CJ Mosley advocated to let players go out and socialize plus didn't want an NFL bubble.

Jetsbb

19 minutes ago, nycdan said:

This is not a good look for CJ.  He does look like he's checking out and grabbed himself a going away gift of $150k.  On the other hand, if he doesn't play next season, it would be interesting if the Jets were entitled to claw back the roster bonus they paid him in March.  Anyone know how that rule works?

Well for one, the 150 isn’t his. He has to pay that back. It’s more of a loan. Second, that roster bonus is done with. Nothing you can do. If they didn’t wanna pay that, he should have been cut. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

So I read the article and it said something I did not know.  He has a son.  That was unusually difficult to find on the Internet, which is usually giving with both hands on personal information about celebrities.  So I'll give him at least a partial pass for that, which I was unaware of earlier.  Obviously I don't know any details of who is raising him so I can't judge.  Many NFL players have children and are playing, but this may be a more unique type of situation.  

In any case, I hope it's what he says it is, and not him losing his passion for the game.  I guess we'll know in a year.

It would appear that Mosley is a private dude and doesn't feel he owes strangers on the internet an explanation of his family life. This appears to be angering the hardo wannabe-doctor crowd, which is a bit entertaining to watch tbh. It's honestly making me a fan of the guy. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It would appear that Mosley is a private dude and doesn't feel he owes strangers on the internet an explanation of his family life. This appears to be angering the hardo wannabe-doctor crowd, which is a bit entertaining to watch tbh. It's honestly making me a fan of the guy. 

Yeah, some of us have opinions. I am sure somewhere in your 92 thousand posts there is an opinion or two.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

This sounds like a lot more then just a “covid” related decision. Honestly sounds like he’s lost the passion to play with the way he keeps saying find that flame again. 

LMAO at all the people defending Mosley. Dude just checked out on the organization for a year.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yeah, some of us have opinions. I am sure somewhere in your 92 thousand posts there is an opinion or two.

Not all opinions are valid.  His personal life is his personal life, and family is off limits (or should be). 

I guess if insane speculation that accomplishes nothing is what people like to do, have at it?

2 hours ago, nycdan said:

This is not a good look for CJ.  He does look like he's checking out and grabbed himself a going away gift of $150k.  On the other hand, if he doesn't play next season, it would be interesting if the Jets were entitled to claw back the roster bonus they paid him in March.  Anyone know how that rule works?

Hypothetically speaking as much as it would likely bother many to see the highest paid Jet hold onto to 10 million in bonus dollars...the optics of the Johnsons trying to claw back money from a player should he choose to retire a year following a Covid opt out, would not be a good look for the Johnsons. 

It's a perfect storm for CJ to jump into a lifeboat and head to a safe harbor; Covid and an owner under public & NFL scrutiny for alleged toxic/racist remarks.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not all opinions are valid.  His personal life is his personal life, and family is off limits (or should be). 

I guess if insane speculation that accomplishes nothing is what people like to do, have at it?

Agreed, yours is invalid. Now what? I assume you think mine is invalid. 

See you can't just proclaim an opinion you don't like invalid. You can disagree but you have to accept the reality that your own opinions may be wrong. That's what a debate is. This is a message board. We have differing opinions. It's why these threads aren't one reply long.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

Hypothetically speaking as much as it would likely bother many to see the highest paid Jet hold onto to 10 million in bonus dollars...the optics of the Johnsons trying to claw back money from a player should he choose to retire a year following a Covid opt out, would not be a good look for the Johnsons. 

It's a perfect storm for CJ to jump into a lifeboat and head to a safe harbor; Covid and an owner under public & NFL scrutiny for alleged toxic/racist remarks.

F that PR nonsense. As long as the contract is legit and he signed it under normal conditions, if there is a way to prove it was in bad faith and they can recover the money, they should absolutely do it. 

3 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

This sounds like a lot more then just a “covid” related decision. Honestly sounds like he’s lost the passion to play with the way he keeps saying find that flame again. 

