Jump to content
Jetsbb

CJ Mosley advocated to let players go out and socialize plus didn't want an NFL bubble.

Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I mean, tearing apart the country was totally my goal with that post.

evil mr burns GIF

It's what typical woke Apes do..gorilla_1f98d.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

First off by Mosley making any comments  about owners and coaches just shows he isn't  very smart. The players are put into different situations than the coaches and the owners, especially  the owners. It is common sense that coaches would have a different set of rules than players because of the way they interact. A lot would be the same but there would be differences hence they would have a coaches only call to address their situation. Owners are basically the same as a fan with better access to team so they need to follow state mandates like wearing a mask when you are at work or at a place of business. 

Secondly, the tweet has an air of discontent.  He seems to be complaining the treatment is not equal and is unfair. It's  almost has if he thinks the owners and coaches have a better deal in this than the players. 

Whats the difference with coaches, who can catch COVID just like players and spread it to a team.  
He doesn’t seem to be doing anything different than stating facts, coaches and players have different protocols and the players had no choice in what they were.    You can dream up airs of discontent but I’m not getting any complaints about who got the better deal, don’t even know what a better deal is, more restrictions or fewer?  Want COVID or want to be protected 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, NYJetsVets91 said:

He should just be honest and say he'd rather sit and make $10 mil than play another down for the Jets.

Good thing I never grew up to became a well paid NFL player. My facade of any integrity at all would go out the window in five seconds.  CJ probably still has a good reason.  I wouldn't other than complete laziness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

He is comparing what the players being told what they can't  do to coaches and owners

 He is building an argument that the players are receiving  unfair treatment in comparison.  IOW's, if you are not restricting them, we should  not be restricted.. He sounds just like these people complaining about their freedom being infringed upon because they are asked to wear a mask before entering a store or restaurant.  

He didn’t say a word about unfair treatment.  Just that there are differences and players didn’t have a say in the decision making process.  

Not seeing how saying you weren’t involved in the process means he’s complaining that players are getting treated unfairly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jetswin said:

I think it's generalizations like these that are helping to tear apart our country. Everyone falls under one of two umbrellas now, it applies to absolutely everything and anything someone reads, hears, discusses, or opines on. I'll stop here so as not to appear to swing this to a political argument.

 

One thing I can't wait to hear is which NFL player threw the party people got shot at last night, really hope he didn't opt out.

I agree with you. I don't like Mosley opting out, yet I also believe 100% in wearing mask inside businesses and stores.  Wow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I agree with you. I don't like Mosley opting out, yet I also believe 100% in wearing mask inside businesses and stores.  Wow. 

Most do. I don’t see the mask thing being an issue. It’s going to get play when someone videos someone wigging out as if it’s the norm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, NYJetsVets91 said:

He should just be honest and say he'd rather sit and make $10 mil than play another down for the Jets.

There’s absolutely no doubt that’s what he’s doing imo. He’d rather not play and there’s an out he already banked 10MM, so yeah. 
 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I agree with you. I don't like Mosley opting out, yet I also believe 100% in wearing mask inside businesses and stores.  Wow. 

I don’t think this one is as cookie cutter either. You can believe in the virus, follow mandates and still look at this guys situation and call bs. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Whats the difference with coaches, who can catch COVID just like players and spread it to a team.  
He doesn’t seem to be doing anything different than stating facts, coaches and players have different protocols and the players had no choice in what they were.    You can dream up airs of discontent but I’m not getting any complaints about who got the better deal, don’t even know what a better deal is, more restrictions or fewer?  Want COVID or want to be protected 

Since I wasn't  on either call, I couldn't  tell you the difference but I am sure the coaches had their own call or meeting separate  from the players. I know the Jets are very dysfunctional,  but I think they would have gotten that part right. I mean if they are telling the players not to be within 6 feet of each other during workouts, and to wear masks, do you think they would let the coaches sit next to them not wearing masks? I mean this is what the insinuation is.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He didn’t say a word about unfair treatment.  Just that there are differences and players didn’t have a say in the decision making process.  

Not seeing how saying you weren’t involved in the process means he’s complaining that players are getting treated unfairly 

he said it doesn't  add up. What else could that mean other than you are not treating is in a fair manner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

he said it doesn't  add up. What else could that mean other than you are not treating is in a fair manner. 

