Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
KRL

The Defense Can Recover

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, KRL said:

Mosley opting out definitely was a big hit.  But the performance of
Gregg Williams and the defensive staff last year gives me confidence
in the scheme he'll come up with.  Personally I think the following
players will be the keys:

Vibes Psa GIF by GIPHY Cares

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Burgess played well too when he got p/t 

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ILB has a ton of depth and experience in this system bc of last year.  It's the last position on defense I'm worried about. Without Adams and Mosley (who didn't play last year) the Jets still have a stronger overall defense. The Linebacker group is better than last year,  the defensive line is the same and hopefully better if Quinnen can improve, the CB's are better and the safeties are a little worse than they were last year. Overall the defense has so much more depth and experience than a year ago.  Idk why people are freaking out. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then with rotation/backups at ILB Hewitt, Burgess, Cashman, etc. we will be able to not skip a beat without Mosley. We didn't have him last year.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is about damn time the offense does their share to help. The games the defense struggled the most were the games the offense stalled out and let guys like Daniel Jones, Fitz, the red head on Cincy, and the Pitt qb shred our defense.  They’re not even good qbs! Can’t let that happen this year. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the enthusiasm but 2 all pro players gone. Huge holes 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Drums said:

It is about damn time the offense does their share to help. The games the defense struggled the most were the games the offense stalled out and let guys like Daniel Jones, Fitz, the red head on Cincy, and the Pitt qb shred our defense.  They’re not even good qbs! Can’t let that happen this year. 

This times a million. Darnold is talented, but he needs to prove something and consistently at some point. Hopefully the oline comes together enough for him to keep developing. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Larz said:

Love the enthusiasm but 2 all pro players gone. Huge holes 

Really only one huge hole.  Mosley is a loss of the opportunity to improve.  Since he wasn't here last year, Jets can't be worse by his staying home.  It's JA (the player) who will be missed.  Jamal the teammate, not so much.

Going in to this season, it was possible the Jets D would be intimidating.  Win some games outright.  That does seem likely now.  But a repeat of last year isn't all bad.

The retooled OL needs to step up!

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

I dont think he's irreplaceable, I am still annoyed though.  He is definitely a difference maker on the field and one of the top MLB in the game, but 2 years off football?  What kind of player is he going to be when he gets back?  thats the issue to me. 

 

We offset the contract by a year so he has 4 more years after this? and no football for 2 seasons, I dont know.  Just doesnt seem good to me. 

He'll finally be healthy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, addage said:

Really only one huge hole.  Mosley is a loss of the opportunity to improve.  Since he wasn't here last year, Jets can't be worse by his staying home.  It's JA (the player) who will be missed.  Jamal the teammate, not so much.

Going in to this season, it was possible the Jets D would be intimidating.  Win some games outright.  That does seem likely now.  But a repeat of last year isn't all bad.

The retooled OL needs to step up!

I don't understand why this is lost on some people. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, addage said:

Really only one huge hole.  Mosley is a loss of the opportunity to improve.  Since he wasn't here last year, Jets can't be worse by his staying home.  It's JA (the player) who will be missed.  Jamal the teammate, not so much.

Going in to this season, it was possible the Jets D would be intimidating.  Win some games outright.  That does seem likely now.  But a repeat of last year isn't all bad.

The retooled OL needs to step up!

Mosley made 4 big plays in a half of football lol

the corners could force williams into a lot of the stuff he had to run last year to protect them again 

if Zuniga gets consistent pressure that would be great lol

probably looking at bend but don’t break 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Larz said:

Love the enthusiasm but 2 all pro players gone. Huge holes 

Losing Jamal made me feel that the Jets were going from 8 wins to 8 wins for the year.

Now losing CJ Moseley, it's my feeling the Jets will be going from 8 wins to 7 wins, same as last year.

This is due to what I think will be a major upgrade in the offense this year.

The defense will be good but not great, and the offense should get better than last year. 

If not for the offense, we would be having about 4 wins for the year.  

I thought that the Jets could surprise this year in vying for a playoff spot,  but no longer.

