Who’s the best player on the Jets?

Adams is gone. Mosley is out. Sam has been inconsistent. Bell is coming off only a fair season a disappointment. We have some good position players but no all stars. So the best player on the team right now. I’d go with Darnold. I think with better blocking Bell could still be a standout and a first down maker

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

By 2021 the top 3 Jets will be Darnold, Becton, and Mims, and no one will miss Jamal Adams or CJ Mosley.

Hopefully in that order. Most people here never wanted Mosley or Adams in the first place.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Seriously, who is the top player on this team?

This needed to be a poll since none of us can remember any players names on the team apart from Sammy, Adams & Mosley. Is there as Allen on the team? 
If so he’s the best 

Edited by 32EBoozer
spelling
  • Upvote 1

Who is the best player on the 49ers? When its not the QB whats the difference? 

Best player doesnt mean anything. Lev Bell has historically been one of the best players in the league, Darnold is an ascending player and potentially our best player. How about the new punter? If hes gonna punt to a 46 yard net and hit 60% of his KOs for touchbacks then hes gonna be our best player. 

Your best player needs to be your QB. Short of that the best player(s) better be your GM and HC. Ask NE or Seattle or Pitts. Player turnover is so great that if you cant choose them and coach them up it doesnt matter. If you can you dont even to have this conversation.        

My instinct is that it's Bell. Crowder, Poole, and Maye are good players too.

I hope it's Darnold. But the reality is he's not an "above average" QB based on his quality of work and a few other guys we have are (for their respective positions.)

But yeah, this question, in the absence of Adams and Mosley, is a bit sobering.

23 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

My instinct is that it's Bell. Crowder, Poole, and Maye are good players too.

I hope it's Darnold. But the reality is he's not an "above average" QB based on his quality of work and a few other guys we have are (for their respective positions.)

But yeah, this question, in the absence of Adams and Mosley, is a bit sobering.

When your big loss is a SS and ILB, you dont have to worry too much.  I just wish there was a way they could part ways with Mosley right now and not lose another dime. 

23 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Crowder.  Bell.  Gore.

Maybe some of the young kids, QW or Becton.  We'll see.

Maybe Darnold.  Again, we'll see.

It would be really nice if QW started making an impact.  He's got his braces off now, so perhaps that's a start :-)  If you look good, it helps you play good

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The fact that nobody can give anywhere near a clear answer to this can't be good.

Not a bit.  

Brian Winters was the longest-tenured Jet, and got cut.  Bilal Powell was the previous # 1 and is still a free agent.  That's rough.

The longest-tenured Jet now?  Quincy Enunwa.  Entering his 7th season and he's only played in 41 games in his career, and the Jets only haven't cut him already because of the injury guarantees in his contract.  

# 2 is Jordan Jenkins.