Jetsbb

CJ Mosley advocated to let players go out and socialize plus didn't want an NFL bubble.

3 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

When he said he didn't like the social rules prohibiting players going out plus didn't want a bubble like the NBA. What did he need to spell it out for you word for word to get what he was implying? A bubble would have prevented him from sitting out while still collecting his 10 million bonus.

Yeah, he doesn’t feel protected from COVID, doesn’t feel the right precautions are being implemented.  And if they right ones were being taken that would lower the risk to him and ultimately his family he might not have opted out.

Doesnt seem all that crazy to me, it’s pretty clear

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsbb said:

He was advocating for LESS Protections!!!!!

I think you need to reread with a clear head.  
He said it’s not the NBA you can’t practice football or play football In a bubble.  So What? A whole thread about nonsense to help justify blaming Mosely for opting out?  OK

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

7 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

Conveniently ignoring his first tweet where he explicitly lays out his position. He was complaining about the restrictions on players from going out to bars and gatherings.  His bubble comment was in reference to his first tweet. He meant that you can't put players in a bubble you need to let them go out and mingle with the public the coronovirus be damned. It looks like he opted out because he wouldn't be able to party outside of football not because he was worried about getting the virus.

The first tweet?  Where hes saying they had no say and all the rules are for the players not anyone else 

What off the wall did you come up with when you interpreted that one?  In neither tweet do we hear anything you claim to have read.  This thread is garbage in every way because youre putting words in someones mouth.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

21 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I’d love to see a list of players that received huge bonuses B4 the opt out plans came into affect. 
If you got 10 million in March for playing 1 half of football would you play? 
I think I saw he’s made 29 million for 2 quarters of football with the Jets. That has to be an NFL contract RECORD per snap played! 
1,000,000 per snap 😂
Only the New York Jets. 

Not if I had health concern at home

How much money would be your sell out paint, at what point would you tell your wife however that youre going to put their health or maybe their lives at risk?

WTF is it with the money?  They were paid before this was real and things dont seem a little different in the world than in in early march. 

17 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

I didn't need to interpret it I just had to read it. This tweet was in direct reference to the report players would be fined for going out to bars and partying. You are  taking only a snippet of his tweet and than extrapolating it to a general comment about not having say in his "safety." NO he was explicitly complaining about the "prohibited social issues" "what players can't do" and "we can't be in a bubble." 

And that the coaches, owners etc dont have any rules.

So?  Doesnt say he wants to go out to bars and party.  Nowhere does he come close to saying that

Youre making this up to fit some point that Mosely is wrong and missing the mark by a mile.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, TnT said:

Millions and Millions and Millions of dollars and he’s worried about what his bosses are or are not doing.

Seems like a swell guy.

Yeah because how much money determined es how much control you want over health issues.

I mean come on, for that money I would die.  Who wouldn't 🙄

14 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Whenever players have opted out due to specific family concerns, like Solder, you heard about it right away. It was part of their announcement. With Mosley it was just a random press release. No mention of family. You would think a player letting down his teammates, franchise and fanbase would get out out in front of a situation like this and give those specific concerns. 

This just feels like a dude who just rather collect his paycheck next year...which is his right, but the fanbase doesn't have to like it. 

Lets see, it was reported by Cimini

The reason in the first line was over health issues with family.

Not everyone feels the urge to bring up their families health issues.  Probably why their are laws against it

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I keep saying this, and you keep missing it, so one more time.

C.J. Mosley is not married and does not have kids.  I don't know if he lives with his parents, but it's not unreasonable to assume that is not the case.  Something is off-base with his tweet versus the reality you are trying to paint.  Yes, he has the right to opt out, and he exercised it.  It's also a bad look in his case without context and I think there's a lot of justification for fans (and teammates) to be disappointed.  Not sure why you're digging in to defend him specifically.

And you know all this how?  Who knows his private life well enough to question his motives.  Athletes never have a parent or parents living with them.  Has to be a wife, can’t have a girlfriend living with them?  