It could mean exactly what the words mean, he didn’t, no players he heard of, where involved in whatever decisions were made.  
I tend to believe most of what people say is truthful and don’t look for what I think they mean when nothing points to anything differently.  He said players weren’t involved.  They weren’t, fact.  You’ve decided it means he’s saying they weren’t being treated in a fair manner.  
I don’t see it and don’t agree, that’s all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I try to log at the latest Mosley Twitter post that people are referring to I can't see it when I select the link. Did he remove that tweet? If so, can someone enlighten me on the wording?

Sent from my SM-G975U using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

It could mean exactly what the words mean, he didn’t, no players he heard of, where involved in whatever decisions were made.  
I tend to believe most of what people say is truthful and don’t look for what I think they mean when nothing points to anything differently.  He said players weren’t involved.  They weren’t, fact.  You’ve decided it means he’s saying they weren’t being treated in a fair manner.  
I don’t see it and don’t agree, that’s all

He also said the player are told what they can't  do and nothing about the coaches and owners. He is pointing  out a difference in treatment  there. Right after that he said it doesn't  add up. If you want to interpret that he was saying that about the players not being involved in setting rules about how they are going to prevent the spread of a virus, have at ot, but that would be a very disjointed conversation  since he stated another thought after he made the players comment and then said it doesn't  add up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

He also said the player are told what they can't  do and nothing about the coaches and owners. He is pointing  out a difference in treatment  there. Right after that he said it doesn't  add up. If you want to interpret that he was saying that about the players not being involved in setting rules about how they are going to prevent the spread of a virus, have at ot, but that would be a very disjointed conversation  since he stated another thought after he made the players comment and then said it doesn't  add up.

Again, exactly what he said and facts.  The players were told, had no say.  Again thats what I said.  I.m not interpreting anything, I keep quoting his words and you keep saying "but he clearly meant".

Youre reading between the lines, really not getting it.  If he wanted to say what youre thinking he mean, he would have said it, even thats not a big deal.  Hes not whining so its not that important in the grand scheme of things

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Again, exactly what he said and facts.  The players were told, had no say.  Again thats what I said.  I.m not interpreting anything, I keep quoting his words and you keep saying "but he clearly meant".

Youre reading between the lines, really not getting it.  If he wanted to say what youre thinking he mean, he would have said it, even thats not a big deal.  Hes not whining so its not that important in the grand scheme of things

I am not saying he didn't  say what you are putting forward but he clearly added to that later in the tweet that their was a difference between the way the three parties were treated. You are taking what I said out of context. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like he's dogging it, JMO. Saying things like this about the bubble and now saying he has to relight the flame? Are you f'ing serious??

F this guy. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I had an injury that ended my season, needed surgery and banked a huge payday, I would definitely think twice about playing again.  This is a rare case where the player actually has the upper hand.  If Mosley was just another guy and after season ended injury and surgery could no longer play at a high level he would get cut.  Nobody would question the Jets motive.

Forgetting the virus which is likely to end the season anyway, the information on CTE should give every player to at least consider how insane what they are doing is.  Any player who has banked enough to get out who doesn't seriously consider it are simply in denial.   

Mosley to his credit got himself in position to make choices.  That's rare in the NFL where players are drafted, slotted and usually wash out before getting a big payday.  

The hate for Mosley in this thread is typical of the self hatred most of us have for ourselves because we are trapped.  Mosley isn't trapped. He can actually do what's best for himself.  He's living the American Dream.   The hatred and self hatred is evident everywhere in this thread.  Mosley actually pulled himself up and no longer has to play by the same rules that we do.  He's financially independent.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Biggs said:

If I had an injury that ended my season, needed surgery and banked a huge payday, I would definitely think twice about playing again.  This is a rare case where the player actually has the upper hand.  If Mosley was just another guy and after season ended injury and surgery could no longer play at a high level he would get cut.  Nobody would question the Jets motive.

Forgetting the virus which is likely to end the season anyway, the information on CTE should give every player to at least consider how insane what they are doing is.  Any player who has banked enough to get out who doesn't seriously consider it are simply in denial.   

Mosley to his credit got himself in position to make choices.  That's rare in the NFL where players are drafted, slotted and usually wash out before getting a big payday.  