Just our luck to find the guys who lose their passion after getting a massive payday. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

People of color have a higher rate of all the wrong things related to Covid. I can’t say I blame anyone for making the best judgement for themselves. As long as he operated within the scope of his deal I can’t really find anything wrong with what he did. But again if he did pull a fast one he needs to pay it back or they bury him 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

15 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

He better find "that flame" for 17M a year! 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

LMAO at all the people defending Mosley. Dude just checked out on the organization for a year.  

12 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Agreed, yours is invalid. Now what? I assume you think mine is invalid. 

See you can't just proclaim an opinion you don't like invalid. You can disagree but you have to accept the reality that your own opinions may be wrong. That's what a debate is. This is a message board. We have differing opinions. It's why these threads aren't one reply long.

So which is, we can have opinions and should accept the reality that our own opinions could be wrong or LMAO at people who's opinion is that COVID is no joke to some and can understand there is and should be real fear.  

But you know, thats funny.  Somehow.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

So which is, we can have opinions and should accept the reality that our own opinions could be wrong or LMAO at people who's opinion is that COVID is no joke to some and can understand there is and should be real fear.  

But you know, thats funny.  Somehow.

Everyone can have an opening even if they're laughable.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

30 million later and he's searching for his flame?! Anyone defending C.J. Mosley for choosing to bail on the Jets is an absolute FOOL. He isn't opting out because he's protecting his kid. He's opting out because he doesn't absolutely LOVE FOOTBALL. He got his bonus and then he bailed after Jamal was traded. Have a nice life, Clint. 

• Upvote 2

Same people bitching about Mosley choosing not to play, which is well within his rights... 

Are most likely the same people saying wearing a mask infringes on their rights...

Who are likely the same people saying ‘open up’ to save the economy, but...

Refusing to wear a mask to local businesses in their community which in turn drives other customers away from those businesses, thus hurting their own local economy.

All this to say, who gives a crap what they say?

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

16 hours ago, nycdan said:

So I read the article and it said something I did not know.  He has a son.  That was unusually difficult to find on the Internet, which is usually giving with both hands on personal information about celebrities.  So I'll give him at least a partial pass for that, which I was unaware of earlier.  Obviously I don't know any details of who is raising him so I can't judge.  Many NFL players have children and are playing, but this may be a more unique type of situation.  

In any case, I hope it's what he says it is, and not him losing his passion for the game.  I guess we'll know in a year.

In addition to a son (and possibly a mother, father, brother, sister, cousin, aunt/uncle, etc. that he might be close too) he might also have 3 girlfriends.  Maybe 1 or 2 of his women are high risk.  I'm not saying RKelly stuff, but like, legit 3 girls he's on the reg with and they cool with it because he's a baller. Dude is handsome AF so it wouldnt be shocking and hats off if he's maintaining like that, ya feel me?

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

Posts like these really separate the self-centered scum from decent human beings......

We're in the middle of a pandemic.....who knows how much of the season we actually get through. F$@$ YOUR NEED TO BE ENTERTAINED!!!!!!!!

IT'S NO ONE'S FAULT BUT MACCAGNAN'S WHY HE GAVE HIM 85Ms TO COME HERE

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Every can have an opening even if they're laughable.

So opinions should be accepted unless you criticize them by calling then laughable? 

In other words your opinions are opinions so cant be challenged but others opinions are fair game?

And of course Moselys opinion about the risk to a family member by COVID is completely unacceptable and challengeable 

Gotcha

On 8/2/2020 at 8:00 AM, Jet Nut said:

Where does it say hes not concerned with COVID?

He is comparing what the players being told what they can't  do to coaches and owners

He is building an argument that the players are receiving  unfair treatment in comparison.  IOW's, if you are not restricting them, we should  not be restricted.. He sounds just like these people complaining about their freedom being infringed upon because they are asked to wear a mask before entering a store or restaurant.  

