Jump to content
Jetsbb

CJ Mosley advocated to let players go out and socialize plus didn't want an NFL bubble.

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Whenever players have opted out due to specific family concerns, like Solder, you heard about it right away. It was part of their announcement. With Mosley it was just a random press release. No mention of family. You would think a player letting down his teammates, franchise and fanbase would get out out in front of a situation like this and give those specific concerns. 

This just feels like a dude who just rather collect his paycheck next year...which is his right, but the fanbase doesn't have to like it. 

I mean he finessed the Johnson’s. He ain’t the first to do it. Good money if you can get it. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Except Mosley isn't married and has no kids.  This ain't Antonio Cromartie we're talking about.

Your right about that

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

CJ Measly blows

Finally someone tells it like is. Thank you!!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

When he said he didn't like the social rules prohibiting players going out plus didn't want a bubble like the NBA. What did he need to spell it out for you word for word to get what he was implying? A bubble would have prevented him from sitting out while still collecting his 10 million bonus.

Yeah, he doesn’t feel protected from COVID, doesn’t feel the right precautions are being implemented.  And if they right ones were being taken that would lower the risk to him and ultimately his family he might not have opted out.

Doesnt seem all that crazy to me, it’s pretty clear

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, he doesn’t feel protected from COVID, doesn’t feel the right precautions are being implemented.  And if they right ones were being taken that would lower the risk to him and ultimately his family he might not have opted out.

Doesnt seem all that crazy to me, it’s pretty clear

He was advocating for LESS Protections!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

I mean he finessed the Johnson’s. He ain’t the first to do it. Good money if you can get it. 

I could just imagine MoWilk, Revis, Trumaine, CJ, and Lev Bell getting together for a reunion dinner 5 years from now-toasting to Johnson’s and McCagnan. 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jetsbb said:

He was advocating for LESS Protections!!!!!

I think you need to reread with a clear head.  
He said it’s not the NBA you can’t practice football or play football In a bubble.  So What? A whole thread about nonsense to help justify blaming Mosely for opting out?  OK

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thank you...

How is this even a discussion?

The NFL has a policy this year that allows players to opt out of playing due to a Global Pandemic and people are criticizing him for taking it????

No one has to tell you about their PRIVATE LIFE!  Why?  Cause it is PRIVATE!!

That means .......it is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

Mosley is not doing anything wrong here and his reasons for opting out don't have to meet your approval, you are not at ANY RISK because of his decisions, period!

GOOD GRIEF!!!!! :( 

He is a malingerer.  Did it last year, and is doing it this year.  Sometimes if it walks and quacks like a duck, it is a duck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next season, They should mandate that you have to opt out before the signing bonus kicks in.  A lot less guys will opt out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

He said can’t. Like the teams are way bigger, so they can’t do what nba is doing. He’s saying it’s apples and oranges. Like it wot work the same. 

Dumb spin thread.

 

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I think you need to reread with a clear head.  
He said it’s not the NBA you can’t practice football or play football In a bubble.  So What? A whole thread about nonsense to help justify blaming Mosely for opting out?  OK

Conveniently ignoring his first tweet where he explicitly lays out his position. He was complaining about the restrictions on players from going out to bars and gatherings.  His bubble comment was in reference to his first tweet. He meant that you can't put players in a bubble you need to let them go out and mingle with the public the coronovirus be damned. It looks like he opted out because he wouldn't be able to party outside of football not because he was worried about getting the virus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone explain to me why anyone cares if a player decides to sit out? I dont get it.  I actually agree its being overly cautious but if the guy isnt comfortable playing we should respect that 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Millions and Millions and Millions of dollars and he’s worried about what his bosses are or are not doing.

Seems like a swell guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not really bothered, ILB isn’t a problem area. It’s just another notice of how bad of a GM Mike Maccagnan was.

All his big ticket signing have been utter failures. Marry that with his inability to Draft for sh*t, and you get the 2020 NYJets.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CTM said:

Can someone explain to me why anyone cares if a player decides to sit out? I dont get it.  I actually agree its being overly cautious but if the guy isnt comfortable playing we should respect that 

 I mean in this particular case I think it's because the dude finessed the team. Dont hate the player hate the game...but he swindled the Johnsons for 30 million and 3 quarters of play.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

 I mean in this particular case I think it's because the dude finessed the team. Dont hate the player hate the game...but he swindled the Johnsons for 30 million and 3 quarters of play.

Yeah, his injury, and the coronavirus as a whole, was just a scam perpetuated by Mosley to get that money.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2020 at 5:46 PM, Jetsbb said:

His tweets don't make it seem like he was so concerned about getting Covid. He was advocating for less protections to prevent the spread of Covid among players. Remember he actually pocketed a 10 million bonus this year.

 

What?   How did you interpret this?   He insulting the NFL for saying that the players didnt have a say in their own safety.

my gawd people. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Yeah, his injury, and the coronavirus as a whole, was just a scam perpetuated by Mosley to get that money.  

Props to him for having an agent getting the Johnson's and Maccagan to tie the majority of his pay to roster bonuses. He got that money. As Bobby Axe said- what's the point in having FU money if you never say FU?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d love to see a list of players that received huge bonuses B4 the opt out plans came into affect. 
If you got 10 million in March for playing 1 half of football would you play? 
I think I saw he’s made 29 million for 2 quarters of football with the Jets. That has to be an NFL contract RECORD per snap played! 
1,000,000 per snap 😂
Only the New York Jets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, JiF said:

What?   How did you interpret this?   He insulting the NFL for saying that the players didnt have a say in their own safety.

my gawd people. 

