CJ Mosley advocated to let players go out and socialize plus didn't want an NFL bubble.

Jetsbb

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

What Nate Solder did was over the top awesome.  I am not saying every player should be held to that standard or anything close to it.  He went beyond what would be reasonable to expect, but I think he put a lot of players' and fans' minds at ease that he gave this thought, had solid reasons, and wished all of them well this year.  This is the absolute gold standard for how a player might choose to approach this situation.

When a star player opts out, it is a nice gesture to say something to the team and fans.  Mosley hasn't done this yet.  Maybe he will but the optics aren't stellar and a little criticism isn't completely unwarranted.  Hell, even Jamal found it in his heart to say something nice to the fans on the way out.  Now there's a low bar for you.

I'd lower your expectations to be honest. It's not how it works...at least not anymore. The media and many of the players resent the fans. It is what it is. What Solder did isnt to be expected. 

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

So your defense is that Mosley is sad that no one listened to him therefore, as fans, we should shut up and not have an opinion about it? 

You realize we all know that he has a "right" to opt out. We all get that. It's whether he is a good teammate for opting out  given his situation. 

Maybe you should post in the correct thread and read before running your jib.  This thread isnt about being a good teammate nor have I made a single comment about him being a teammate. This particular thread is about about why he's sitting out and how fans are vilifying him for an interpretation of a tweet.  And how some fans in this thread are calling him a "POS" for his decision.   I dont think that's fair.  If you want to rail on him for it, have at it...but I'm going to respond and give my counter.  If you dont want to hear my counter, this isnt the right place for you.

And my only point in this entire debate is...it doesnt matter what yours or my opinion of his decision is because it's his decision and not ours. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, nycdan said:

What Nate Solder did was over the top awesome.  I am not saying every player should be held to that standard or anything close to it.  He went beyond what would be reasonable to expect, but I think he put a lot of players' and fans' minds at ease that he gave this thought, had solid reasons, and wished all of them well this year.  This is the absolute gold standard for how a player might choose to approach this situation.

When a star player opts out, it is a nice gesture to say something to the team and fans.  Mosley hasn't done this yet.  Maybe he will but the optics aren't stellar and a little criticism isn't completely unwarranted.  Hell, even Jamal found it in his heart to say something nice to the fans on the way out.  Now there's a low bar for you.

He was supposed to be the leader of our defense....the captain abandoned his ship with a suitcase full of money. He has nothing close to a situation like Nate Solder. He's a selfish individual and I would struggle accepting him back as a teammate next year.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Exactly. Given Solder's situation, no one would have even demanded a well reasoned explanation. But he still felt morally compelled to explain himself to the fans and his teammates. Clearly not an easy decision for him to make. 

Mosley couldn't do the same because it would be comical for him to post his crappy reasons for not playing. It would look something like this:

"Um, I know every other player on the teams faces the same challenges as me and is making a sacrifice this year, but I am special and don't want to play because then I will miss my family BBQ in September. No worries, I will  be back  next year to collect my check." 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

12 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

He is a malingerer.  Did it last year, and is doing it this year.  Sometimes if it walks and quacks like a duck, it is a duck. 

Hmmmmmm DC Greg Williams doesn’t seem to say that......

https://www.google.com/amp/s/jetswire.usatoday.com/2020/06/29/jets-dc-gregg-williams-impressed-cj-mosley-leadership/amp/

Read and let me know what you think! ?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, JiF said:

Maybe you should post in the correct thread and read before running your jib.  This thread isnt about being a good teammate nor have I made a single comment about him being a teammate. This particular thread is about about why he's sitting out and how fans are vilifying him for an interpretation of a tweet.  And how some fans in this thread are calling him a "POS" for his decision.   I dont think that's fair.  If you want to rail on him for it, have at it...but I'm going to respond and give my counter.  If you dont want to hear my counter, this isnt the right place for you.

And my only point in this entire debate is...it doesnt matter what yours or my opinion of his decision is because it's his decision and not ours. 

But it’s a message board. It’s all just fans opinions. Like Jo Jo said, pretty much everybody gets that he has the right. 

Just now, Charlie Brown said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/jetswire.usatoday.com/2020/06/29/jets-dc-gregg-williams-impressed-cj-mosley-leadership/amp/

Didn't Greg Williams defend Jamal Adams. Don't coaches always defend their players in the public because if they don't they risk losing that player? 