On 8/2/2020 at 8:25 AM, IndianaJet said:

I kind of read that as saying “why don’t the coaches and staff have these social restrictions too, we can’t be in a bubble so they need to just as careful as we do”

I see those tweets as Mosley being very concerned. 

if tjat is what he was putting forward, he would have said the coaches and owners also need to follow these measures.  Instead he said the treatment was unfair as in the coaches and owners have a better deal

On 8/2/2020 at 10:28 AM, Dcat said:

Exactly.  Thank you.  At least someone agrees with my take here.  I'm thinking a lot of this Mosley rage is pure fan-selfishness.  Everyone ascribing bad motives to him.  His past tweets showed tremendous concerns for what actions the NFL was going to take, not only for players, but also for the rest of the team's staff

Sorry, I don't  see this tweet as him trying to champion a cause. It comes off as a complaint, not as the league needs to do more. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Same people bitching about Mosley choosing not to play, which is well within his rights... 

Are most likely the same people saying wearing a mask infringes on their rights...

Refusing to wear a mask to local businesses in their community which in turn drives other customers away from those businesses, thus hurting their own local economy.

OK you win the Internet for a week with that one.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I think it's generalizations like these that are helping to tear apart our country. Everyone falls under one of two umbrellas now, it applies to absolutely everything and anything someone reads, hears, discusses, or opines on. I'll stop here so as not to appear to swing this to a political argument.

One thing I can't wait to hear is which NFL player threw the party people got shot at last night, really hope he didn't opt out.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Posted this in a thread that either got moved or locked...

Covid is no joke, and everyone can be on one side or the other about in this debate. It's no joke to people who have had it, and it's no joke to those who we want to protect from getting it that we love. It's also no joke to those who are losing housing, income, and would want to open up, etc...

While he has every right to opt out for whatever reason he chooses, it is also very DISAPPOINTING to some fans that he did that at the salary he is being paid. He did in fact get praised for being the ANTI Jamal Adams, so it's only reasonable that we expected more from him. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

He is comparing what the players being told what they can't  do to coaches and owners

He is building an argument that the players are receiving  unfair treatment in comparison.  IOW's, if you are not restricting them, we should  not be restricted.. He sounds just like these people complaining about their freedom being infringed upon because they are asked to wear a mask before entering a store or restaurant.  

Actually I think hes saying he had no input and wants to know why players restrictions are different than for coaches and owners.'

Maybe he cant figure out how if players restrict themselves they cant get COVID by being in close contact with coaches.

I dont hear him saying hes against any restrictions or feels his freedoms are infringed on.

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually I think hes saying he had no input and wants to know why players restrictions are different than for coaches and owners.'

Maybe he cant figure out how if players restrict themselves they cant get COVID by being in close contact with coaches.

I dont hear him saying hes against any restrictions or feels his freedoms are infringed on.

First off by Mosley making any comments  about owners and coaches just shows he isn't  very smart. The players are put into different situations than the coaches and the owners, especially  the owners. It is common sense that coaches would have a different set of rules than players because of the way they interact. A lot would be the same but there would be differences hence they would have a coaches only call to address their situation. Owners are basically the same as a fan with better access to team so they need to follow state mandates like wearing a mask when you are at work or at a place of business. 

Secondly, the tweet has an air of discontent.  He seems to be complaining the treatment is not equal and is unfair. It's  almost has if he thinks the owners and coaches have a better deal in this than the players. 

39 minutes ago, jetswin said:

I think it's generalizations like these that are helping to tear apart our country. Everyone falls under one of two umbrellas now, it applies to absolutely everything and anything someone reads, hears, discusses, or opines on. I'll stop here so as not to appear to swing this to a political argument.

One thing I can't wait to hear is which NFL player threw the party people got shot at last night, really hope he didn't opt out.

I mean, tearing apart the country was totally my goal with that post.

evil mr burns GIF

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1