Jetsbb

CJ Mosley advocated to let players go out and socialize plus didn't want an NFL bubble.

Aka I got the bag.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nico002 said:

I’m pretty sure he’s talking about social issues aka BLM/kneeling. Either way I don’t see how he is “clearly” saying anything, that is one of the most confusing tweets I’ve ever read.

It'd be nice if the Jets beat team could get a comment out of him. I'm sure they wont.

13 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Whenever players have opted out due to specific family concerns, like Solder, you heard about it right away. It was part of their announcement. With Mosley it was just a random press release. No mention of family. You would think a player letting down his teammates, franchise and fanbase would get out out in front of a situation like this and give those specific concerns. 

This just feels like a dude who just rather collect his paycheck next year...which is his right, but the fanbase doesn't have to like it. 

I mean he finessed the Johnson’s. He ain’t the first to do it. Good money if you can get it. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, CTM said:

Can someone explain to me why anyone cares if a player decides to sit out? I dont get it.  I actually agree its being overly cautious but if the guy isnt comfortable playing we should respect that 

I mean in this particular case I think it's because the dude finessed the team. Dont hate the player hate the game...but he swindled the Johnsons for 30 million and 3 quarters of play.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Yeah, his injury, and the coronavirus as a whole, was just a scam perpetuated by Mosley to get that money.  

Props to him for having an agent getting the Johnson's and Maccagan to tie the majority of his pay to roster bonuses. He got that money. As Bobby Axe said- what's the point in having FU money if you never say FU?

• Upvote 1

Just now, JiF said:

I just read the thread of tweets or whatever and I'm still not sure what you're reading but it seems very clear he's frustrated that he didnt have a say in the NFL/NFLPA's response to safety measures and that the measures in place are all geared toward the players and not the coaches and owners.

The bubble seemed comment seemed more geared toward the difference between the NBA and the NFL.

Maybe Im totally reading it wrong, but I read it as him being annoyed the rules revolve around the players while the owners, coaches etc have carte blanche to keep living their lives they way they'd like to. 

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

How so? Is the point that because the bulk of his pay was a roster bonus that he made most of his money for year already and it cost him comparatively little to sit out?

If so good on him, I might share your disapproval if he was campaigning for nobody to play after his good fortune but he doesnt seem to be 

Yes him and his agent finessed the Jets. Good on him I guess. If the Johnson's were hoping their money would go to better use, I can imagine them being a little ticked off. But they signed off on it...seems like the Ravens allowed the Jets to keep upping the ante, similar with the Pats and Revis coming back. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, CTM said:

They signed the deal. I'm sure if they could somehow screw the players they would 

Sure at the end of the day it's on the Johnson's. Taking on another teams player with a boatload of guaranteed money is always risky. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

What Nate Solder did was over the top awesome.  I am not saying every player should be held to that standard or anything close to it.  He went beyond what would be reasonable to expect, but I think he put a lot of players' and fans' minds at ease that he gave this thought, had solid reasons, and wished all of them well this year.  This is the absolute gold standard for how a player might choose to approach this situation.

When a star player opts out, it is a nice gesture to say something to the team and fans.  Mosley hasn't done this yet.  Maybe he will but the optics aren't stellar and a little criticism isn't completely unwarranted.  Hell, even Jamal found it in his heart to say something nice to the fans on the way out.  Now there's a low bar for you.

I'd lower your expectations to be honest. It's not how it works...at least not anymore. The media and many of the players resent the fans. It is what it is. What Solder did isnt to be expected. 

19 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

This sounds like a lot more then just a “covid” related decision. Honestly sounds like he’s lost the passion to play with the way he keeps saying find that flame again. 

BIG MAC

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I agree with you. I don't like Mosley opting out, yet I also believe 100% in wearing mask inside businesses and stores.  Wow. 

Most do. I don’t see the mask thing being an issue. It’s going to get play when someone videos someone wigging out as if it’s the norm. 

10 minutes ago, Biggs said:

If I had an injury that ended my season, needed surgery and banked a huge payday, I would definitely think twice about playing again.  This is a rare case where the player actually has the upper hand.  If Mosley was just another guy and after season ended injury and surgery could no longer play at a high level he would get cut.  Nobody would question the Jets motive.

Forgetting the virus which is likely to end the season anyway, the information on CTE should give every player to at least consider how insane what they are doing is.  Any player who has banked enough to get out who doesn't seriously consider it are simply in denial.   

Mosley to his credit got himself in position to make choices.  That's rare in the NFL where players are drafted, slotted and usually wash out before getting a big payday.  

The hate for Mosley in this thread is typical of the self hatred most of us have for ourselves because we are trapped.  Mosley isn't trapped. He can actually do what's best for himself.  He's living the American Dream.   The hatred and self hatred is evident everywhere in this thread.  Mosley actually pulled himself up and no longer has to play by the same rules that we do.  He's financially independent.  

A lot of words here. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, bitonti said:

if 2020 taught us anything, it's that we are all going to live forever /sarcasm

the endless rebuild continues

some players want to win games. some players are just in it for the money

mosely already has his ring. He already has his money. they aren't contenders in 2020, why bother?

In typical Jets fashion the most notable and highest paid player opting out is a a Jet.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company