Because you dont know you keep saying hes making this up or worse.  Why?  Because he just cant say I want to quarantine and the NFL hasn't come up with ways to protect us?  Because he didnt feel the need to give away his situation to the world, didnt want to be that open on twitter?  HIPPA laws don’t come into effect if you are a player that we want to play ball? 

We bitch and moan about players talking too much on twitter until they dont.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

CJ Mosley and Yoenis Cespedes thinking alike. 

Just let that sink in for all the CJ Mosley defenders. 

That’s so wrong

And there’s nothing to defend, he’s following the rules of the new CBA

25 minutes ago, TnT said:

Whatever CJ’s issues are, it doesn’t have anything to do with what coaches and management are doing...it should just stop at “hey, I don’t feel comfortable with that” versus all that extra stuff...comes off as disingenuous. 

Yeah because why should he?  Nothing here sounds disingenuous when fans bitch and moan about fears over a deadly disease, when they moan about how players view the way the NFL has chosen to protect.  Because you know, if the entire staff does whatever that want, get it and pass it on who cares.  
What’s really even more disingenuous is the bs outrage in this post that just says I want my football, my good players playing and make believe there are reasons other than that and dressing it up as something else that was never said 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, TnT said:

Whatever CJ’s issues are, it doesn’t have anything to do with what coaches and management are doing...it should just stop at “hey, I don’t feel comfortable with that” versus all that extra stuff...comes off as disingenuous. 

Yeah because coaches picking up COVID and passing on has nothing to do with anything

Theyre allowed to opt out.  
Disingenuous is actually comical.  No mater how many times you repeat it. Especially when all the whining is what’s disingenuous 

1 hour ago, TnT said:

Waaaaaahhhhhh

Youre bitching much more than I did.

You called him disingenuous without having and idea if he was.  Bec cause you assume he is.  Because you want him to play and nothing more that that for a reason., But hes disingenuous.

I'm not bitching, I'm just calling it for what it is

6 minutes ago, TnT said:

Can you please point out where I said I wanted him to play?

You called him disingenuous.  

Youre bitching about a man not playing but you never wanted him to play

Move on 

13 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

LMAO at all the people defending Mosley. Dude just checked out on the organization for a year.  

12 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Agreed, yours is invalid. Now what? I assume you think mine is invalid. 

See you can't just proclaim an opinion you don't like invalid. You can disagree but you have to accept the reality that your own opinions may be wrong. That's what a debate is. This is a message board. We have differing opinions. It's why these threads aren't one reply long.

So which is, we can have opinions and should accept the reality that our own opinions could be wrong or LMAO at people who's opinion is that COVID is no joke to some and can understand there is and should be real fear.  

But you know, thats funny.  Somehow.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Every can have an opening even if they're laughable.

So opinions should be accepted unless you criticize them by calling then laughable? 

In other words your opinions are opinions so cant be challenged but others opinions are fair game?

And of course Moselys opinion about the risk to a family member by COVID is completely unacceptable and challengeable 

Gotcha

54 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

He is comparing what the players being told what they can't  do to coaches and owners

He is building an argument that the players are receiving  unfair treatment in comparison.  IOW's, if you are not restricting them, we should  not be restricted.. He sounds just like these people complaining about their freedom being infringed upon because they are asked to wear a mask before entering a store or restaurant.  

Actually I think hes saying he had no input and wants to know why players restrictions are different than for coaches and owners.'

Maybe he cant figure out how if players restrict themselves they cant get COVID by being in close contact with coaches.

I dont hear him saying hes against any restrictions or feels his freedoms are infringed on.

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

First off by Mosley making any comments  about owners and coaches just shows he isn't  very smart. The players are put into different situations than the coaches and the owners, especially  the owners. It is common sense that coaches would have a different set of rules than players because of the way they interact. A lot would be the same but there would be differences hence they would have a coaches only call to address their situation. Owners are basically the same as a fan with better access to team so they need to follow state mandates like wearing a mask when you are at work or at a place of business. 

