ageingjetfan

will a Starting QB opt out and if so, who do you think?

Nah I doubt it - there’s a significant level of responsibility when you’re the starting QB of an NFL team. There’s too much pressure on them and opting out would mean a team essentially forfeiting the season.

Disclaimer here that it’s within their rights to protect their families... but I don’t think any starting QB is looking to catch that kind of heat. They’d get killed by their fanbase and their team would be pissed even if they can’t come out and say it.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

We need to all pray Russel Wilson, but then jamal can carry the hawks to a 12-4 record anyway.

In what decade will you guys stop bringing up Jamals name in thread that have nothing to do with Jamal?

When will you realize you sound like an obsessed ex? 

Just curious

• Like 2

I think the Deadline is Monday and I would be shocked if any big time QBs opt out. Most QBs are leaders (the opposite of a clown like Mosely. 

The type of QB that would opt out would be a Jay Cutler type. Guys who were never all in on football to begin with. 

Let's be real, there is a danger in getting Covid this season, but there has always been a danger playing football. Head Trauma/getting paralyzed and many other ailments that are FAR more likely to effect a person long term playing football this year than Covid (again, unless you have a family situation like Solder where the risk increases exponentially.)

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

Brady is worth a billion dollars .. once players start having COVID break outs .. he will stop playing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

If there is a serious case where a QB gets ill I could see them thinking twice.  Or somebody getting quarantined for a significant amount of time.  I think it will be a winnowing process.  Some guys will just bail and others more heavily invested will stay the whole schedule.

For me, I would say drew brees. Mostly because he's one the older QB's in the league.

My biggest money is on Matt Stafford. His wife had a brain tumor removed several months ago and two very young kids. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

My biggest money is on Matt Stafford. His wife had a brain tumor removed several months ago and two very young kids. 

Agreed. Plus, he already did.

Wilson please.  I've been dying to watch some Geno Smith for so many years now.  In fact... now we have a reason.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Already did what, opted out?

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

No he has covid now

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

Means he tested positive for covid 

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

That just means he either tested positive or was exposed to a positive test.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

In what decade will you guys stop bringing up Jamals name in thread that have nothing to do with Jamal?

When will you realize you sound like an obsessed ex? 

Just curious

As I said in another thread, a truth is that the people that all want to 'move on' 'stop talking about.'' it is in the past' on a subject or player are almost exclusively the ones that were 100% wrong about the player or issue.

Then instead of over time letting the issue fade away they come into each thread harrumphing about people keeping it going.

No, I am not going to stop about jamal for a while yet.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

That just means he either tested positive or was exposed to a positive test.

ah - I thought they were the same. thanks.

when being a wise ass back fires.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

ah - I thought they were the same. thanks.

when being a wise ass back fires.

Muahahaha 

30 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

As I said in another thread, a truth is that the people that all want to 'move on' 'stop talking about.'' it is in the past' on a subject or player are almost exclusively the ones that were 100% wrong about the player or issue.

Then instead of over time letting the issue fade away they come into each thread harrumphing about people keeping it going.

No, I am not going to stop about jamal for a while yet.

Youre obsessed and harping on Jamal

If this thread had anything to do with him, his character issues or his game, different story

The same jokes makes it an obsession.  That is has nothing to with the player and arent almost exclusively the ones that were 100% wrong about the player or issue.  You said he wasn't worth a low 1st.  You said we would never get two 1s, that no one would pay that much for a S.  You said that there weren't teams interested because he just isnt that good.  

I wouldn't be talking about people who were 100% wrong.  I didnt make any of those claims and said id JD gets what he wants in trade fine.  So its bot all that were 100% wrong that are tired of the Jamal rants

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

We need to all pray Russel Wilson, but then jamal can carry the hawks to a 12-4 record anyway.

Wilson would be the A-1 choice and also Pete would sign Kaepernick to replace him so double-word score.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Wilson would be the A-1 choice and also Pete would sign Kaepernick to replace him so double-word score.

Well now that would guarantee no season. 

• Haha 1

I just got of the phone with a friend of mine who knows someone who's is close with Ciara, and Ciara has already decided for Russell he's opting out. 

• Haha 1

It need to be stated clearly again. 

Going to the Covid list is NOT opting out. 

If any starting QB opts out my money is Aaron Rodgers.

4 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I think the Deadline is Monday and I would be shocked if any big time QBs opt out. Most QBs are leaders (the opposite of a clown like Mosely. 

The type of QB that would opt out would be a Jay Cutler type. Guys who were never all in on football to begin with. 

Let's be real, there is a danger in getting Covid this season, but there has always been a danger playing football. Head Trauma/getting paralyzed and many other ailments that are FAR more likely to effect a person long term playing football this year than Covid (again, unless you have a family situation like Solder where the risk increases 

I didn't realize you figured out the long term effects of Covid.  You should tell the leading doctors and scientists who are working on this bc they don't even know that info yet. Good for you

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Youre obsessed and harping on Jamal

If this thread had anything to do with him, his character issues or his game, different story

The same jokes makes it an obsession.  That is has nothing to with the player and arent almost exclusively the ones that were 100% wrong about the player or issue.  You said he wasn't worth a low 1st.  You said we would never get two 1s, that no one would pay that much for a S.  You said that there weren't teams interested because he just isnt that good.  

I wouldn't be talking about people who were 100% wrong.  I didnt make any of those claims and said id JD gets what he wants in trade fine.  So its bot all that were 100% wrong that are tired of the Jamal rants

Waaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Aaron Rodgers

Philip Rivers

Ben Roethlisberger

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Drew Brees

Essentially, any older quarterback who isn’t in it for the money and has already proven to be much more than originally thought.  The contract doesn’t change and you pick up another year age-wise. 

SAR I

4 hours ago, shawn306 said:

Darnold

So jet-like

16 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Knowing his diva personality I can see that happening.  Would be lovely to see Packers fans suffer for once

Not because they made the trade but I have always felt that Wilson will opt out to make some point. He will be told by God. I liked Wilson when he first came out but he seems to be an arrogant elitist douchenozzle now.

• Confused 1