The Defense Can Recover

KRL

9 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

The changes to the defense from last year are, essentially:

1) Add Avery Williamson

2) Swap Adams for McDougald

3) improved CB group

We should be a better defense this year than we were last year. 

4) Williams. Rookie year is generally a wash and it really doesn’t make sense he was that absent. Unless he’s that bad, which would be weird. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

4) Williams. Rookie year is generally a wash and it really doesn’t make sense he was that absent. Unless he’s that bad, which would be weird. 

Thought about adding that but decided I'd stick to personnel rather than projecting growth

23 hours ago, Larz said:

Love the enthusiasm but 2 all pro players gone. Huge holes 

mosley made the pro bowl last season?  thought not.  his potential will be missed but he didn't play more than two games so he'll be replaced.  adams was an all pro and mcdougald has a big hole to fill but they also didn't have williamson available and so there is every reason that the ss can go back to a more traditional role.

3 hours ago, rangerous said:

mosley made the pro bowl last season?  thought not.  

No, but he's made 4 All-Pro teams in his career and made more positive impact in 3 quarters last season than Jamal made the entire season.  

Would have loved to see a healthy Mosley out there and still would like to see it in 2021.  We're stuck with him until at least June 1, 2022 (unless he retires) so might as well try to make the best of it next season.

Considering this quote from Mosley about needing to "kind of find that
flame again" about football its probably good he opted out:

Rich CiminiESPN Staff Writer 

Jets LB C.J. Mosley, commenting publicly for the first time on his decision to opt out, said he has a young son and didn't want to take any COVID-19 risks. In a Facebook Live event for the Wounded Warrior Project, Mosley called it "probably the biggest football decision I've made in a long time, probably since I picked what college I'm going to." He said he will use the time off to get better physically and mentally and "kind of find that flame again." (Via Newsday)

8 minutes ago, KRL said:

Considering this quote from Mosley about needing to "kind of find that
flame again" about football its probably good he opted out:

Rich CiminiESPN Staff Writer 

Jets LB C.J. Mosley, commenting publicly for the first time on his decision to opt out, said he has a young son and didn't want to take any COVID-19 risks. In a Facebook Live event for the Wounded Warrior Project, Mosley called it "probably the biggest football decision I've made in a long time, probably since I picked what college I'm going to." He said he will use the time off to get better physically and mentally and "kind of find that flame again." (Via Newsday)

I still don’t think he’s healed from last year’s injury and surgery and this factored into his decision.

If JD feels a few weeks ahead from now...that there's going to be a season.  He has the CAP $$ to make a couple of moves to shore up the defense.   And if a Clowney or Everson Griffen is still there...he should sign one of them to a 1 year contract.  Same goes for Logan Ryan.   

The AFCE is there for the taking.

Go for it!