The hate for Mosley in this thread is typical of the self hatred most of us have for ourselves because we are trapped.  Mosley isn't trapped. He can actually do what's best for himself.  He's living the American Dream.   The hatred and self hatred is evident everywhere in this thread.  Mosley actually pulled himself up and no longer has to play by the same rules that we do.  He's financially independent.  

A lot of words here. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Biggs said:

If I had an injury that ended my season, needed surgery and banked a huge payday, I would definitely think twice about playing again.  This is a rare case where the player actually has the upper hand.  If Mosley was just another guy and after season ended injury and surgery could no longer play at a high level he would get cut.  Nobody would question the Jets motive.

Forgetting the virus which is likely to end the season anyway, the information on CTE should give every player to at least consider how insane what they are doing is.  Any player who has banked enough to get out who doesn't seriously consider it are simply in denial.   

Mosley to his credit got himself in position to make choices.  That's rare in the NFL where players are drafted, slotted and usually wash out before getting a big payday.  

The hate for Mosley in this thread is typical of the self hatred most of us have for ourselves because we are trapped.  Mosley isn't trapped. He can actually do what's best for himself.  He's living the American Dream.   The hatred and self hatred is evident everywhere in this thread.  Mosley actually pulled himself up and no longer has to play by the same rules that we do.  He's financially independent.  

Self hatred? Lol, the hatred is for an organization that for years makes the same stupid mistake of making another free agent the highest paid at his position. STOP DOING IT! At least with Joe Douglas in here that sh*t is OVER! We never learned anything for signing washed up players, Leonard Marshall, Ronnie Lott, Art Monk, to resigning the wrong players, Revis, Mo Wilkerson, now, Trumaine Johnson, CJ Mosely, it NEVER works out for the Jets. No one player is worth QB money except QBs! 

In Joe Douglas I trust! And now that Mosely will be 2 years removed from NFL football, hinted about his flame I hope Douglas can trade him next offseason for a #2 pick. We didn't have in 2019, now 2020, get rid of him & keep building this team through the draft! 

We know it's not Moselys FAULT, but every Jet player showed up to camp this week except the guy that pocketed 10 million in March. Team player my azz. He's the antithesis of Steve McClendon. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Self hatred? Lol, the hatred is for an organization that for years makes the same stupid mistake of making another free agent the highest paid at his position. STOP DOING IT! At least with Joe Douglas in here that sh*t is OVER! We never learned anything for signing washed up players, Leonard Marshall, Ronnie Lott, Art Monk, to resigning the wrong players, Revis, Mo Wilkerson, now, Trumaine Johnson, CJ Mosely, it NEVER works out for the Jets. No one player is worth QB money except QBs! 

In Joe Douglas I trust! And now that Mosely will be 2 years removed from NFL football, hinted about his flame I hope Douglas can trade him next offseason for a #2 pick. We didn't have in 2019, now 2020, get rid of him & keep building this team through the draft! 

We know it's not Moselys FAULT, but every Jet player showed up to camp this week except the guy that pocketed 10 million in March. Team player my azz. He's the antithesis of Steve McClendon. 

As of Monday 45 players have opted out.  Mosley had a season ending injury playing for the NY Jets that required surgery.  Had that happened when he was on a rookie contract he would have been screwed.  He has options.  Options don't exist for most people.  Most people are judging him on their own feelings of being trapped.  

Getting into his state of mind and comparing it to our own self interest, wanting to be entertained.  Just admit it, you want NFL football to entertain you and this is putting it in jeopardy of being a sh*t show. 

Every fan who is on this board has a huge vested interest in NFL football and the Jets.  We aren't rational.  You making this about team, when it's about his personal decision is about you not him.  Free agents are mercenaries.  Draft picks don't have a choice.  Team before the season starts doesn't even exist.  It's a work in progress during the actual season.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2020 at 11:37 AM, THE BARON said:

Dont forget kelechi osemele

dont you mean the starting right guard for the KC chiefs

that will be a fun game without a defense  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CTJetsFan said:

Just read Mosley's comments on SNY website. Definitely easier to make the decision to sit after cashing a $10 million dollar check. Some of the words he used tells me this wasn't just COVID related.

https://sny.tv/articles/mosley-opens-up-jets-opt-out

 

the Jets traded their best player, their only top 100 player their only all pro etc and CJ was like screw this 

if they aren't going to try this year, why should he? 

fans will say as long as Darnold develops it won't be a lost season

i don't know how much developing Darnold can do when the defense can't get off the field 

does "Garbage time" count as developing? 