Secondly, the tweet has an air of discontent.  He seems to be complaining the treatment is not equal and is unfair. It's  almost has if he thinks the owners and coaches have a better deal in this than the players. 

Whats the difference with coaches, who can catch COVID just like players and spread it to a team.  
He doesn’t seem to be doing anything different than stating facts, coaches and players have different protocols and the players had no choice in what they were.    You can dream up airs of discontent but I’m not getting any complaints about who got the better deal, don’t even know what a better deal is, more restrictions or fewer?  Want COVID or want to be protected 

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

He is comparing what the players being told what they can't  do to coaches and owners

He is building an argument that the players are receiving  unfair treatment in comparison.  IOW's, if you are not restricting them, we should  not be restricted.. He sounds just like these people complaining about their freedom being infringed upon because they are asked to wear a mask before entering a store or restaurant.  

He didn’t say a word about unfair treatment.  Just that there are differences and players didn’t have a say in the decision making process.  

Not seeing how saying you weren’t involved in the process means he’s complaining that players are getting treated unfairly 

6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

he said it doesn't  add up. What else could that mean other than you are not treating is in a fair manner. 

It could mean exactly what the words mean, he didn’t, no players he heard of, where involved in whatever decisions were made.  
I tend to believe most of what people say is truthful and don’t look for what I think they mean when nothing points to anything differently.  He said players weren’t involved.  They weren’t, fact.  You’ve decided it means he’s saying they weren’t being treated in a fair manner.  
I don’t see it and don’t agree, that’s all

59 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

He also said the player are told what they can't  do and nothing about the coaches and owners. He is pointing  out a difference in treatment  there. Right after that he said it doesn't  add up. If you want to interpret that he was saying that about the players not being involved in setting rules about how they are going to prevent the spread of a virus, have at ot, but that would be a very disjointed conversation  since he stated another thought after he made the players comment and then said it doesn't  add up.

Again, exactly what he said and facts.  The players were told, had no say.  Again thats what I said.  I.m not interpreting anything, I keep quoting his words and you keep saying "but he clearly meant".

Youre reading between the lines, really not getting it.  If he wanted to say what youre thinking he mean, he would have said it, even thats not a big deal.  Hes not whining so its not that important in the grand scheme of things

6 hours ago, Jetster said:

Self hatred? Lol, the hatred is for an organization that for years makes the same stupid mistake of making another free agent the highest paid at his position.

So if he were a drafted player it would be different in some way?

You'd be OK with someone  drafted wanting to be safe vs a FA signing.  FAs should risk their health because what, they were plaid?  Back to that, the amount of safety a player should look for is inversely proportional to how much money they make?

We never should have signed players this year, should have foreseen the pandemic hitting/

Come on with the money aspect, it has noting to do with it.  Anymore that the outrage over FA signings.  

5 hours ago, bitonti said:

the Jets traded their best player, their only top 100 player their only all pro etc and CJ was like screw this 

if they aren't going to try this year, why should he? 

fans will say as long as Darnold develops it won't be a lost season

i don't know how much developing Darnold can do when the defense can't get off the field 

does "Garbage time" count as developing? 

If you believe this you dont understand how football players think.  

Mosely doenst give a damn about Adams.  Players get hurt, Adams could have been hurt

Like CJ a year ago.  Anyone quit?  Even as injuries piled up  with key players

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, bitonti said:

if 2020 taught us anything, it's that we are all going to live forever /sarcasm

the endless rebuild continues

some players want to win games. some players are just in it for the money

mosely already has his ring. He already has his money. they aren't contenders in 2020, why bother?

Because theyre football players and to get to that level most play because its in them, a part of them.  Nothing about Mosely has led us to believe hes in it for the money.  So, yes, I may be the dumb one here but when someone tells me they have a child and theres a reason that COVID scares them to the point where they give up millions, I just believe them at face value.  Nothing wrong with those who want to believe hes all about the money, somehow, but I'll go with Moselys words

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company