I didn't need to interpret it I just had to read it. This tweet was in direct reference to the report players would be fined for going out to bars and partying. You are  taking only a snippet of his tweet and than extrapolating it to a general comment about not having say in his "safety." NO he was explicitly complaining about the "prohibited social issues" "what players can't do" and "we can't be in a bubble." 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

 

Conveniently ignoring his first tweet where he explicitly lays out his position. He was complaining about the restrictions on players from going out to bars and gatherings.  His bubble comment was in reference to his first tweet. He meant that you can't put players in a bubble you need to let them go out and mingle with the public the coronovirus be damned. It looks like he opted out because he wouldn't be able to party outside of football not because he was worried about getting the virus.

The first tweet?  Where hes saying they had no say and all the rules are for the players not anyone else 

What off the wall did you come up with when you interpreted that one?  In neither tweet do we hear anything you claim to have read.  This thread is garbage in every way because youre putting words in someones mouth.

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

I didn't need to interpret it I just had to read it. This tweet was in direct reference to the report players would be fined for going out to bars and partying. You are  taking only a snippet of his tweet and than extrapolating it to a general comment about not having say in his "safety." NO he was explicitly complaining about the "prohibited social issues" "what players can't do" and "we can't be in a bubble." 

 

I just read the thread of tweets or whatever and I'm still not sure what you're reading but it seems very clear he's frustrated that he didnt have a say in the NFL/NFLPA's response to safety measures and that the measures in place are all geared toward the players and not the coaches and owners.

The bubble comment seemed more geared toward the difference between the NBA and the NFL.

   

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and the bottom line no matter how you interpret his tweet?  WHO CARES!!!!   It's not your choice, it's his.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JiF said:

I just read the thread of tweets or whatever and I'm still not sure what you're reading but it seems very clear he's frustrated that he didnt have a say in the NFL/NFLPA's response to safety measures and that the measures in place are all geared toward the players and not the coaches and owners.

The bubble seemed comment seemed more geared toward the difference between the NBA and the NFL.

   

Maybe Im totally reading it wrong, but I read it as him being annoyed the rules revolve around the players while the owners, coaches etc have carte blanche to keep living their lives they way they'd like to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I’d love to see a list of players that received huge bonuses B4 the opt out plans came into affect. 
If you got 10 million in March for playing 1 half of football would you play? 
I think I saw he’s made 29 million for 2 quarters of football with the Jets. That has to be an NFL contract RECORD per snap played! 
1,000,000 per snap 😂
Only the New York Jets. 

Not if I had health concern at home

How much money would be your sell out paint, at what point would you tell your wife however that youre going to put their health or maybe their lives at risk?

WTF is it with the money?  They were paid before this was real and things dont seem a little different in the world than in in early march. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

I didn't need to interpret it I just had to read it. This tweet was in direct reference to the report players would be fined for going out to bars and partying. You are  taking only a snippet of his tweet and than extrapolating it to a general comment about not having say in his "safety." NO he was explicitly complaining about the "prohibited social issues" "what players can't do" and "we can't be in a bubble." 

 

And that the coaches, owners etc dont have any rules.

So?  Doesnt say he wants to go out to bars and party.  Nowhere does he come close to saying that

Youre making this up to fit some point that Mosely is wrong and missing the mark by a mile.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Maybe Im totally reading it wrong, but I read it as him being annoyed the rules revolve around the players while the owners, coaches etc have carte blanche to keep living their lives they way they'd like to. 

That's what I typed...he's frustrated because the players didnt get a say in the decision and ultimately the outcome.

I get it, the players cant do anything but the coaches and owners can?  How does that not put everyone at risk?  NFL teams have over 30 coaches/assistants, etc.   How is it safe to let them roam free and then come back to a team that has been isolated.  It makes no sense. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Not if I had health concern at home

How much money would be your sell out paint, at what point would you tell your wife however that youre going to put their health or maybe their lives at risk?

WTF is it with the money?  They were paid before this was real and things dont seem a little different in the world than in in early march. 

I keep saying this, and you keep missing it, so one more time.

C.J. Mosley is not married and does not have kids.  I don't know if he lives with his parents, but it's not unreasonable to assume that is not the case.  Something is off-base with his tweet versus the reality you are trying to paint.  Yes, he has the right to opt out, and he exercised it.  It's also a bad look in his case without context and I think there's a lot of justification for fans (and teammates) to be disappointed.  Not sure why you're digging in to defend him specifically.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TnT said:

Millions and Millions and Millions of dollars and he’s worried about what his bosses are or are not doing.

Seems like a swell guy.

Yeah because how much money determined es how much control you want over health issues.

I mean come on, for that money I would die.  Who wouldn't 🙄

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I opt out of work for C19 concerns at home?

It’s his decision, peeps just mad because Mike Maccagnan fooked up by signing this guy in the first place, because he can’t draft for sh*t.

 It’s the Johnson’s fault Also, for not firing his ass sooner, and letting him run the Draft, and Free agency. We have a running back that can’t run, that’s a bigger issue.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...