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the Jets traded their best player, their only top 100 player their only all pro etc and CJ was like screw this 

if they aren't going to try this year, why should he? 

fans will say as long as Darnold develops it won't be a lost season

i don't know how much developing Darnold can do when the defense can't get off the field 

does "Garbage time" count as developing? 

In 2018 the Chiefs defense was one of the worst yet somehow Mahomes seemed to have no problem developing into a great QB. Last year the Falcons and Seahawks had bad defenses yet Ryan and Wilson had very good years.

I have no idea why you think Darnold can't develop when the team defense isn't good.

Regardless, the Jets team defense last year was pretty good without Mosley. Losing Adams hurts but the addition of Mcdougald/Davis along with the return of Avery Williamson and development of Q should keep this defense around middle of the pack.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, NYJetsVets91 said:

He should just be honest and say he'd rather sit and make $10 mil than play another down for the Jets.

He may feel differently in another year.  The best thing for him to do is not say anything.  He opted out.  He doesn't have to do a thing.  Unlike most players, he made it too FA healthy.  He was a great player and now he is in the unbelievable and enviable position to do whatever he wants to do.   Saying as little as possible is always the best thing to do.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Biggs said:

As of Monday 45 players have opted out.  Mosley had a season ending injury playing for the NY Jets that required surgery.  Had that happened when he was on a rookie contract he would have been screwed.  He has options.  Options don't exist for most people.  Most people are judging him on their own feelings of being trapped.  

Getting into his state of mind and comparing it to our own self interest, wanting to be entertained.  Just admit it, you want NFL football to entertain you and this is putting it in jeopardy of being a sh*t show. 

Every fan who is on this board has a huge vested interest in NFL football and the Jets.  We aren't rational.  You making this about team, when it's about his personal decision is about you not him.  Free agents are mercenaries.  Draft picks don't have a choice.  Team before the season starts doesn't even exist.  It's a work in progress during the actual season.

Tell me again how many New York Jets opted out? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jetster said:

Tell me again how many New York Jets opted out? 

You seem to want to discount the fact that Mosley earned his options.  Most of the players on the NY Jets have not earned Mosley's status.    Mosley signed a rookie contract and was a pro bowl player for 4 out of 5 years.  Instead of signing a lower priced guarantee with the team that drafted him in year 3, 4 or 5 he played his ass off at an elite level and made it too FA healthy.   He took risks and it paid off.  He got an unbelievable contract.  Most of the players on the NY Jets have not done that.  Jamal Adams actually shot himself off the team rather than do what Mosley did.  Mosley simply kept his head down and played his ass off.  He got a great contract and it gave him options.  I get that it pisses you off.   Your a Jets fan 

One of the reasons I love Gase is he got rid of Mac.  

The season is going to be missing tons of players on a weekly basis if it isn't shut down entirely.  The Pats have been decimated by opt outs.  It's not remotely a fair competition anymore.  This getting pissed at Mosley for doing what he feels is right for him based on what is going on big picture, I really don't know why people care or are upset.  The NFL this year isn't going to be the best against the best.  It's going to be somewhere between replacement players and real NFL football until it's shut down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I heard Gase never talks to players this is scandalous!!!!!

He only talks to Jets players that opt out.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bitonti said:

the Jets traded their best player, their only top 100 player their only all pro etc and CJ was like screw this 

if they aren't going to try this year, why should he? 

fans will say as long as Darnold develops it won't be a lost season

i don't know how much developing Darnold can do when the defense can't get off the field 

does "Garbage time" count as developing? 

What are you smoking?

its the same defense as last year

- adams

+ Williamson 

+ Zuniga 

+ Davis

+ mcdougal 

+ year 2 Q

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Transcript of conversation

Adam Gase: Hello

Clit Mosley: Coach, I'm gonna opt out.

Adam Gase: Hold on a minute, I'm putting you on speaker. ***sound of someone snorting a line of coke***

Adam Gase: you kidding me?! We pay you 30 mil since last year and you telling me you gonna bail on the 2020 season? You don't play?! Ok!!!! ***sound of more snorting.****

Clit Mosley: I'm searching for that flame coach. I just don't have it in me to play without my flame.

Adam Gase: You cockaroach! 

Clit Mosley: I got a party to go to, so see you in 2021. Ciao. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...