don’t @ me

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Crazy random thought I just completely had out of my own original ideas, but if we traded for JuJu Smith and signed Logan Ryan, the Jets would instantly see impact on both sides of the ball. 

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Random thought i had but sandra bullock os terrible in the sack

dam I suk 

• Haha 1

Juju adds a run after the catch element that currently don’t have. If we sign him, our weapons would look solid. Add Clowney to the defense and we may have something.

Maybe trade for Lattimore. Some of these teams are not going to be able to pay players next offseason. They might as well trade them.

3 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

What do you think Juju would cost in a trade?

Being that Pittsburgh is in cap hell , they’ll be in the QB market soon and are known for being good at developing WRs. I’d think a 3rd and a later pick would get it done. They’ve got Dupree,Mike Hilton,JuJu, Cam Heyward all slated to hit free agency, plus a TJ Watt mega deal looming. Juju had a down year last year maybe we can take advantage of that 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Rolloffjet said:

I like juju but would love Allen Robinson for a trade maybe a 2nd or 3rd. And sign Clowney for 1 year. Those 2 moves and I won’t have to ask Santa For anything this year. 

From what I see from the way Douglas operates....... won’t happen. He’s looking to take time and build through the draft.. Don’t expect any splash signings. He did what he did for the oline because the Jets line was so bad it was absolutely ridiculous. 

I could see a few camp casualties and signing a vet or two for depth- don’t expect anything juicy though.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Being that Pittsburgh is in cap hell , they’ll be in the QB market soon and are known for being good at developing WRs. I’d think a 3rd and a later pick would get it done. They’ve got Dupree,Mike Hilton,JuJu, Cam Heyward all slated to hit free agency, plus a TJ Watt mega deal looming. Juju had a down year last year maybe we can take advantage of that 

Yup. Some of these teams are in cap hell. Juju makes too much sense for us. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GreenFish said:

Yup. Some of these teams are in cap hell. Juju makes too much sense for us. 

I agree. Our WR room is still weak/unproven, Juju brings young experience and athleticism add in his chemistry with Darnold it’s a good move.  I just hope we’re not punting the space to next year

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

JD isn’t trading any picks away!! People need to get this through their heads. He’s not in the business of trading away picks, he acquires then.

JD will do anything that he feels like is a worth while move. The way he likes to keep options open, I wouldn’t be blown away by him making a move for a WR with picks. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Random thought I had.. if we traded for JuJu Smith (we have the draft capital now) and signed Logan Ryan, we would instantly see more impact on both sides of the ball. Doesn’t seem very realistic but I guess it leads to the point/question of this thread.

what are two moves JD could make that would take this roster from 7-9 to playoff contenders.

1. Have the rosters of 15 other teams euthanized

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

JD will do anything that he feels like is a worth while move. The way he likes to keep options open, I wouldn’t be blown away by him making a move for a WR with picks. 

He’s not giving up significant capital for a guy who’s gonna be a free agent next year I can guarantee that

• Upvote 1

I actually like our mix of corners and even after the trade of Adams I am comfortable with the safeties. The secondary isn’t a huge concern for me although there could be some growing pains. What seems to be lacking is pass rush. It’s been a problem for years. We manufactured some sacks with Gregg Williams scheming Jamal Adams. That’s not happening anymore. We need some natural pass rushers. Jenkins, Zuniga, Basham, etc. need to do something or we need to add a guy.

A slot receiver with average speed would fit the Jets perfectly. The Jets’ top target receiver right now doesn’t play in the slot already so it wouldn’t be redundant at all and the average speed absolutely fits with the emphasis on explosiveness Douglas has had at the position. Plus Douglas definitely seems likely to give up draft picks.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Copernicus said:

Did I miss something because why is Ju Ju Smith automatically being traded from Pitt? 

There has been talk about the Steelers being uninterested in giving him a long term deal. So that lead to speculation that they would trade for.

The bad newd is that juju seems to do best out of the slot and we already have Crowder.

1 hour ago, Arsis said:

Yeah man, not wanting to deal with racism and racist jokes makes me a child.

I'm glad you're comfortable enough on this site to so blatantly and outwardly defend racism.

STOP MANSPLAINING!!!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Random thought I had.. if we traded for JuJu Smith (we have the draft capital now) and signed Logan Ryan, we would instantly see more impact on both sides of the ball. Doesn’t seem very realistic but I guess it leads to the point/question of this thread.

what are two moves JD could make that would take this roster from 7-9 to playoff contenders.

I would be interested in trading for Juju.  I just don’t think its going to happen.  This year is a throw away, and I don’t see the Jets doing anything much.