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Didn't Greg Williams defend Jamal Adams. Don't coaches always defend their players in the public because if they don't they risk losing that player? 

Fair point...... but in this case GW wasn't defending anyone!

To me, that article has nothing to do with defending CJ. 

CJ Mosley wasn't seen as a bum, but as an injured player and GW referred to him as such.

GW was simply stating his real time observations and why he was excited to have CJ Mosley back on the field.

36 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Does sound convincing about putting off the surgery.  I mean why get a surgery when nothing is wrong with you.  Not impressed with Measly at all.

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah because how much money determined es how much control you want over health issues.

I mean come on, for that money I would die.  Who wouldn't ?

Whatever CJ’s issues are, it doesn’t have anything to do with what coaches and management are doing...it should just stop at “hey, I don’t feel comfortable with that” versus all that extra stuff...comes off as disingenuous. 

25 minutes ago, TnT said:

Whatever CJ’s issues are, it doesn’t have anything to do with what coaches and management are doing...it should just stop at “hey, I don’t feel comfortable with that” versus all that extra stuff...comes off as disingenuous. 

Yeah because why should he?  Nothing here sounds disingenuous when fans bitch and moan about fears over a deadly disease, when they moan about how players view the way the NFL has chosen to protect.  Because you know, if the entire staff does whatever that want, get it and pass it on who cares.  
What’s really even more disingenuous is the bs outrage in this post that just says I want my football, my good players playing and make believe there are reasons other than that and dressing it up as something else that was never said 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, TnT said:

Yeah because coaches picking up COVID and passing on has nothing to do with anything

Theyre allowed to opt out.  
Disingenuous is actually comical.  No mater how many times you repeat it. Especially when all the whining is what’s disingenuous 

2 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

I knew you were. Your sarcasm was clearly directed to those who aren't C.J. Mosley apologist. With that said, did anyone else besides you actually say C.J. Mosley was a POS? Just curious.

huh  I didnt say it.  Others have.  I quoted one post with it.

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah because coaches picking up COVID and passing on has nothing to do with anything

Theyre allowed to opt out.  
Disingenuous is actually comical.  No mater how many times you repeat it. Especially when all the whining is what’s disingenuous 

Simmer down.

deal with your emotions elsewhere bro.

i wasn’t overly critical, I just stated my opinion.

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah because why should he?  Nothing here sounds disingenuous when fans bitch and moan about fears over a deadly disease, when they moan about how players view the way the NFL has chosen to protect.  Because you know, if the entire staff does whatever that want, get it and pass it on who cares.  
What’s really even more disingenuous is the bs outrage in this post that just says I want my football, my good players playing and make believe there are reasons other than that and dressing it up as something else that was never said 

Waaaaaahhhhhh

Youre bitching much more than I did.

1 hour ago, TnT said:

Waaaaaahhhhhh

Youre bitching much more than I did.

You called him disingenuous without having and idea if he was.  Bec cause you assume he is.  Because you want him to play and nothing more that that for a reason., But hes disingenuous.

I'm not bitching, I'm just calling it for what it is

16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You called him disingenuous without having and idea if he was.  Bec cause you assume he is.  Because you want him to play and nothing more that that for a reason., But hes disingenuous.

I'm not bitching, I'm just calling it for what it is

Can you please point out where I said I wanted him to play?

4 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

This sounds like a lot more then just a “covid” related decision. Honestly sounds like he’s lost the passion to play with the way he keeps saying find that flame again. 

He took the money and ran.

Sounds like he's retired already. 

BUM

22 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

This sounds like a lot more then just a “covid” related decision. Honestly sounds like he’s lost the passion to play with the way he keeps saying find that flame again. 

This is not a good look for CJ.  He does look like he's checking out and grabbed himself a going away gift of $150k.  On the other hand, if he doesn't play next season, it would be interesting if the Jets were entitled to claw back the roster bonus they paid him in March.  Anyone know how that rule works?

• Upvote 1

So I read the article and it said something I did not know.  He has a son.  That was unusually difficult to find on the Internet, which is usually giving with both hands on personal information about celebrities.  So I'll give him at least a partial pass for that, which I was unaware of earlier.  Obviously I don't know any details of who is raising him so I can't judge.  Many NFL players have children and are playing, but this may be a more unique type of situation.  

In any case, I hope it's what he says it is, and not him losing his passion for the game.  I guess we'll know in a year.