care if we gotta include a draft pick to salary dump him on a franchise who can absorb his contract while gaining a draft pick.

• Upvote 4

Advocated?

gotta call bullsh*t 

CJ Mosley and Yoenis Cespedes thinking alike. 

Just let that sink in for all the CJ Mosley defenders. 

• Thumb Down 1

9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Where does it say hes not concerned with COVID?

When he said he didn't like the social rules prohibiting players going out plus didn't want a bubble like the NBA. What did he need to spell it out for you word for word to get what he was implying? A bubble would have prevented him from sitting out while still collecting his 10 million bonus.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Seems like he was very concerned about COVID.

Mosley, by all accounts, loves football and showed great leadership even while injured last season and in the offseason.

He's the last guy I expected to opt out. But he clearly is very concerned about the virus, so he took the option that the NFL and NFLPA presented the players with.

As a fan, it sucks, but as a human it's entirely understandable.

Yeah, he is very concerned about his health, that is why he chose to play an extremely violent sport with high rates of head trauma for a living. Dude just doesn't need to play. He got paid, will get his money the next couple of years. 

If he had to forgo his salary this year he would magically be OK with playing. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 1

I’m pretty sure he’s talking about social issues aka BLM/kneeling. Either way I don’t see how he is “clearly” saying anything, that is one of the most confusing tweets I’ve ever read.

Let's face it, we all knew when Macc signed this guy for all that money it was not going to work out.

We just didn't see a global pandemic coming.

2 minutes ago, nico002 said:

I’m pretty sure he’s talking about social issues aka BLM/kneeling. Either way I don’t see how he is “clearly” saying anything, that is one of the most confusing tweets I’ve ever read.

It'd be nice if the Jets beat team could get a comment out of him. I'm sure they wont.

15 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yeah, he is very concerned about his health, that is why he chose to play an extremely violent sport with high rates of head trauma for a living. Dude just doesn't need to play. He got paid, will get his money the next couple of years. 

If he had to forgo his salary this year he would magically be OK with playing. 

Playing the sport risks his personal health, and is his choice. Football players know the personal risks they take on the field.

COVID is a risk to everyone, and doesn't let you have a choice. From Mosley's statement, it appears as though potential risk to his family is what has caused him to opt out.

I don't know his family circumstances - none of us do - but I respect the decision, if he has someone high risk in his family that he is seeking to protect by opting out.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, Dcat said:

Exactly.  Thank you.  At least someone agrees with my take here.  I'm thinking a lot of this Mosley rage is pure fan-selfishness.  Everyone ascribing bad motives to him.  His past tweets showed tremendous concerns for what actions the NFL was going to take, not only for players, but also for the rest of the team's staff

Of course fans are goingto project their macho fantasies....    

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Playing the sport risks his personal health, and is his choice. Football players know the personal risks they take on the field.

COVID is a risk to everyone, and doesn't let you have a choice. From Mosley's statement, it appears as though potential risk to his family is what has caused him to opt out.

I don't know his family circumstances - none of us do - but I respect the decision, if he has someone high risk in his family that he is seeking to protect by opting out.

Well let's start with the fact (as best as I can tell from a limited search) that he is single and has no kids.  It was a bit confusing at first, but I believe the other C.J. Mosley (DT) is married but not the one on the Jets.  So if that's true, then I'm having a little bit harder of a time feeling for him.

• Upvote 3

These guys have families. Totally understand why they dont want to play.. Us football fans don't seem to understand. Dont think Mosley is caking it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, FlightBoyz said:

These guys have families. Totally understand why they dont want to play.. Us football fans don't seem to understand. Dont think Mosley is caking it. 

Except Mosley isn't married and has no kids.  This ain't Antonio Cromartie we're talking about.

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Whenever players have opted out due to specific family concerns, like Solder, you heard about it right away. It was part of their announcement. With Mosley it was just a random press release. No mention of family. You would think a player letting down his teammates, franchise and fanbase would get out out in front of a situation like this and give those specific concerns. 

This just feels like a dude who just rather collect his paycheck next year...which is his right, but the fanbase doesn't have to like it. 

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Thank you...

How is this even a discussion?

The NFL has a policy this year that allows players to opt out of playing due to a Global Pandemic and people are criticizing him for taking it????

No one has to tell you about their PRIVATE LIFE!  Why?  Cause it is PRIVATE!!

That means .......it is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

Mosley is not doing anything wrong here and his reasons for opting out don't have to meet your approval, you are not at ANY RISK because of his decisions, period!

GOOD GRIEF!!!!! :( 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 2

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Whenever players have opted out due to specific family concerns, like Solder, you heard about it right away. It was part of their announcement. With Mosley it was just a random press release. No mention of family. You would think a player letting down his teammates, franchise and fanbase would get out out in front of a situation like this and give those specific concerns. 

This just feels like a dude who just rather collect his paycheck next year...which is his right, but the fanbase doesn't have to like it. 

Let's see if he's okay with playing next season for just $7.5MM because he already collected his roster bonus for this season.  Frankly, that was a terrible loophole in the structure of the opt-out.  He had the right to do it, but the Jets got burned.

1 hour ago, mrcoops said:

Seems like he was very concerned about COVID.

Mosley, by all accounts, loves football and showed great leadership even while injured last season and in the offseason.

He's the last guy I expected to opt out. But he clearly is very concerned about the virus, so he took the option that the NFL and NFLPA presented the players with.

As a fan, it sucks, but as a human it's entirely understandable.

My only concern is that its 2 years removed with no football.  What level of player will we be getting back after 2 years with basically 0 contact or play?  Other than that I have 0 issues with a player opting out due to safety reasons.