Still, I feel that there is a lot to be excited about for this team in terms of how our offense will be improved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I say since we lost CJ, bring in Clowney. Atleast he'd give us a pass rusher to move around.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Alka said:

Losing Jamal made me feel that the Jets were going from 8 wins to 8 wins for the year.

Now losing CJ Moseley, it's my feeling the Jets will be going from 8 wins to 7 wins, same as last year.

This is due to what I think will be a major upgrade in the offense this year.

The defense will be good but not great, and the offense should get better than last year. 

If not for the offense, we would be having about 4 wins for the year.  

I thought that the Jets could surprise this year in vying for a playoff spot,  but no longer.

Still, I feel that there is a lot to be excited about for this team in terms of how our offense will be improved.

I agree, I’m really looking forward to seeing becton, Mims and Zuniga. I also think gore could give them 5 key tough runs per game. Sneaky excited to see if Quinnen can make a big jump. 
if I’m not mistaken this is Darnolds first time in his life playing in the same offense for a second year so that is the key to everything. If he makes consistent quick reads and good decisions he has all the talent. 
 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

D can still be top half ... possible top third

---

O is what 2020 is all about ... keep that side of the ball healthy and opted in !

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sammybighead said:

Everyone breathe, it’s gonna be alright.

Yeah but it could have been better than alright

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mosley is a big loss - bigger than Adams in my opinion - but at least ILB is a place where the Jets have ample depth. It's the deepest spot on the roster.

Williamson and Onwuasor should be the starters, with support from Hewitt, Burgess and Cashman. That's still a good group, even without the star power of Mosley.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the jets paid Mosely 10 million dollars for 1 half of  football in 2 years

but Adams is too expensive 

by the way this defense went from decent to garbage 

in 2 moves

 

  • Thumb Down 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard to miss something you didn’t really have. If we lost Greg Williams then I’d worry. Think we will be fine. However I would like to use some of that freed up cap on Logan or Clowney 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, Larz said:

he makes consistent quick reads and good decisions

this is the part where I get worried...   cos there is like a night and day difference (inconsistency) with him that I can't explain away by sokmething I can overtly see/identify....   and i worry that it's ability to process what he sees in time....

cos i felt that he left chunks out there where the ball got out late...    or so it seemed to me,,,

I think Sabo has this in one of his vids....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the jets paid Mosely 10 million dollars for 1 half of  football in 2 years

but Adams is too expensive 

by the way this defense went from decent to garbage 

in 2 moves

 

If they bring in Clowney it is passable.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, addage said:

Really only one huge hole.  Mosley is a loss of the opportunity to improve.  Since he wasn't here last year, Jets can't be worse by his staying home.  It's JA (the player) who will be missed.  Jamal the teammate, not so much.

Going in to this season, it was possible the Jets D would be intimidating.  Win some games outright.  That does seem likely now.  But a repeat of last year isn't all bad.

The retooled OL needs to step up!

Why? We are still significant;y better on defense than last year especially if some of the rookies pan out

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bitonti said:

the jets paid Mosely 10 million dollars for 1 half of  football in 2 years

but Adams is too expensive 

by the way this defense went from decent to garbage 

in 2 moves

 

Your new Shtick sucks, I prefer the old you.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BurnleyJet said:

Your new Shtick sucks, I prefer the old you.

He's all doom and gloom now.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole season comes down to whether or not Darnold and Gase and Perriman put up 28 ppg or 21 ppg. Everything else is dumbsh*t. Welcome ro my TED talk.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bitonti said:

the jets paid Mosely 10 million dollars for 1 half of  football in 2 years

but Adams is too expensive 

by the way this defense went from decent to garbage 

in 2 moves

 

Adams was just fine under his rookie contract, one that he continues to play under with the Seahawks, and the Mosley deal was a terrible free agent signing. 

Defense will be fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The changes to the defense from last year are, essentially:

1) Add Avery Williamson

2) Swap Adams for McDougald

3) improved CB group

We should be a better defense this year than we were last year. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

The changes to the defense from last year are, essentially:

1) Add Avery Williamson

2) Swap Adams for McDougald

3) improved CB group

We should be a better defense this year than we were last year. 

The third round should also be pretty involved. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...